THE NEW LOOK MEGA THREAD - all comments about the new version go here !

[rofl][rofl][laugh][laugh][laugh]

I just noticed on the Rep list the giver is listed whether or not they "signed" it [laugh]

The Grand NES Tradition of griping over "WHO NEG'D ME WITHOUT SIGNING?!" shall be laid to rest [shocked]

That was the thinking when I activated it.

I LOVE IT!!! let's see how brave and mouthy some of our keyboard kommando's are when they have to face up to their actions. +++++++++++++

The only feature I really miss at this point is being able to find the threads I've posted in with new posts. On the old version, I'd go to advanced search, type my username in the username box, and select show results as threads. This would give me a thread list sorted in order of most recent post with all the threads I'd posted in. It made checking who replied to me very easy. Is there a way to do this on the new software?

The only feature I really miss at this point is being able to find the threads I've posted in with new posts. On the old version, I'd go to advanced search, type my username in the username box, and select show results as threads. This would give me a thread list sorted in order of most recent post with all the threads I'd posted in. It made checking who replied to me very easy. Is there a way to do this on the new software?

Even easier, go to Settings on top right. That will show any of your subscribed posts with NEW replies in them.

click on your name over your avatar and 'view forum posts'.

That doesn't give any indication if there are new posts in the threads.

Even easier, go to Settings on top right. That will show any of your subscribed posts with NEW replies in them.
That will work if I change to subscribe to every thread I post in. I currently only use subscriptions for threads I want email notifications on. I'm going to try changing my default to subscribe to all and see how it does.

Anyway, the new search currently sucks. Hopefully we can eventually get back all of the search options we used to have.

This may have been covered but for some reason, i'm getting logged off every 10 minutes or thereabouts. Is there a way to stay logged on?

Clear your cookies.
This works. I had to clear all the cookies from every site in order for it to work for me. I tried doing it just for the northeastshooters.com ones and I would still keep getting logged out. After I cleared all data...no more log outs.

I do have one request/bitch. I would love if the View First Unread button could be moved back to it's original spot on the far left.

Pilgrim,

I tried this yesterday and it gave me a list of the posts, but when I clicked on one to go to it, it took me to the first post of the thread...not my own last post in the thread, from which I could 'pick up' the discussion.

Even when clicking on a thread with the little green arrow, it only takes me into the start of the thread, not to my last post. Finding my own last post in a thread can be really painful if it's a long thread.

Has it/or will it be changed to work more like the old board?

NEVER MIND....I just found the little blue arrow next to my ID that takes me to my last post in a given thread....EXCELLENT!

didn't think there was anything wrong with the previous version, but like everything online it cant be left alone and as soon as you get use to it being one way some web designer things everything would be better a different way and you get to spend the next week figuring everything out. there should be a law that with every update comes a manual.

there should be a law that with every update comes a manual.
[rofl] No software (or hardware) would ever get released under that standard...

Besides, I just looked at the bottom of the page and see that Derek brought this on himself:

"Powered by vBulletin™ Version 4.0.0" <- Nooooooo![shocked]

Never ever use version "X.0"... I can't believe you fell for that... [laugh]

didn't think there was anything wrong with the previous version, but like everything online it cant be left alone and as soon as you get use to it being one way some web designer things everything would be better a different way and you get to spend the next week figuring everything out. there should be a law that with every update comes a manual.

Like every product for sale, vbulletin has to keep up to date to be competitive. If it looks out of date, others might jump to a competitor that appears to be more with it. Admins running the product need to keep their software up to date in order to fix bugs and close security holes. With these updates comes the new looks. You'll get used to the new one, and we'll have a more robust place to hang out.

Here's your manual :)
http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/

And here's what you'll need after trying to use that manual:
RU487728.jpg

All I can say is Thank You to Derek and his Team, I'm sure this has been a lot of hard work for them. It is pretty much a full time job IMO. So Thank You. You won't here any whining from me.

Now where is that kissing a$$ icon. [wink]

Last edited:
All I can say is Thank You to Derek and his Team, I'm sure this has been a lot of hard work for them. It is pretty much a full time job IMO. So Thank You. You won't here any whining from me.

Now where is that kissing a$$ icon. [wink]

Actually Blitz, most of us use your avatar as the ass kissing icon.[smile]

Those spurts of rep points from the Boss really work for you huh? LOL[wink]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom