• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The NRA Has Always Chipped Away At the 2A

Cause no

NRA just fails to stand up and oppose bad ideas when they count most....and in other cases like we've see in NH and elsewhere threaten RKBA politicians supporting good legislation (ConCarry) if they support the bill and dont do NRA's will......do a little research into Hohenwarter

Cause no one finds you believable or credible.

Your strategy to repeat the same fake news dominates these type of threads every so often fails when members start to remember you and your tactics. You should be tagged so we don't waste time responding to your posts.

We all think you should go to progressive, anti-2A forums where you will be appreciated.

I'm sure Steve Bannon and Brietbart will be going after these RINO's.
"The National Rifle Association (NRA) has given public support for additional regulations on bump stocks, but stopped short of endorsing any legislation for lawmakers to consider.

So far, only nine other Republicans have signed on to the Curbelo-Moulton bill: Reps. Peter King (N.Y.), Leonard Lance (N.J.), Patrick Meehan (Pa.), Ed Royce (Calif.), Chris Smith (N.J.), Erik Paulsen (Minn.), Ryan Costello (Pa.), Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (Fla.) and Charlie Dent (Pa.).
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/354762-bipartisan-lawmakers-unveil-bill-to-ban-gun-bump-stocks

The same number of Democrats have also co-sponsored the bill, because Curbelo and Moulton want their colleagues to endorse the measure "Noak's Ark style" with a member of the other party.

Most of the GOP lawmakers who co-sponsored the bill are centrists who are also expected to face tough reelections in 2018.

Reps. David Cicilline (D-R.I.) and Dina Titus (D-Nev.), who represents Las Vegas, introduced similar legislation last week to ban bump stocks.

If the NRA leadership wants to redeem itself at least in my eyes and i'm sure many others , lets see the press release that they are going balls out no prisoners against the nine RINO's who jumped to the other team.
F ratings and support for anyone pro 2A running against them.

Cause no one finds you believable or credible.

Your strategy to repeat the same fake news dominates these type of threads every so often fails when members start to remember you and your tactics. You should be tagged so we don't waste time responding to your posts.

We all think you should go to progressive, anti-2A forums where you will be appreciated.

Read the original post if you want to be taken seriously. You match your avatar perfectly.

Curious, how many people here have written to the NRA, stating dissatisfaction of the NRA's position on this matter?

The NRAs teeth come from its member count. - Not renewing may send a message, but it will not be a clear message. Sending emails or calling the NRA, stating that we do not back the decision and will be re-evaluation my member status; may help more.

With that said:

The politicians have not heard of bump stocks until this event happened. The perception that the law makers have is these are brand new, turn a semi automatic weapon into fully automatic, and can effectively kill people. This event turned a gimick, a POS novalty, into something that "appears" to be a better killing machine that has no regulation.

If you expect law makers to do research - you expect too much.
If you think that if the NRA came out and said - "there is nothing wrong with these things", then the issue will go away - you are out of touch with reality.
If you think that we will be in a better position nationally without the NRA doing its thing, then i am open to hear what you think we can do differently that will be more effective. If you have a better avenue that's realistic and can reduce or eliminate federal regulations - im all in.

Do i have a defeatist attitude to what i expect from law makers - yup, i currently live in mass.
Last edited by Noreaster78; 10-10-2017 at*03:27 PM.*Reason:*Fixed incomplete though.

T there, I helped you complete your incomplete thoughT. [wink]

I like VT's CCW arrangement. Constitutional Carry (CC)! Now that NH has CC, all of Northern New England (ME, NH, VT) has CC.

GOAL News
Official News of Gun Owners’ Action League

Statement On MA State Senate Bump Stock Vote

GOAL thanks Massachusetts Senators Tarr, Moore, Rodrigues, and other members of the senate for taking on “runaway train” house amendment in senate budget bill.

October 13, 2017

Yesterday, the Massachusetts State Senate voted 38-0 in favor of their revision to an amendment to ban bump stocks and trigger cranks that was part of the House version of the budget bill, H.3951.

