The Mill

zork51

NES Member
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
The mill has over 60 FFLs. 3 large volume (not deli ticket emporium level, but likely higher than most/all other non big box in MA) and there are another few that do modest to significant retail. These are all completely separate businesses. Some are in rooms by themselves. Some are colocated with other shops. Many do no meaningful retail in MA but do research, out of state sales, only transfers, or whatever business model they are setup in. All the ones that do retail advertise at the level they want to advertise to generate new customers. Most live off existing customers and referrals so you will not find them going out of their way to generate more traffic. As you may have read on other threads here, one shop routinely has 2+ hour waits lined up outside the shop when they are open. That is not a shop that needs to actively advertise.

Remember, not all gun shops want your business. Different shops choose to specialize in certain products or product lines and if you are looking for something else, don't expect them to go all gushy because you show up with money. Certain people have posted in other threads disappointment at not being fellated when they showed for their second full trip to one of the shops. That is not a likely outcome at the Mill. No one at the mill does this as their primary job. Everyone does it for the enjoyment and some make some good money at it. But no one is doing this for a living so don't make assumptions about their motivations, their business models, etc.

Follow the classified ads, ask your friends, go and walk around, but stop bitching about them not making it easier for you. Anyone who wants more customers is already advertising at the level they deem appropriate. Not all shops are there to sell you more M&P shields. One shop has a very nice sign outside saying "No Taurus, no 40SW, no Shields, ask and you will be ridiculed". If you can't figure out what the shops do, who is open when, what products are available from what shops, the Mill is not likely your type of place. The Deli Ticket Emporium, Bass Pro and Cabelas cater to the lowest common denominator and are perfect for one stop predictable, boring, lazy, shopping.

No one is going to post their inventory and prices. No need to ask.

The biggest on 2020 volume
  • Alan of Defensive Dynamics does his advertising on Facebook. Find him there and details on when he is around. Specialty pre-ban AR and AKs but sells lots of other stuff
  • Jason of Custom Defense Solutions. Very modest advertising on Facebook and Armslist and his website. "traditional" gun shop with regular posted hours. (evenings, sat 10-5, sun 12-5)
  • Randy of Dean Safety (me). Small amount of armslist and NES advertising to drive a small amount of new business. Not a traditional gun shop in terms of product choices (no cleaning kits, get it?) Sat 9-2, Sun 2-6, Wed 2-8
The next tier
  • Sherif of MAGA. Colocated with Dean Safety and same hours. Compatible product mix. source of the no taurus, no shields sign. Armslist and instagram for modest advertising
  • Yakov of Newtech R&D. Armslist and NES advertising. Sat and Wed hours colocated with MAGA and Dean Safety
  • Bud of Battleroad. Sells the same things as multiple other dealers (no specific niche). Advertises on armslist that I have seen
  • The three amigos of Core Custom Solutions. LLC with 3 partners. They seem to have semi regular foot traffic these days but not sure how they advertise
  • Jeff of Seneca Arms (he is a real native american of the Seneca tribe). He does a wide range of products and has regular traffic. Not sure of his advertising
  • Isaiah of Pathfinder Arms. Armslist, facebook, his own website. Lives in western MA so not around as often as others. Doing a good trade.
New comers
  • Jon of SHTF Arms. Love the name. All over Facebook and armslist and his own website. new so doing lots of advertising. Across the hall from Defensive Dynamics.
There are others but I am gaging some of this on package volume. Since either Sherif or I am around to sign for packages most every day (we can do our day jobs from the shop), we see the volume of packages received by all the other shops (except those that deliver to their homes). Sorry for anyone who feels left out of the list.

Dont expect a lot more spoon feeding than this. It isnt going to happen. Right now the market is supply constrained, not customer constrained. Customers who are annoying, obnoxious, or self-important just get fired as customers. Anyone who has product is a) spending an inordinate amount of time sourcing product and b) is totally swamped when they are open to have time to baby anyone who is needy. You can have any opinion you want about that reality, but don't expect it to have any impact on the busy shops. Most are first come first serve, no you cant have my inventory over the phone/email/text, please just come down when we are open, no dont call me to tell me you are coming, just show up, have some idea what you are looking for and you will get help from someone happy to sell you the right gun.

As I said, the Mill is not for everyone, especially people who think it is their job to tell others how to run their businesses.

And thanks to all my regular customers! you make it worthwhile. You all know who you are... (and many posted in this thread or other Mill bitching/whining threads)
As someone who's done business over 3 decades at stand alone shops and the like, I also, and will continue to be a Customer of Crackpot (although he seems pretty level headed to me sans the name) Jason (CDS), MAGA (Sheriff), Yarkov (Newtech R+D), Alex (Minuteman Armament), and Alan (DD). There are of course many others there whom I don't know. All good guys. If I'm in or driving through the area, it's a must stop, even if just browsing. I used to work in that building MANY years ago!! And like any gun shop, you meet the nicest people there! I've also been to Bridgewater to DF arms, and PTM; also good guys. And FEC in Rockland for one. They're all good guys. I certainly wouldn't want to have to try and please Customers in this climate! Most all of these guys have day jobs, so they stretch themselves pretty thin to have a life beside. And I'm sure they do it just to please us cus we're so awesome, right ??? God Bless them.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
The mill has over 60 FFLs. 3 large volume (not deli ticket emporium level, but likely higher than most/all other non big box in MA) and there are another few that do modest to significant retail. These are all completely separate businesses. Some are in rooms by themselves. Some are colocated with other shops. Many do no meaningful retail in MA but do research, out of state sales, only transfers, or whatever business model they are setup in. All the ones that do retail advertise at the level they want to advertise to generate new customers. Most live off existing customers and referrals so you will not find them going out of their way to generate more traffic. As you may have read on other threads here, one shop routinely has 2+ hour waits lined up outside the shop when they are open. That is not a shop that needs to actively advertise.

