THE NEW LOOK MEGA THREAD - all comments about the new version go here !

First, there's a thread for people to whine about the upgrade already. Second, the update was installed YESTERDAY, so try and be a little patient until Derek gets around to tweaking all the details and features that have changed from the old version. He has a day job, and this isn't it.

Obviously you have never seen someone go into full blown hyper-schnivel !!

My above post was a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way from 'whining'

Alot more of an inquiry vs whining wise guy.

Yes i am sure the site / admin - owners have their hands full and their efforts are much appreciated by me.

Being new to the site puts me at alittle disadvantage to my navigational skills / finding threads etc etc.

Thanks for the reply just the same.

Do you want alittle cheese to go with your whine ?

Take as many as you need.

Blue%20Polka%20Dot%20Tissue%20Box.jpg

Obviously you have never seen someone go into full blown hyper-schnivel !!

My above post was a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way from 'whining'

Alot more of an inquiry vs whining wise guy.

Yes i am sure the site / admin - owners have their hands full and their efforts are much appreciated by me.

Being new to the site puts me at alittle disadvantage to my navigational skills / finding threads etc etc.

Thanks for the reply just the same.

Do you want alittle cheese to go with your whine ?

it's all good man - we're just funin' yas! [cheers]

Is there a way to setup the site to be NVG compatible? Sometimes I like to browse the forum at night and I want to maintain light discipline.

Yeah, that'd be great! That way, the drone from the AG's office who watches my house at night could surf NES and see what I post at the same time! What a savings for the taxpayer!!

[rofl]

The only issue I have is the site won't keep me logged in. It's such a pain to keep having to reenter my UN and PW.

Opera Version 10.10

Other then that no issues. [thumbsup]

Like the new colors on the links. More readable.

+1 The new colors are a LOT better. Thanks Derek! It's actually kinda cool to watch everything change real time. Everytime I revisit NES throughout the day something has been improved.

Try clearing your cookies - that seems to have helped others. Oh, and click the "Remeber me " box under the log in.
I have tried both. The "Remember me " box is a given. Maybe I didn't clear out the correct cookies. IDK, it's frustrating. I'll be reading a thread and at some random time I'll find I am logged out. It's so odd.

Maybe I'll go back to Firefox...Fix the bigger issues first (not that I know what those are). I've had to set up and maintain vBulletin forums in the past and I know what a pain in the ass it is. It's hard sometimes just finding where the settings for something are. I'm just happy that nothing was lost. The archives were preserved and that is the most important thing. Color and style is just eye candy.

still havent explored all the new functions of the new layout, but the colors/contrasts are getting a tad easier to read/navigate. dont know what changed specifically, but its working.

So I'm checking in on my home computer (mac using safari as the browser) and all the little formatting glitches I was seeing on my work PC running IE are gone and everything looks great. And now that the splash of old color has been added, I'm really liking it a lot better. Thanks to all who are working on the upgrade :) +1

I like how every time I come back, there's something else that's been tweaked a little. It's very slowly getting better and better.

Thanks Derek, this is probably not the most fun you've had all year, but it is appreciated.

?????

I'm unsure where or how to log in at the login prompt before entering the new forum.

Interestingly enough it did allow me to view everything without logging in.

It wouldn't allow me to post though.

Debbie

I didn't read all 36 pages so if this is a dupe I apologize. If you go to northeastshooters.com then click "forums" you are taken to the "NORTHEASTSHOOTERS.COM NEWS" page then you have to click "forums" button again to be taken to the actual forum page. Just seems kinda repetitive.

Anyone else get a kick out of the deputy sheriff badge that is the icon for Rep Points? (^_^)

Seriously, the upgrade is getting better. But I reserve the right to bitch and complain because... well... I like to bitch and complain.

(gotta keep up practice somehow)

It probably wouldn't be half as bad if the colors were the same. The blue reminds me of a chick that wears way too much eye makeup. Looked good before but now you can't help but think WTF?

It's even the same color as the dots on that lame tissue box in post 336.

Any chance of setting up a mobile version of the site? If m.northeastshooters.com served up a stripped down version like on some other vbulletin forums I use, that would be awesome. The full site works ok on my phone, but a layout optimized for it would load much faster and be easier to use. Obviously priority for this is way below getting the regular forum squared away, but I'd love it eventually.

Back
Top Bottom