The most unreliable gun you've shot

PTR-91, hands down. FTL, FTF, FTE - you name it, it was an issue. I loved the G3 when I shot it, but the PTR is a nice looking but non-functional clone.

So far the only one that has had several issues and it's increasing every dang time we go to the range is the Sig Sauer Mosquito. While putting it through the paces and generally just shooting it for fun we've come across several FTE's. Even racking the slide back a couple times doesn't do anything.

I'd think it was the ammo if we didn't use it in our Ruger 10/22, M&P15-22, Smith and Wesson .22LR hand gun without any flaws

Where did you buy that Sig from, just curious. We bought one on a dealers advice and hated it. By the time I got it to function half way decent, we were done with it. It now sits in the vault and has been replaced with 2 fun guns, Ruger Mark III's. what finally got the Sig to function was lubing the heck out of the slides and also the top of the trigger\bottom of the slide where it meets the top of the trigger did it....

SW 22A. Tried all different kinds of ammo; cleaned it religiously; sent it back to S&W for warranty work. Still couldn't get an entire magazine through it without jamming. Finally sold it and bought a Ruger MKIII. Very reliable, except I need to use a rubber mallet to disassemble & reassemble it.

Where did you buy that Sig from, just curious. We bought one on a dealers advice and hated it. By the time I got it to function half way decent, we were done with it. It now sits in the vault and has been replaced with 2 fun guns, Ruger Mark III's. what finally got the Sig to function was lubing the heck out of the slides and also the top of the trigger\bottom of the slide where it meets the top of the trigger did it....

My SIG Mosquito won't run at all unless I use CCI MiniMags. Any other .22LR will FTF, FTE, stovepipe, you name it.

I don't think I've had a single malfunction with it since I started running nothing but CCI Minimags through it. Probably 500 rnds or so. Don't think I've cleaned it since, either.

Never had a most unreliable gun. Just a most unaccurate and that was the M&P. I consider their revolvers the best but their semi's leave a lot to be desired!

So far I've only had 1 gun break....

I waited 2 months on a waiting list to get it, got it to the range, loaded a mag. Bang, bang, bang, broken..... Firing pin broke in two and got jammed in the gun. Took a month to get it back from being fixed.....

I now refer to it a my "bodytard" or the BG380 Box of Garbage 380

S&W could have at least tossed a extra mag or a hat or a sticker or a post it note saying "sorry we suck" in the box when they returned it t me, but no just a dirty gun

Then there was my brand new SS S&W 'kit gun' .22....it got harder and harder to fire the first time out, until the cylinder finally stopped revolving all together.
Only good thing is that the dealer felt so bad about it he offered my a (impossible to get at the time) S&W model 60.

S&W PPK/S if it didn't break you with it's recoil you would break it with your deathgrip. And I doubt it was a safety feature but if you didn't have the safety on it would not feed the first round for some damn reason. It got the proud title of the only firearm I have outright sold just to get rid of.

A Rossi 85104. Cylinder locked up after 2 rounds of Federal wadcutters. Sent back and Rossi claimed reloads jammed it.Sent a rather terse letter back letting them know it was the 2nd round of a factory new box of Federals. Got it back and it locked up after 4th shot. Gun Dealer took it back and refunded my money.

I hate to say this, but the Sig P250.

I have 5 Sigs and love them all. When my teenage son started shooting USPSA with me. I wanted a double action only for him. To start with anyway. So my first and natural choice was the P250. I ordered one from my local gun shop. Both he and I were very excited when he called and said it was in.

We ran up and got it and heading right for the range. It worked really well. He was very happy with it. Very proud and took to it well. All was great for the for 1,000 rounds or so.................then all hell broke loose.

First the slide lock would engage after every single round. Found a broken spring. Contacted Sig and they sent a "new and inproved" spring. Got the gun up and running again. All went fine for about another 500 rounds when he started getting light strikes on the primers. For those that are new to all this, light strikes means the gun does not go bang. Even after pulling the trigger three or four times on each round. Anoher call into Sig and a new Trigger bar and Hammer came our way. Installed them and all was well for another 200-300 rounds when the slide lock started to re-engage. Yes, I got another "New and Inproved" spring, replaced it and quickly traded it for, come close....(whispers softly) a S&W M&P Pro.

The most frustrating thing for him was each time this gun malfunctiuon, we were at a match. The poor kid was really having a bad time of it.

Walther PPK/S (one of the newer ones made by S&W in Maine). Fvcked up feed ramp from the factory. I was so disgusted I didn't even want to have it fixed, just sold it back to the gun store I bought it from at a loss.

Worst by far - Ruger P89.

Quick runner up - Olympic Arms PCR - it was my friend's rifle and admittedly, I have my doubts as to whether or not he'd EVER cleaned it, but FTFs, stovepipes and one hangfire - which was probably due to bad ammo, but still.

It was either the Ware Gun Shop or the agawam gun shop that isn't Guns N Gear... I don't remember the name of the other one I just went there once

Glock, and I never have and never will own one.

It's amazing how different people can have such drastically different opinions of the same firearms. Glocks are the one firearm I would trust my life to every single day. I've owned 3 and NEVER had a single problem.

It's amazing how different people can have such drastically different opinions of the same firearms. Glocks are the one firearm I would trust my life to every single day. I've owned 3 and NEVER had a single problem.
group A - those that own(ed) a .40 glock
group B - those that like glocks...

[laugh]

It's amazing how different people can have such drastically different opinions of the same firearms. Glocks are the one firearm I would trust my life to every single day.

I wouldn't... I watched a Glock misfire a couple of times this past weekend. So much for Glock infallibility...

Back
Top Bottom