Remember, not all gun shops want your business. Different shops choose to specialize in certain products or product lines and if you are looking for something else, don't expect them to go all gushy because you show up with money. Certain people have posted in other threads disappointment at not being fellated when they showed for their second full trip to one of the shops. That is not a likely outcome at the Mill. No one at the mill does this as their primary job. Everyone does it for the enjoyment and some make some good money at it. But no one is doing this for a living so don't make assumptions about their motivations, their business models, etc.

Follow the classified ads, ask your friends, go and walk around, but stop bitching about them not making it easier for you. Anyone who wants more customers is already advertising at the level they deem appropriate. Not all shops are there to sell you more M&P shields. One shop has a very nice sign outside saying "No Taurus, no 40SW, no Shields, ask and you will be ridiculed". If you can't figure out what the shops do, who is open when, what products are available from what shops, the Mill is not likely your type of place. The Deli Ticket Emporium, Bass Pro and Cabelas cater to the lowest common denominator and are perfect for one stop predictable, boring, lazy, shopping.

No one is going to post their inventory and prices. No need to ask.

The biggest on 2020 volume
  • Alan of Defensive Dynamics does his advertising on Facebook. Find him there and details on when he is around. Specialty pre-ban AR and AKs but sells lots of other stuff
  • Jason of Custom Defense Solutions. Very modest advertising on Facebook and Armslist and his website. "traditional" gun shop with regular posted hours. (evenings, sat 10-5, sun 12-5)
  • Randy of Dean Safety (me). Small amount of armslist and NES advertising to drive a small amount of new business. Not a traditional gun shop in terms of product choices (no cleaning kits, get it?) Sat 9-2, Sun 2-6, Wed 2-8
The next tier
  • Sherif of MAGA. Colocated with Dean Safety and same hours. Compatible product mix. source of the no taurus, no shields sign. Armslist and instagram for modest advertising
  • Yakov of Newtech R&D. Armslist and NES advertising. Sat and Wed hours colocated with MAGA and Dean Safety
  • Bud of Battleroad. Sells the same things as multiple other dealers (no specific niche). Advertises on armslist that I have seen
  • The three amigos of Core Custom Solutions. LLC with 3 partners. They seem to have semi regular foot traffic these days but not sure how they advertise
  • Jeff of Seneca Arms (he is a real native american of the Seneca tribe). He does a wide range of products and has regular traffic. Not sure of his advertising
  • Isaiah of Pathfinder Arms. Armslist, facebook, his own website. Lives in western MA so not around as often as others. Doing a good trade.
New comers
  • Jon of SHTF Arms. Love the name. All over Facebook and armslist and his own website. new so doing lots of advertising. Across the hall from Defensive Dynamics.
There are others but I am gaging some of this on package volume. Since either Sherif or I am around to sign for packages most every day (we can do our day jobs from the shop), we see the volume of packages received by all the other shops (except those that deliver to their homes). Sorry for anyone who feels left out of the list.

Dont expect a lot more spoon feeding than this. It isnt going to happen. Right now the market is supply constrained, not customer constrained. Customers who are annoying, obnoxious, or self-important just get fired as customers. Anyone who has product is a) spending an inordinate amount of time sourcing product and b) is totally swamped when they are open to have time to baby anyone who is needy. You can have any opinion you want about that reality, but don't expect it to have any impact on the busy shops. Most are first come first serve, no you cant have my inventory over the phone/email/text, please just come down when we are open, no dont call me to tell me you are coming, just show up, have some idea what you are looking for and you will get help from someone happy to sell you the right gun.

As I said, the Mill is not for everyone, especially people who think it is their job to tell others how to run their businesses.

And thanks to all my regular customers! you make it worthwhile. You all know who you are... (and many posted in this thread or other Mill bitching/whining threads)

"60 dealers at the Mill is a myth."
I think someone said that...[smile]

CATI

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Depending on what kind of firearms you are interested in I have had good luck with Defensive Dynamics. What he sells is not cheap in this state as expected but that’s just the deal.(Pre ban AK/AR) I had a neutral experience with another FFL and am picking something else up this weekend from another.
Email seems to work best for contact with those in the mill as they all seem like they are part time.

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Each tenant in the Mill, FFL or otherwise, is an independent business.
4zq2ms.jpg

P. S. Can someone photoshop a cockatoo onto his outstretched finger?

Spartan65

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Another great trip to the Mill today. I did in fact leave with not a dollar left to spend. My last two trips I have been happy to see mostly first time gun owners at the mill. And at that a very diverse group from all walks of life. It’s so nice to see the 2a community grow (hopefully those people also VOTE). Shout out to Dean safety for doing a great job introducing so many new shooters to the community today. And with a smile.

the wife has said we will have to make it a monthly expedition.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just moved only about 15 minutes from "The Mill", and I've heard a lot about it. The thing is I'm 74 years old, and I have spinal stenosis, so walking can be a chore. So, the questions is... Is it even worth it for me to drive there to check it out?

one-eyed Jack

Manufacturer
Dealer
NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I just moved only about 15 minutes from "The Mill", and I've heard a lot about it. The thing is I'm 74 years old, and I have spinal stenosis, so walking can be a chore. So, the questions is... Is it even worth it for me to drive there to check it out?
If you park close to the boiler room door (under the big chimney) you can go in and use the elevator up to the next level where Randy and a bunch of the guys are. That way you can avoid the big metal stairway. Jack.

cathouse01

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes. Just go mid-morning on a Saturday when most of the FFls will be there. You’d be disappointed if you went on a Monday afternoon.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Probably, but good luck finding hours for all the shops.

Top Bottom