The amendment, passed by the House nearly unanimously the day before, would have made drastic change to MA gun laws, in that it would have banned trigger cranks, bump stocks, and any other modification of a firearm, including installation of match-grade triggers, or even a simple modification like smoothing out the action of a pump-action shotgun. It would have also granted unbridled regulatory authority to the Commonwealth over all firearms maintenance, enhancements, and modifications.

The Senate version is much clearer in definition and provides a pathway to legal ownership, a drastic improvement over the House version. The Senate version provides clear definition of these items and defines a “Bump Stock” as a device for a semi-automatic firearm that increases the rate of fire achievable with such firearm by using energy from the recoil of the firearm to generate a reciprocating action that facilitates repeated activation of the trigger. A “Trigger Crank” is defined as any device to be attached to a semi-automatic firearm that repeatedly activates the trigger of the firearm through the use of a lever or other part that is turned in a circular motion, but does not include any firearm initially designed and manufactured to fire through the use of a crank or lever.

Having been passed in the Senate, this proposal will move to a conference committee. This is far from over and the final version of this amendment is yet to be determined before heading to Governor Baker’s desk. GOAL will notify our members as soon as we know whom the conferees are, at that time we will release an action alert. Stay tuned to www.goal.org and your email inbox for further updates on this bill.

While GOAL did not and does not support any legislative action on these products, we must recognize the hard work of Senator Bruce Tarr, Senator Michael Moore, Senator Michael Rodrigues and other members of the senate. They worked tirelessly yesterday to mitigate the damage that the House amendment would do and Governor Baker promised to sign.

Additionally, GOAL has received word from the State House that the Joint Committee on Public Safety has scheduled a public hearing for Monday, October 16, 2017 on bump stock legislation. After the theatrics of the last few days, this is a curious development as the hearing process is now moot. Regardless, as soon as we have hearing details and see which specific bills are included, we will notify our membership.

Finally, we would like to thank our members for the continued support. This last week has been extremely challenging as we have faced a legislature activated by emotion.

And let's especially thank jbk and rsj, and the other trolls, for keeping the MA legislature from banning accessories that work on semi automatic and specifically define the ban on bump stocks. Oh wait, they didn't do anything but whine and complain about the NRA while GOAL, the NRA chapter in MA, showed up and did the work.

A pathway to legal/controlled capitulation lead by the NRA

Another strategic surrrender in Mass

Problem, reaction, solution. Lone gunman shoots people, NRA suggests gun control, commie gov passes gun control. Said Gun control, NRA goes whoa whoa whoa, people fund and defend NRA. Repeat.

the house bans them outright and the senate classifies them as a machine gun with a penalty of 15(?) to life for not registering and you and the nra call that a success?

now your brave gov romney wanna be has said he will sign it

where are the mass gun owners opposing/protesting this?

nothing but silence

truly another boston strong moment

Notice that rsj and jbk (if they are in fact different people) never say how they could have stopped the majority, veto proof, anti-2A democrat MA legislature from restricting bump stocks. Go ahead and give us your brilliant strategy......

If left to their "no compromise" strategy (which means no involvement or intervention) all semi-automatic accessories would have been banned by MA.

They interpret intervention by GOAL or the NRA to be "compromise". But thanks to GOAL's influence, bump stocks were clearly defined and all accessories were not banned.

jbk and rjs have no real strategy except to divide gun owners from working together.

Notice that rsj and jbk (if they are in fact different people) never say how they could have stopped the majority, veto proof, anti-2A democrat MA legislature from restricting bump stocks. Go ahead and give us your brilliant strategy......

If left to their "no compromise" strategy (which means no involvement or intervention) all semi-automatic accessories would have been banned by MA.

They interpret intervention by GOAL or the NRA to be "compromise". But thanks to GOAL's influence, bump stocks were clearly defined and all accessories were not banned.

jbk and rjs have no real strategy except to divide gun owners from working together.

Notice this clown always neglects to mention the NRA came out in the news asking the ATF to reclassify bump stocks as machine guns before any lib groups even got their press statements out on the device?

I promise to get a real gun rights group together who will do away with all gun control laws in the commiewealth once I have about $10 million together in donations. We will need ongoing injections of $10 mil at least once a year though.

