The most memorable teacher I ever had.

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your first boner, Sky? Jack.
Reminds me of when I was 8, and one of my classmates would sneak out copies of his dad's "gentlemen's magazines". There were four of us living on the block, and we would gather under the storm culvert to look at them.

I didn't really know what I was looking at, but I liked it. "She ain't got no thang, just a bunch of hair down there!" (It was 1970.)

And then the one where I started to understand: the oldest of our group said, "He's kissin' her tittie! That makes my peter grow!"

All of a sudden I understood why mine was growing too.

Reptile

NES Member
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Reminds me of when I was 8, and one of my classmates would sneak out copies of his dad's "gentlemen's magazines". There were four of us living on the block, and we would gather under the storm culvert to look at them.

I didn't really know what I was looking at, but I liked it. "She ain't got no thang, just a bunch of hair down there!" (It was 1970.)

And then the one where I started to understand: the oldest of our group said, "He's kissin' her tittie! That makes my peter grow!"

All of a sudden I understood why mine was growing too.
Ahhh, yes.

Good times in the storm culvert!!!

Lots of good stories about culverts.

Sky,

I remember hearing about Toby and the LifeSaver girl.

Have you ever tried to reconnect to either of them?

On a side note: you are sharp as a tack and have a great memory and writing skills to recount all that. In the event of a NES takedown - somebody needs to back up your threads!!!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I would spend hours narrating all these stories and turning them into a podcast. Pure gold.

needs a good title though
Tales from Sky?
The Skysoldier Experience?

Bernietech

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sky, your stories and writing style remind me so much of my childhood listening to Gene Shepard "Shep". Shep had a radio show every night on WOR New York and a live 2 hr show sat night from the Limelight in grinidge village.

One of his books, In God we trust, all others pay cash, turned into the script for the classic movie, "a Christmas story". Gene's voice is Ralphies's daydreaming .

While in college, I took a date to a live concert at Princeton univ. Gene was fantastic in person, but I don't think she got his humor as much as I did...

After you write your book, movie time...

Hope you are well.

Bernie

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
We had an absolutely brilliant math teacher in my high school (Anne Gratian). She and her husband designed detonators and exported two products to Japan in the mid 40s. I did a quick google and see that she had patents for a super regenerative radio ranging device and double pulse width generator, both listed in the https://fas.org/sgp/othergov/doe/lanl/docs1/00371230.pdf Los Alamos bibliography of publications and assigned to the US AEC.

enbloc

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
"Hi Mr. Skysoldier?"
"Yes?"
"This is Andrea from the Howard Stern show."
"Yes?"
"Howard would like to book you for a few hours." "Do you like midgets?...

MAGG

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
the first few paragraphs in I was thinking I was gonna need a shower to wash the filth off me from this story LOL...but it went into a totally different direction but was still fun to read....Kim you always produce!!

Sauer Grapes

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sky, your stories and writing style remind me so much of my childhood listening to Gene Shepard "Shep". Shep had a radio show every night on WOR New York and a live 2 hr show sat night from the Limelight in grinidge village.

One of his books, In God we trust, all others pay cash, turned into the script for the classic movie, "a Christmas story". Gene's voice is Ralphies's daydreaming .

While in college, I took a date to a live concert at Princeton univ. Gene was fantastic in person, but I don't think she got his humor as much as I did...

After you write your book, movie time...

Hope you are well.

Bernie
He also had a cameo in the movie. At the Santa line in Higgin's department store
IMG_0784.jpg

*CJK*

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
45 posts and no mention about carpet or drapes? You guys are losing it...

Top Bottom