• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

THE NEW LOOK MEGA THREAD - all comments about the new version go here !

Anyone else get a kick out of the deputy sheriff badge that is the icon for Rep Points? (^_^)

I have to say the site is getting better with every improvement Derek has made since the upgrade. I am sure it will be great when it is finished. But this whole "rep" thing is the dumbest thing I have seen on ANY board I have ever been a member of. I have been involved with a ton of different boards and there is nothing good I can say about it. Basically you can have people give random/anonymous rep points. WTF is that about. You end up with gutless losers posting something negative because they are too much of a pussy to say it to you directly. And like anybody cares how many rep points someone gets...lose that stupid system and concentrate on the good aspects of the board...REALLY.

I have to say the site is getting better with every improvement Derek has made since the upgrade. I am sure it will be great when it is finished. But this whole "rep" thing is the dumbest thing I have seen on ANY board I have ever been a member of. I have been involved with a ton of different boards and there is nothing good I can say about it. Basically you can have people give random/anonymous rep points. WTF is that about. You end up with gutless losers posting something negative because they are too much of a pussy to say it to you directly. And like anybody cares how many rep points someone gets...lose that stupid system and concentrate on the good aspects of the board...REALLY.

Lets not turn this into a "b*tch and moan about rep points" thread..we seem to have enough of those. Don't like em? Don't give em or read em.

The little tweaks on the site are looking nice. I'm still thinking the thread headlines are way too in your face, and the banner section above is kinda disconnected from the rest of the page..other than that, looking good. Keep up the rockin' work!

Lets not turn this into a "b*tch and moan about rep points" thread..we seem to have enough of those. Don't like em? Don't give em or read em.

People are talking about good and bad points of the board. I am pointing out a bad point...looks like I am not the only one...why keep a crappy feature when it causes so many problems here?

BTW...I REALLY like the main page setup but am not super thrilled about the thread envelope displays in each sub-category. Anyone else think the same? The main page is looking really good now.

Last edited:
I still wish I could get the max post/page up to 40... I have it set that way but it still only shows 20/page. Anyone else notice this?

the navigation seems fine with my BB storm. I'm using opera mini beta 2. I haven't tried it using the default browser. The default one sucks anyway so I reccomend installing opera mini 4.2 or bolt for those people with physical keyboard BB`s. And yes I just typed this on my BB.

[rolleyes]

Rep points added [laugh]

Rep points negated. [laugh]

The little tweaks on the site are looking nice. I'm still thinking the thread headlines are way too in your face, and the banner section above is kinda disconnected from the rest of the page..other than that, looking good. Keep up the rockin' work!

Reps for You. [smile]

The "Home" page looks really weird. I don't like it. The right side of the page has the recent posts, I think, they have a very narrow margin and go all the way down the page. Very hard to read.

I still wish I could get the max post/page up to 40... I have it set that way but it still only shows 20/page. Anyone else notice this?

im sure if you wait until Derek is done tweaking, things will work fine. its been a day and a half since the upgrade and everyone is losing their minds. have some patience!

It will take some time to get used to but looks good. I did notice that when the site does not work as well when browsing from my phone.

It didn't.

When you login on the top right of the page did you click the "check box" to remember you? For me, this "check box" was hidden in the banner advertisement because the layout was a little off. Hope you can get it to work... I hate logging in all the time.

Con someone please tell me why the page is displaying funny? My browser is Mosaic v2.0A8 and my screen resolution is 640 x 480. I think the new site might be too much for my 386SX PC. Any chance you'll make it Lynx compatible?

In all seriousness, there ARE certain backwards compatible considerations:

Web Accessibility

go to my profile and click the about me tab, scroll down. There's even more info than you had before.

What's a referral?

Martlet, clear all personal data, not just cookies. Then close Firefox and restart it. Log back in and see if that works. That's what it took for me to be able to log in and stay logged in.

BTW, the forum burned my toast this morning!

When you login on the top right of the page did you click the "check box" to remember you? For me, this "check box" was hidden in the banner advertisement because the layout was a little off. Hope you can get it to work... I hate logging in all the time.

This happens to me too sometimes (Depending on which computer I'm using). Also the line with the 'welcome name, Notifications, Profile, settings, etc' line is partially hidden sometimes.

You can duplicate this effect by narrowing the browser from the left watching that text as you do it.

I'd suggest moving the banner down a bit to create some blank space for that text so it can be seen even on a narrow screen, or limiting the amount the browser window can be sized.

I just checked and it's getting better... so Derek is on the right track.

Back
Top Bottom