• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The New Ruger 19

The new Ruger Security-9 is a compact pistol much like the Glock 19 and the new Smith and Wesson M&P 2.0 compact. The interesting part of this new pistol is it's price point, with an msrp of $379 and a street price of $285, this is in the same ball park of an S&W SD9VE. If it becomes MA compliant I can see them selling a few of these. The magazines in this pistol also fits their new PC Carbine which would make the two a nice pair.

Ruger® Security-9® * Centerfire Pistol Models

Last edited:
I hate when companies re-use names. At first it was just S&W with the M&P and Bodyguards that irked me. I'd see in the classifieds "WTS/WTT S&W M&P" and click the link hoping to see a pre Model 10, only to find whatever that thing is they're selling now.
Then I started hearing about Scorpions, and that hot little Czech SMG would flash in my mind, only to have reality show me some run of the mill pistol.
Now Ruger is using "Security" and harkening me back to days gone by and the "6 Series" of revolvers that I always had a soft spot for, only to find another pistol that looks like every other pistol on the market.
I'm going to pop a blood vessel if some clown company names an AR pistol as the Peacemaker.

Hickok just did a review and bought one for himself because they are under 300

Im skeptical ill like the trigger

This one might sell pretty well as a price point g19. I might recommend to my daughter who is getting her CC in South Carolina.

Yes. Same trigger system as the LCP2.
Lot of positive reviews on this gun at its price point.

Size, weight, dimensions are all G19 except the firing system.

Friend of mine got one. I got to put a few rounds thought it. It was nice. Nothing I would personally buy. But for the price it was decent and and ran well.

Not on list yet I don't think....which doesn't matter....

I'd say they will be at some point as they make a ten round model and ruger tends to get most stuff listed.

I'd say they will be at some point as they make a ten round model and ruger tends to get most stuff listed.
If they got the lcp or lcp 2 listed they’d sell a boat load here. Always wondered why they haven’t. I’ve not touched one but from what I hear it’s a lot better than the bodyguard which is one of the only on list options.

I know the list doesn’t matter but it would be nice to walk into any shop and pick up a 1st gen for like 225 and have an lcp live in my pocket all the time.

I have always guessed that the LCP wouldn’t pass the MA testing process, maybe not drop safe enough or something.

The S&W Bodyguard 380 is basically the same gun though and is MA available.

Does it come with the return label so you can send it back when it breaks or is recalled?

At that price it would be a good trow down....er, eh..back up for cops.

Back
Top Bottom