Notice this clown always neglects to mention the NRA came out in the news asking the ATF to reclassify bump stocks as machine guns before any lib groups even got their press statements out on the device?

I promise to get a real gun rights group together who will do away with all gun control laws in the commiewealth once I have about $10 million together in donations. We will need ongoing injections of $10 mil at least once a year though.

Is that actually what they said?
I don't think so.

Is that actually what they said?
I don't think so.

Hey are you gonna believe the facts or what rsj tells you to believe?

We all see that rsj and jbk have no honesty or solutions. When it comes to gun owners best interests they are fakes. The real question - are they the same person or even gun owners?

I like VT's CCW arrangement. Constitutional Carry (CC)! Now that NH has CC, all of Northern New England (ME, NH, VT) has CC.

30 years ago, VT was the ONLY state that didn't require a CCW permit. Now there's somewhere around 11 to 13 states (one is disputed/vague, one is resident only) that do not require CCW permits to carry. Sometimes I wish VT issued optional permits (though notquiring them), as getting non-resident permits can be a royal PITA.

Now, as to the NRA, let me point out a few things here.

1. They aren't perfect, nobody is. Yeas, they make mistakes, sometimes real stupid ones. Sometimes they even do things that royally irritate me. Like throw AK, SKS and FAL owners under the bus.

2. IF you happen to live in Mass, first off, I'll make the obvious suggestion to move. Second, support GOAL first. Yes, the NRA has pretty much written Mass off, but let me tell you, your fellow gun owners in Mass beat them to the punch. Not much sense waging an unwinnable war against the Mass legislature.

3. Nothing says you can only join 1 pro-2A organization. Even when the NRA royally irritated me (cleaned that up), I was a member of GOA and JPFO.

So yeah, sometimes the NRA hasn't worked for us, but sometimes they have. And, I don't see or hear the foam-at-the-mouth libtards crying how they'll fight GOA, JPFO or GOAL. Nope, the only one they fear is the NRA. So, maybe we want to put some of our money there?

Look, some folks can, some folks can't. I don't worry about the ones that can't. The ones that can, but won't are a whole different story.

And, maybe, just maybe some of you might consider putting some skin in the fight, instead of crying about throwing money at it, but doing nothing.

I do both, and challenge you to do both. That means much more than just paying dues somewhere and writing a letter or two.

By the way, I'm not just an NRA Life member, I took the endowment option, almost went Patron. You?

Last edited:
Here is what I would have said if I was president of the NRA after Vegas.

We are deeply saddened by the events in Vegas.
Our hearts and prayers go out to everyone involved.
I encourage all our citizens to help one another in this trying time.
God bless America and our citizens everywhere!

I would not have said another word as it is about a time of healing.
Now is not the time for a discussion about a material object.
It is but a time for mourning the dead and caring for our injured and not about publicity for a psychopathic murderer!

I would have also put my money where my mouth is and made a substantial donation to help those poor victims of such a senseless act!
What better way to bring pride in your members than knowing your helping your fellow Americans in such a devastating time!

Make the NRA about what it really is about. Helping Americans keep their rights and truly caring about all our citizens!

Last edited:
Here is what I would have said if I was president of the NRA after Vegas.

We are deeply saddened by the events in Vegas.
Our hearts and prayers go out to everyone involved.
I encourage all our citizens to help one another in this trying time.
God bless America and our citizens everywhere!

I would not have said another word as it is about a time of healing.
Now is not the time for a discussion about a material object.
It is but a time for mourning the dead and caring for our injured and not about publicity for a psychopathic murderer!

I would have also put my money where my mouth is and made a substantial donation to help those poor victims of such a senseless act!
What better way to bring pride in your members than knowing your helping your fellow Americans in such a devastating time!

Make the NRA about what it really is about. Helping Americans keep their rights and truly caring about all our citizens!

Agreed. It is sad these tragedies are used to push agendas, and it doesn't do the victims or anyone justice to respond with knee jerk reactions. We must keep a sound mind through all this.

The NRA does not represent my interests as a gun owner, and is an extension of the bad side of government.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom