• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The NRA: A modest proposal (no /s)

According to the member website FAQ, you can decrease the amount of spam snail mail you get from the NRA, by getting put on a 'Do Not Promote' mailing list.

One does this by sending mail to [email protected] (I'd put 'Do not Promote' in the subject), one presumes from the email address you registered with.

Since this would have the effect of decreasing the amount of money paid to A-M and other marketers who spam us with nonsense, it may have a good effect and send an appropriate message. (I'm hopeful it would decrease the increasingly histrionic letters from Cox too, but I sort of doubt that.)

I took the opportunity to express my displeasure with the current situation and leadership.

I also decided to drop GOA (not goal) a donation, who will from now on receive my 'annoyance allowance' that I send out every time another leftist decides it's a good idea to make a serious attempt to come after a fundamental freedom.

Decreasing the amount of money they have at their disposal for sending out begging letters wmeans only you're increasing the amount of money Wayne gets to spend on himself or some bullshit that doesn't benefit the membership. They've jumped the shark. Several times over.

Also switched to the GOA.

Hoping the nra is getting the me$$age from the many dissatisfied and changes course. But it doesn't look good with the Wayne vs Ollie games. Bloomburn is pleased no doubt.

According to the member website FAQ, you can decrease the amount of spam snail mail you get from the NRA, by getting put on a 'Do Not Promote' mailing list.

One does this by sending mail to [email protected] (I'd put 'Do not Promote' in the subject), one presumes from the email address you registered with.

Since this would have the effect of decreasing the amount of money paid to A-M and other marketers who spam us with nonsense, ....

Thanks for the PSA I will look in to it
But, don’t you have a spam account ? An eMail address that acts like a Dead Letter Bin for use with those 1-time, I never want to see mail from them type “mandatory registration” web sites or mall WiFi log ins etc?

You can’t stop Spam but you can send it to the dead letter bin.

But, don’t you have a spam account ? An eMail address that acts like a Dead Letter Bin for use with those 1-time, I never want to see mail from them type “mandatory registration” web sites or mall WiFi log ins etc?

I have one account I give to most companies, but I find I do wind up keeping it "read" on my cell phone since I do want to see some information (at least, swiped over).

The point here, however, isn't primarily to decrease spam, right?

Back
Top Bottom