• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Most Nonsensical Gun Control Laws

Acujeff

NES Member
This feature appears in the February ‘17 issue of NRA America’s 1st Freedom, one of the official journals of the National Rifle Association.

The Art Of The Preposterous
by Charles C.W. Cooke - January 26, 2017

Anachronistic “waiting period” laws, the one-gun-per-month laws, New Jersey’s ban on hollow-point bullets, laws barring you from buying a handgun in another state, bans on cosmetic features, the suppression of suppressors, allowing open carry without a license while requiring a permit for concealed carry, arbitrary import restrictions ......

Full article at:

https://www.americas1stfreedom.org/articles/2017/1/26/the-art-of-the-preposterous/

A good read. The purpose of gun control as we know is not to make the public safer. If anything it makes the public less safe. Gun controls purpose is to dissuade, discourage and deny people the right to keep and bear arms so that the govt. retains the power over the people.

A good read. The purpose of gun control as we know is not to make the public safer. If anything it makes the public less safe. Gun controls purpose is to dissuade, discourage and deny people the right to keep and bear arms so that the govt. retains the power over the people.

I think it's less (and more) sinister than that. I believe it's a bunch of feel-good that clashed at times with that pesky Constitution.

150 years ago, people thought nothing of a "no guns in town" regulation. It was still feel-good. People who FEEL about something and are willing to pass laws lack the integrity that is required for such a position in the first place.

Thankfully, our recent past has included a S-ton of Constitutional pushback. I will be very happy if the MA lawsuit hits the USSC in the next 2-3 years and it all gets flushed. I don't wish death or anything on RBG, but she seems to be the next one to "go" and it would be nice for her to go soon and backfill her with a Constitutional Scholar. (And I don't mean Obama. LOL)

I think it's less (and more) sinister than that. I believe it's a bunch of feel-good that clashed at times with that pesky Constitution.

150 years ago, people thought nothing of a "no guns in town" regulation. It was still feel-good. People who FEEL about something and are willing to pass laws lack the integrity that is required for such a position in the first place.

Thankfully, our recent past has included a S-ton of Constitutional pushback. I will be very happy if the MA lawsuit hits the USSC in the next 2-3 years and it all gets flushed. I don't wish death or anything on RBG, but she seems to be the next one to "go" and it would be nice for her to go soon and backfill her with a Constitutional Scholar. (And I don't mean Obama. LOL)
RBG has outlived 97% of pancreatic cancer patients. But you can bet that she'd rule in favor of a ban on Medicare/Medicaid treating pancreatic cancer to save taxpayer money. Hasn't happened yet but it will if D's ever control all 3 houses again.
RBG Kegan and Sodomy-UR all believe that only the government and criminals should have guns. They want a safe work place for criminals and the corrupt, just like Mexico.

RBG has outlived 97% of pancreatic cancer patients. But you can bet that she'd rule in favor of a ban on Medicare/Medicaid treating pancreatic cancer to save taxpayer money. Hasn't happened yet but it will if D's ever control all 3 houses again.
RBG Kegan and Sodomy-UR all believe that only the government and criminals should have guns. They want a safe work place for criminals and the corrupt, just like Mexico.

No, she would probably rule against a ban on treating pancreatic cancer patients because women get it, too. And of course you can't deny women access to anything or you're a racist, misogynistic, bigot!

Now a ban on prostate cancer treatment, on the other hand....

No, she would probably rule against a ban on treating pancreatic cancer patients because women get it, too. And of course you can't deny women access to anything or you're a racist, misogynistic, bigot!

Now a ban on prostate cancer treatment, on the other hand....
I'd comment further but don't want to go way OT from OP. :D

Honestly, I'd rather live in a world wear a 12 yo can buy a gun than allow government to restrict them in any way. It's not even a close contest.

In practice me too but in reality no a kid shouldn't be able to buy a gun. Too much stupid out there and too many bad parents

In practice me too but in reality no a kid shouldn't be able to buy a gun. Too much stupid out there and too many bad parents

I would rather deal with problems stemming from too much freedom rather than too little. (Stolen from some old guy, not using the same words)

In practice me too but in reality no a kid shouldn't be able to buy a gun.

Right now if some kids (lets say teenagers) in (insert big dump city here) if they read this, they would literally laugh out loud at this actual statement. They can buy guns whether "the state" likes it or not. Pretending that they can't (because of a lawr blocking it) is being hopelessly naive.

Not to mention, I think even in libertarianmostlyfreedomland type situation guns would still not be sold at dealer level to
minors, at least not without parental/guardian consent.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom