• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

THE NEW LOOK MEGA THREAD - all comments about the new version go here !

By now most people know you can click on "settings" to see the page that used to come up from clicking on the the old "user cp" icon. At the bottom of that page where it shows your rep points, you can now see the person's name who left them.[thumbsup]

If people are still running IE6...man...that browser should NOT be on the internet any longer. It is a HUGE security hole. Please, for the sake of all of us who keep our computers relatively up to date, please please upgrade and save yourself and us from the botnets...

Upgrades are wonderful, they (generally) make your computer more secure, and better! Upgrade please!!

Also - any corporate IT department that forces users into IE6 should be barred from ever working in the industry again.

By now most people know you can click on "settings" to see the page that used to come up from clicking on the the old "user cp" icon. At the bottom of that page where it shows your rep points, you can now see the person's name who left them.[thumbsup]

I didn't even notice that, awesome, thanks for pointing it out Ray.

If people are still running IE6...man...that browser should NOT be on the internet any longer. It is a HUGE security hole. Please, for the sake of all of us who keep our computers relatively up to date, please please upgrade and save yourself and us from the botnets...

Upgrades are wonderful, they (generally) make your computer more secure, and better! Upgrade please!!

Also - any corporate IT department that forces users into IE6 should be barred from ever working in the industry again.

The Upgrade to IE7 has certainly helped the formatting, plus the post Date/Time is now coming through. Now I'll see if my corporate software still works.

Excellent upgrades today! The slightly different shades in the posting boxes look much better, and getting rid of the blue and italics in the quoted sections makes a huge improvement! Thanks Derek, et al.

Excellent upgrades today! The slightly different shades in the posting boxes look much better, and getting rid of the blue and italics in the quoted sections makes a huge improvement! Thanks Derek, et al.

I agree. Thanks for the upgrades. Sooo much better!

Forum settings ? I clicked on mine to check it out and there was nothing at the bottom. I'm glad this thread was started so I can figure out how to work out the bugs on my end.

Forum settings ? I clicked on mine to check it out and there was nothing at the bottom. I'm glad this thread was started so I can figure out how to work out the bugs on my end.

Right next to the Log Out icon in the upper right hand corner is an icon labeled Settings. Clicking on that brings up a screen like the old User CP icon did.

I give Derek all the credit in the world for all of the work, and personal time that goes into this board. As far as the upgrade, I am not a fan, I don't like it at all. Whenever I try to come back, and give it a second chance, I inevitably end up logging off..

so all this change was a success!? juuuust kidding [smile]

I have a deep red bar with no visible date at the top of each post, only the post number shows in white at the right margin. Same result on two computers running IE 6 (compatibility issues with legacy programs). I'm not seeing any color settings, am I missing something?

ya i have the same issue at work, .Mil is still living in IE6 times so i just deal with it at work and it works fine with FF at home

I would like to point out that we now have spell check.

[banana][banana][banana]

[bow] Thank you Derek. [grin]

If you use firefox, the spell check is already built in! [wink]

Also, aren't the grin and smile emoticons reversed?

[smile] I've always considered that to be a grin.

.Mil is still living in IE6 times

Why does this not surprise me [frown] Maybe our new Tech Czar will bring them up to date [rolleyes]

I like the greys much better than the white text boxes, a little easier on the eyes. I also am diggin the new info box on usernames...I was constantly missing clicking on a thread title and clicking the username instead, which would navigate you away to the users page...now it just pops a box up, which is convenient.

Polls are a leeettle in your face..you open up a thread with a poll and BAM!! right there..I don't know if that can be reduced in size.

I'd make use of the coffee maker feature that people are raving about, but I don't drink coffee. If you could extend this feature to brew a nice cuppa, I'd be all over it. Thanks!

Why does this not surprise me [frown] Maybe our new Tech Czar will bring them up to date [rolleyes]

I like the greys much better than the white text boxes, a little easier on the eyes. I also am diggin the new info box on usernames...I was constantly missing clicking on a thread title and clicking the username instead, which would navigate you away to the users page...now it just pops a box up, which is convenient.

Polls are a leeettle in your face..you open up a thread with a poll and BAM!! right there..I don't know if that can be reduced in size.

I'd make use of the coffee maker feature that people are raving about, but I don't drink coffee. If you could extend this feature to brew a nice cuppa, I'd be all over it. Thanks!

I'm going to work on the polls too. You're right it's like being punched when you click on a poll thread.

Everyday I come back and its looking better - the new color scheme has helped make everything easier to read again imo.

ya i have the same issue at work, .Mil is still living in IE6 times so i just deal with it at work and it works fine with FF at home

I have the same problem at work - and there's nothing I can do to change it. Home is peachy and everything looks awesome, but I'm running 7 at home. Ah well......

So far I like the new look. The only thing thats taking me a while to get used to is the "new post" hot thread/cold thread icons. I keep thinking threads with the red icons are ones that have new posts since i last visited. I don't really look at the envelope to see whether it is open or not since its a little hard to read sometimes.

So far I like the new look. The only thing thats taking me a while to get used to is the "new post" hot thread/cold thread icons. I keep thinking threads with the red icons are ones that have new posts since i last visited. I don't really look at the envelope to see whether it is open or not since its a little hard to read sometimes.

Actually, I think if it made the icons larger as well as brighter, it would be easier to discern.

Also, it is tougher to tell the difference between just typed text and a link. USUALLY, a link is in bright blue (or some other differentiating color), and underlined. Right now, it is not.

Here is an example: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...88172-Coyote?p=1252082&viewfull=1#post1252082 I only noticed the "not uncommon" was a link purely by accident, when I hovered over it.

Hope this helps, and thanks for all your hard work Derek.

Last edited:
It seems to me the "UserCP" AKA "Settings" page used to display the name of the person making the most recent post in a subscribed thread. Not the end of the world I suppose.

On a MUCH more useful note, can you find the CSS to change the color of inline links in a post? They now sort of blend in.

Instead of: http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/
Something like this: http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/

There were dishes in my sink when I went to bed and they were still there when I woke up this morning. Can you fix that please?

Back
Top Bottom