The New Reloading Component/Equipment Trading Thread - Please read the first post

Sturbridge area

1k CCI #41 SRP
2K CCI #34 LRP
BNIB LE Wilson Brass case guage 308

Looking for Varget and IMR 8208XBR
Primers I’m looking to trade for Large rifle or benchrest small rifle.

Last edited:

Have:
Dies with original case:
RCBS 14601 FL 30/30 WCF​
RCBS 11401 FL 243 Win​
RCBS 10601 FL 22/250​
RCBS 18606 3-die 44 Mag SWC (w/ 30-40 44 mag cases)​

Lyman 450 sizer die 429 with 241 top punch (in an original Lyman tube)

Ideal 429-244 single cavity mold with handles

9mm mixed - decapped and cleaned in utrasonic cleaner - ~33lbs
45 ACP mixed - decapped and cleaned in utrasonic cleaner - ~20lbs
308 Win once fired (sorted, three headstamps) fully processed - 25+ lbs
308 Win once fired (Aguila) fully processed - 163 rnds
40 S&W - decapped - 3/4 of 3.5 lb coffee container
380 ACP - decapped - 1/2 of 3.5 lb coffee container

Trade for:
Powder: H335, HP38/Win231, AutoComp, Trail Boss, CFE Pistol, Universal​
Primers: Small Pistol​
Bullets: 9mm​
Lead​
Are you selling any 380 or 9mm brass?
Hodgdon universal powder?

I have some rifle brass that I'd like to trade for different brass. All once fired

~145 .30-06 This the the HXP headstamp stuff from CMP. Once fired out of a Garand.

~200 .30-30 Again, once fired from a Winchester '94

What I'd like to get in return in 9mm and/or .308 win brass.
I have a lot off 9mm brass will trade you for your 30-30 brass

Are you selling any 380 or 9mm brass?
Hodgdon universal powder?
I need to update that list

380 was on the shelf too long* and I bought a gun to shoot it (forgive me, I had a weak moment when a 380EZ performance center ended up in my hand while I had cash in my pocket)
9mm - I've started shooting it more but still could part with some. PM me if you are hurting for some.

* I know 380 is gayer than a pink Glock but I just checked and I got rid of the 40 before I turned into a liberal tranny [smile]

I’m looking for 1-2 pounds of H110 or W296 powder. Can trade large pistol primers and MAYBE small pistol primers....

@andrew1220 sorry, I'm already well into the 296 that I have. I thought I hadn't opened it yet but I'm at least a 1/3 through it. :confused:
No biggie! I did an inventory and some calculations with the number of bullets I have and the pounds of powder I have. I should be good.
Now I’d just like to grab 300 cases of 30 carbine to finish off the rest of the 30 carbine bullets I have left.

I need to update that list

380 was on the shelf too long* and I bought a gun to shoot it (forgive me, I had a weak moment when a 380EZ performance center ended up in my hand while I had cash in my pocket)
9mm - I've started shooting it more but still could part with some. PM me if you are hurting for some.

* I know 380 is gayer than a pink Glock but I just checked and I got rid of the 40 before I turned into a liberal tranny [smile]
I love my 380EZ! Pink Glock is way gayer ;)
How much would you sell 9mm for? (whatever you could spare). I did just get my 1st big girl gun

Powders for your MAGNUM rifle:

IMR 7828: 5x 1-lb jugs, factory-sealed
Hodgdon Hybrid 100V Smokeless Powder 3x 1-lb jugs, factory-sealed

Will trade for equal weight of Varget, Benchmark, IMR4895, IMR4064, IMR3031, Win231/HP38, PowerPistol, or H110/Win296, or FFF, or primers.
ETA: will trade 3 of mine for 2 of yours. [grin]
How about for a factor sealed 8 lb container of N665?

I did misunderstand. I thought I could ship it UPS as long as I paid for the hazardous shipping. However I am just one of those uneducated, ignorant rednecks from Alabama, Roll Tide!!!

You misunderstand.

It must be shipped FedEx or UPS, AND it must have a hazmat label.

No. Shipping hazmat material is FAR more than a label. The shipper must be hazmat trained, and the shipper must have an active hazmat contract with UPS or FedEx.

The fines are tens of thousands of dollars. They are not messing around.

Ok. I'm a retired FF with hazmat certification. I don't even care about that myself. I just want to ship my powder to whomever I strike a deal with. My uncle has an FFL and deals in guns, ammo ect. Without me having to call him and ask. Shouldn't I be able to get it picked up and shipped thru him?

Ok. I'm a retired FF with hazmat certification. I don't even care about that myself. I just want to ship my powder to whomever I strike a deal with. My uncle has an FFL and deals in guns, ammo ect. Without me having to call him and ask. Shouldn't I be able to get it picked up and shipped thru him?
No. FFLs don't have special permission to ship hazmat. Unless your uncle specifically went out and got it. Which I would guess is very unlikely. As an FFL, he wouldn't really need it unless majority of his business is internet based with shipping powder/primers.
The distributors that he purchases from have the permits required as they are the ones shipping.

Its painful.
They'll want a series of numbers.
One is what the hazmat code is, I forget what gun/black powder falls under.
The other is the hazmat packers number. Yes, a packers number.
I tried shipping powder and primers a few months back, Fed Ex was the only one local that would do it. I had to set myself up as a hazmat shipper and provide some kind of cert #.
I even tried using the same, unopened box and getting a different ship-to label.
It was more trouble than it was worth, especially in this armpit of a state.

There may or may not be a list of certified haz-mat packers on u.p.s./fed-ex/u.s.p.s. websites.
If not, you'll have to google it.

You're best bet is to sell or trade local to you

No. Shipping hazmat material is FAR more than a label. The shipper must be hazmat trained, and the shipper must have an active hazmat contract with UPS or FedEx.

You’re absolutely right, of course.

I conflated “sticker” with “pay hazmat fees (which gets you a sticker)”.

I assumed that part was understood.

You’re absolutely right, of course.

I conflated “sticker” with “pay hazmat fees (which gets you a sticker)”.

I assumed that part was understood.

Understood. My point was that you or I cannot pay extra money, get a sticker, and legally ship primers because we don't have the training or a hazmat contract.

I understand. Might you be able to recommend summers that I might be able to ship my powder if I happen to find it a new home. Yes lol, I got to use summers in my response.

Basically you can't do it as an individual unless you want to spend a lot of money and time getting the required permits. Or you can ship it illegally and pray you don't get caught. Either way not worth it, just trade it locally face to face. FFLs have no magical permissions to ship hazmat either. And NOTHING that goes bang can go via USPS. Not powder not ammo not primers not primed brass not even a firecracker!

This.
I was trained in dangerous goods/hazmat shipping at my previous job. We had to do annual training and use FedEx ship manager software to fill out declaration forms, labels etc. FedEx is VERY strict on packaging. I remember have a shipping label make contact with the class 9 label and they refused it saying that the class 9 must be completely visible edge to edge. Crazy.

It's fairly easy to do once you're trained and do it often. Of course I didn't have to foot the bill on shipping/training and any other fees to have a contract with FedEx

Last edited:
Basically you can't do it as an individual unless you want to spend a lot of money and time getting the required permits. Or you can ship it illegally and pray you don't get caught. Either way not worth it, just trade it locally face to face. FFLs have no magical permissions to ship hazmat either. And NOTHING that goes bang can go via USPS. Not powder not ammo not primers not primed brass not even a firecracker!
There's a few things in my life I've never been scared of. Worrying myself about lying to billion dollar corporations or getting caught turkey hunting across property lines.

Back
Top Bottom