• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The most unreliable gun you've shot

"Anything glock. Inaccurate, horrible triggers, overpriced."
-MagnumAl

?! Have you shot anything but airsoft

Sorry you feel that way about Glocks. I have 5 of them and you are right about the triggers, but after firing thousands of rounds through them, I wouldn't trust any other gun for a CCW. Right now they are overpriced in MA because of the 1998 law. Used Glocks have higher prices than new Glocks, and people selling NIB 3rd and 4th generation models are charging anywhere from $200 to $500 more than they cost in a free state.

Im new to this forum, but not to shooting. Reading through here, i see a lot of walther P22's

I can add that my P22 was the only gun I sold within a few months of owning. Looked cool, had to have it, when it first came out then became "MA Kosher", but bang jam bang jam... no thanks. and the trigger sucked too..

But my G27 has never ever failed to feed, stovepiped, or malfunctioned in any way. ever.

Amazing that none of you GLOCK owners have ever seen a malfunction. I was watching them choke right, left and center at the COMM2A fundraiser Steel Challenge Shoot.

Sorry, guys... there IS no perfect gun. Heck, even S&W revolvers malfunction once in a while. Rare, but it does happen.

I will hunker down and await the calls of "To the stake with the blasphemer!".

Last edited:
Amazing that none of you GLOCK owners have ever seen a malfunction. I was watching them choke right, left and center at the COMM2A fundraiser Steel Challenge Shoot. .

Not really a good metric of reliability since steel, as a venue, has a lot of people running a lot of modified, ****ed up guns, with ultra wimpy recoil springs, ultra wimpy firing pin springs, and other non standard parts that reduce the reliability of the pistol. Many of them probably caked with crud, too. (I remember running my G34 until it stopped, it took about 2700 rounds, and even then it still didn't stop most of the time). That's like me judging a 1911 based on how often they **** up during pin shoots. There are so many variants and mods/tweaks in play that it's not really fair to the platform. The 1911 epic fails and jams at pin shoots more often than all the other platforms combined, as a platform, but that doesn't necessarily mean that all 1911s are bad.

-Mike

Amazing that none of you GLOCK owners have ever seen a malfunction. I was watching them choke right, left and center at the COMM2A fundraiser Steel Challenge Shoot.

Sorry, guys... there IS no perfect gun. Heck, even S&W revolvers malfunction once in a while. Rare, but it does happen.

I will hunker down and await the calls of "To the stake with the blasphemer!".

I can honestly say none of my Glocks have ever failed beyond dud ammo.

G19/22/27/32/21

Not really a good metric of reliability since steel, as a venue, has a lot of people running a lot of modified, ****ed up guns, with ultra wimpy recoil springs, ultra wimpy firing pin springs, and other non standard parts that reduce the reliability of the pistol

*checks watch*

Hmm... almost an hour for the first fanboy to check in with a defense of his beloved Glock. You're slipping, Mike! What, were you actually working or something? [wink]

I am sure it's in here somewhere... Sig Sauer Mosquito .22lr. I don't know why it's still in the safe.
I tried polishing the feed ramp and every other thing that was available on the web to make it more reliable . That reminds me!

WTS 1 Black Sig Sauer Mosquito .22 lr

*checks watch*

Hmm... almost an hour for the first fanboy to check in with a defense of his beloved Glock. You're slipping, Mike! What, were you actually working or something? [wink]

I had a completely stock 1994 G19 that I lost count of how many thousands of rounds I sent through it. It malfunctioned once, shooting aluminum cased Blazer when the outside temps were in the single digits. As far as unreliable, any magazine other than the factory box on my Ruger 10/22.

As far as unreliable, any magazine other than the factory box on my Ruger 10/22.

Yup, I usually recommend that folks just buy the factory 10 round mags for their 10/22s. And although my ~30 year old 30 round Eagle "banana" magazine works flawlessly in my 10/22s, I keep hearing people saying that Eagle mags are unreliable. Couldn't prove it by me, though.

For me it would have to go to the desert eagle .50 action express, not sure if it was just the one I fired or if they are really that bad, but all I can say is damn, good luck with that POS in a personal defense situation.

I'm shocked.......I have a p22 that I never clean and have put thousands of rounds through with never the slightest problem. My Mother owns one and 2 of my friends have them as well. Not one issue we all love em.

AR-7, it fed every other round and fired every other of those........still have it sitting around somewhere.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom