The new SW22 Victory is amazing!

I've had this pistol for about a month now. Besides being very accurate and fun to shoot, it has some great features at a great price point. It features fiber optic front and rear sights and an adjustable trigger (like the after market Volquartsen triggers) and has a factory 3lb pull. As you can see its extremely easy to disassemble and clean. Took me about 5 mins to disassemble, clean, lube and reassemble. One bolt takes down the whole pistol. I would put this right up there with my Ruger Mark III's and my Buckmark. If not even better. Great pistol. I have about 500 rounds through it and haven't had one issue besides the slide not locking back after the last round. That was with Remington Golden bullet. Federal and CCI mini mag ran like a dream. The targets shown were at 25 feet. uploadfromtaptalk1459958081503.jpguploadfromtaptalk1459958098002.jpguploadfromtaptalk1459958111408.jpguploadfromtaptalk1459958123769.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Glad you are enjoying it. They get great reviews.. Do you plan on running an optic ?

does it come with a bucket of extra screws and loctite?
the rest of the gun looks cool but sorry but the takedown system is an awful idea.

I like the look of this gun and probably would have bought one if I didn't already have a beautiful High Standard Supermatic Trophy model and two Browning Buckmarks. I do think that S&W would have been better off adopting the tried and true High Standard take down design. This design was pioneered by Colt in their Woodsman pistol and has a history of over 60 years of success.

PS both the HS Supermatic and the Buckmark use variations of this design.
PPS All of my S&W purchases are now made with the realization that S&W CS is not what it used to be.

I'm not going to run an optic. I have a Ruger 22/45 with one. This is just staying bone stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Now that you have had the SW22 for a while, are you still happy with it?

Right now its the highest on my 22 target want list. 2 others in high consideration for me are the Buck Mark and new Ruger Mark IV. I put @100+ rounds thru the Buck Mark yesterday and found it to be a very nice shooter.

I like it. But it's time to let it go soon!. I'm liking the new Ruger Mark IV

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I was just thinking, when I saw this post resurrected, the ruger mk iv just over shadowed this s&w .22.

Keep the Smith, put it in the back of the safe. It's a low budget gun so you won't get anything for it really. Then you'll have 2 nice .22's to play with.

I was just thinking, when I saw this post resurrected, the ruger mk iv just over shadowed this s&w .22.

Keep the Smith, put it in the back of the safe. It's a low budget gun so you won't get anything for it really. Then you'll have 2 nice .22's to play with.

yes and the ruger MKIII and MKIV aren't held together by a single steel screw. i still cannot believe S&W built the victory to hold upper to lower by one screw that backs out each time or needs to be cleaned/loctited after every disassembly. what a shit design.

yes there are many reports of S&W victory owners that after the first 100 or so rounds the upper was wobbling around due to screw loosening. there's a reason why handguns almost never use screws to hold themselves together.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes there are many reports of S&W victory owners that after the first 100 or so rounds the upper was wobbling around due to screw loosening. there's a reason why handguns almost never use screws to hold themselves together.

Happened to mine a few times. Clean it and use a little blue loctite. It works.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom