• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The new saiga's are here

With the new import of the russian/izhmash saiga being finally here did any get one yet??

The saiga in 308win and in .223rem are awesome accurate shooters.

saigas

Hay bill is that Saiga a semi-auto?? i have seen somthing like that in a 410 Ga
shotgun is this the same thing in center fire?? i have two O/U Ruski,s a 12&20
gage verry rugged guns and good value$$$ i am waiting for one of the new
side by side,s in 45-70 its been on order at Kittery Tradeing post since
Jan-2005 and thay are in the Remington 2005 catalog under the name
Sparten/Remington,

Take Care S/D

new saigas??? where??? before the company sold out i bought 1 of each saiga...223, .308, .308 with wood furniture, 20 and 12 gauge...i had no use for the 7.62x39 due to the number of sks's i own, and im not a fan of .410

sheriff dudley said:
... i am waiting for one of the new
side by side,s in 45-70 its been on order at Kittery Tradeing post since
Jan-2005 and thay are in the Remington 2005 catalog under the name
Sparten/Remington,

Take Care S/D
Don't hold yer breath. Remington has been "working" on importing these for a couple of years now. The suggested list price has gone up by 40%, and still no SxS double rifles. The Spartan website is gone missing and Remington is mumbling something about quality control issues. The Canadians have been buying these from Baikal all along. The Baikals that I've seen, since the 70's, are rough as a cactus patch outside, but very nicely finished inside, where it counts. You usually have to break the action over your knee for the first couple hundred shots to break it in, then no problem.
The double 45-70 has been on my short list for a long time. Still hoping!

4570SxS

You are right about the not to distant future, i got a call today from K.T.P.
and thay said "your order for the Double Rifle is slill on file but delivery is
not expected untill the fall of 2006" i said OK keep it on file,!! i just want to
see one if thay ever do come in! then i can decide if its worth whatever
thay are going to ask myself and my buddy are suposed to get the first
two that come in, we have no cash tied up so i can wait

Take Care S/D

MrsWildweasel said:
I have the Saiga in 7.62x39. I love mine.

If you love your saiga in 7,62x39 russian I'm sure you would like the saiga's in .223 rem. and in 308win. too. The little 16" barreled 308win. saiga is a hoot to shoot too. I'm sure we can never have too many saiga's.

On another forum someone was thinking of converting a 410 saiga semiauto shotgun to a 45/70 GOV. Good idea but an aweful lot of work.

Double SXS 45/70 rifle thats awesome so how much???

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom