• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The most controversial thought ive ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did somebody say go time?
Oh. False alarm. Back to sleep zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Don't expect to be the exact same person all of your life. Welcome change. Guns are merely mechanical objects. All of them can be destroyed or replaced anytime you want. For a long period of time, guns reminded me of the brutality and violence I witnessed in Vietnam. I wanted nothing to do with them. I just about gave away a collection of long guns. Now, many years later, I have a small collection of pistols. I do carry and accept the responsibility that goes along with that. If I was stressed out about it, I wouldn't do it. I also wouldn't hesitate to sell them all for any reason at all although I can't imagine reacting to government threats or friends opinions (especially my grannycrat friends)

SergeantGeneral, or whoever she really is, raises a good point: Why would you post such internal debates on a forum where half the members are screaming μολὼν λαβέ ?

QB. If I were your close friend I would tell youmto STFU and getnhold of yourself. How can anyone put their head on the pillow each night without a gun to protect themselves and their family?

I'm having the opposite anxiety. I'm really worried about losing the right to carry and/or certain types of firearms. Thatnto me would be devastating.

there's been sometimes lately where i have come close to selling my guns to pay bills/ debts but each time i've found other ways.

But if i ever choose to sell my guns it will because i choose to and no other reasons.

Im going to say this, your family would loose everything if you were gone.

A gun is protecting your family, from perminent scaring of the brutal loss of a family member, from some sick **** trying to take not your stuff but your loved ones lifes, to stop what would be the worst thing that could ever happen to you or your family, to stop a suffering you or loved ones would feel that no law suit or jail time could ever come close to.

You dont have to protect everyone around you, you can walk away from a fight, you dont have to pull your gun if you dont want to, but you cant use a option thats not there, you cant fight agents overwhelming odds when you do not have the means to do so,

so why would i fear my own ability with a gun to protect myself and loved ones from a life of suffering a loss, I'm most likely to never have to use a gun for protection, but most people who lost loved ones never thought they would ether. Most are dead because they could not help themselves,

I ask you who would be a acceptable loss of your family to avoid a law suit? would a rape be better then a law suit? would having someone you loved beat to death be better then jail? and who the hell has a right to tell you that they know you will be better off without no personal protection of a gun?

I ask this only to get you to think of the millions of people who were helpless agents armed and un armed criminals, who did not have any way to protect themselves, i know no loved one would be a acceptable loss, but if you would do anything to protect your family, why get rid of the best defense you have to protect them?

Do u carry? If so. Put it in the safe for a day. Now. That feeling you have when you go out in public unarmed? Multiply it by 100,000 if, god forbid, the situation arose where you needed it and it wasn't there.
It's called love of life. It's not the gun your selling ...

I'm guessing if this is even a question then you were never much a gun enthusiast or second amendment supporter. I will ALWAYS own a firearm no matter what laws are passed. If that means technically being a criminal then so be it.

How is this even an issue? Do you brag about guns to your friends and family? Do they badger you unprovoked? If not then keep your guns, or at least one or two, and drive on with your life. Keep quet about them.

If you insist on selling I hope at least you'll give NES members first crack at them.

Do u carry? If so. Put it in the safe for a day. Now. That feeling you have when you go out in public unarmed? Multiply it by 100,000 if, god forbid, the situation arose where you needed it and it wasn't there.

Thank you for your helpful comment , and i put my daily ccw in the safe. Going to try going without it .

So to recap: NE Shooters forum is NOT a gun enthusiast support group.

If you have doubts about gun ownership and are looking for reassurance, don't post to NES.

[rofl] and i see we've come full circle jerk retard. some people (myself included) can't carry 100% of the time. you know, like when taking a dump at home, showering, accessing DoD facilities, Schools Ect.

the gun is just a tool. if someone was hell-bent on killing people it's not going to do you any good anyway. -look back for an article out of CA (i think) where a guy walked into a restaurant with a Rifle and killed 3 of 4 LEO's eating before he got popped (going off memory, not word for word).

you carry a gun for added protection / leverage. it's not the BE ALL / END ALL solution. again, assuming you're not going to piss your pants, limp-wrist the gun and actually put the first two shots in the dirt.

If I ever post any thoughts like this I insist that someone give me a dope slap. Please!

Owning and/or carrying a gun is a personal choice and I would never force it on anyone but I will never give up my rights.

Even in Mass, it is common that if you used a firearm in a situation where your life was threatened, you might not be charged. Especially because of your gender. I am thinking specifically of the guy that shot and killed the BG who was stabbing the Doctor at Mass General a few years back.

What if a bobcat gets into your garage?

I don't know specifically what you have in your collection, but if you decide to sell some of it, I would strongly suggest you consider keeping at least one handgun and one long gun. If you don't I can almost promise you that there will be a time, probably not long after you sell, that you will regret it. Hopefully, it will not be in the middle of the night, when you wake up to the sound of breaking glass and the muffled voices of 2 or 3 people inside your house.

You have already mentioned you don't think you could live through a legal defense if you were forced to use a firearm to protect yourself, but how would you feel if you had to attend a funeral of someone you loved, whose life you could have saved? The question that this thread made me ask myself is, would I give up everything to protect my wife and kids? No question

I understand QB - I've sold off everything before. Truth be told, though I love the firearms community, the firearms themselves oftentimes I could take or leave. So yeah, I don't think i'ts crazy to contemplate getting rid of them. Especially if you have kiddos around, and figure the chance an accident - however mindbogglingly remote - is a bigger danger than a breakin.

I'll tell you though, a stranger who kept coming around my place in the middle of the night when I lived alone in the bad part of town made me reconsider that decision right quick.

I have a gun again now.

(And also - I don't trust the folks in charge to be the only ones with weapons. Even if it sits locked in a safe ignored and unloved, I figure making sure that one decent rifle is out there amongst the citizenry [or "on the streets" as our wannabe masters call it] - is doing posterity a favor.)

RULE 12: “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.

Don't let the bastards win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom