THE NEW LOOK MEGA THREAD - all comments about the new version go here !

Looking good so far. I am though getting the following error each time a page loads.
A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...der-dom-event/yuiloader-dom-event.js?v=400:12
I'm using Firefox 3.5.6 on sidux (linux) with xfce.

FYI, I do not get the error on my work computer this morning. It's a Windoze box with Firefox 3.5.6. Didn't check on the home box this morning to see if the error was still there.

Also, will this upgrade include an ignore thread feature?

do we have a feature in the old one like 'today's posts'? It doesnt seem to be working for me... I make a post and they dont show up in the top. Sorry if I am missing an obvious button.

do we have a feature in the old one like 'today's posts'? It doesnt seem to be working for me... I make a post and they dont show up in the top. Sorry if I am missing an obvious button.

"What's New?" in the light blue-grey bar should be what you're looking for.

I will be adding different "user selectable" color schemes in the near future so you can choose how you want NES to look. It just takes a little time, I apologize to everyone for the delay.

You're doing a great job Derek, thank you.

Well what do you expect... He completely wrecked their universes.... Gawd......[wink]

OMG!...Wait... you mean its gong to take time to get this whole thing figured out....

I am just going to drop to the floor kicking and screaming in a fit or rage.... someone come get me up when things are back to normal!!

[wink] ... Clearly Im having too much fun with peoples distress... Ill stop now....

[laugh][laugh2]

Please don't stop. [laugh]

I haven't read every post, so this may have already been mentioned, but there is one tiny thing that I did happen to notice. When I click on the "Favorites" tab on Internet Explorer, there is just a blank white square now next to the Northeastshooters.com link. There used to be a tiny icon there. Nothing major, just an observation. Other than that, I think the new format looks great and I appreciate all the hard work Derek is putting into the site!

I haven't read every post, so this may have already been mentioned, but there is one tiny thing that I did happen to notice. When I click on the "Favorites" tab on Internet Explorer, there is just a blank white square now next to the Northeastshooters.com link. There used to be a tiny icon there. Nothing major, just an observation. Other than that, I think the new format looks great and I appreciate all the hard work Derek is putting into the site!

I did mention this. I don't think Derek has reached that page in the nasa handbook (AKA Vbulletin user manual) he was given lol.

Is the NES site working correctly for everyone ? It's &%$@'ed up for me

Feedback has dissapeared for all members

When I click on my user name at the top, the 'statistics' tab no longer appears which allowed me to easily search any threads I started or posted in.

The sites Front page looks 100% more bush-league than previous

And a few other things .....

I have yet to reset cookies ( non cmptr whiz here )

Just curious what the masses are seeing online @ NES.

If it's still under construction .... I kinda understand. if it's supposed to be complete ..... something is very wrong.

First, there's a thread for people to whine about the upgrade already. Second, the update was installed YESTERDAY, so try and be a little patient until Derek gets around to tweaking all the details and features that have changed from the old version. He has a day job, and this isn't it.

I set my max posts to 40 but it only shows 20 still... not sure why. I find the size/color of the fonts a little more difficult than before-only on the thread listings... not the thread itself which I like better with the ballons.

First, there's a thread for people to whine about the upgrade already. Second, the update was installed YESTERDAY, so try and be a little patient until Derek gets around to tweaking all the details and features that have changed from the old version. He has a day job, and this isn't it.

No shit Stef - thanks again for that! +26 to you! [dance]

Breathe people - listen to Stef. If you think it's that easy, un-wad your panties and go build your own goddamned forum. Relax...it's just the internet...[cheers]

[laugh] Nice Stef. [smile]

Con someone please tell me why the page is displaying funny? My browser is Mosaic v2.0A8 and my screen resolution is 640 x 480. I think the new site might be too much for my 386SX PC. Any chance you'll make it Lynx compatible?

Is there a way to setup the site to be NVG compatible? Sometimes I like to browse the forum at night and I want to maintain light discipline.

Con someone please tell me why the page is displaying funny? My browser is Mosaic v2.0A8 and my screen resolution is 640 x 480. I think the new site might be too much for my 386SX PC. Any chance you'll make it Lynx compatible?

Yeah, this is BS - my Commodore 64 is all over the place....I'm going back to AR15.com....

Just a thought. Where did the itrader go?

Forum Upgrade
by
derek

on Yesterday at 11:49 AM (39 Views)

We are upgrading the forum software for Northeastshooters.com

I will be making modifications to the forum as I need to throughout the next few days. As of right now iTrader isn't compatible with vBulletin 4.0.
The feature will be disabled until the 4.0 update is complete. The data is still there it just won't show or work until the add-on has been
updated.

Thank you,
Derek

Updated Yesterday at 12:14 PM by derek

I think you 'll have to wait for the COBOL compatible version to be available.

the italics fonts in the quote balloons is rather hard to read.
This might help.

Coupons.jpg

Back
Top Bottom