• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Mill

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In fairness to Jack, I think that would be up to the dealers to get together and do. He IS the landlord, his job is pretty much to collect rents.

That being said, it would be nice know who’s open when and generally what they have in stock without having to wade through several threads on NES or looking up each individual vendor. I’m not going to take the trip there because it’s a little far and I don’t want to go and not know what will be open when I get there, but I also understand the guys who go and enjoy it. If I happened to be in Littleton I’d stop by, although I have been to Littleton exactly once in my life and it’s not somewhere I drive by regularly.
Exactly what I was saying. Yup.

Thanks a lot. I just rent space. I don't manage, control or get involved in any tenant's activities. If you are ever looking for space, Coyote 33, don't come here. Jack.
Not sure, but the first sentence sounds like what you said earlier. The second one sounds like you're mad at me for something.

??

But Jack!

I thought ALL landlords were responsible for their tenants advertising and public relations!

Say it ain't SO!
Again, exactly what I said.

cathouse01

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You might want to see my post The Mill is full . Many of the FFLs in the Mill are there for private business and are not generally open to the public. Most of them are 07’s and are more interested in custom building rather than off the street sales. Those who are acting more like a LGS advertise on NES under the Dealers Classified, on Armslist (pretty much anyone with multiple listings with a location of Littleton,MA is someone in the Mill), and other venues. If you show up on a Saturday and just chat with the folks there you’ll learn who normally deals with off the street customers.

BigAl23

NES Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Gotta love NES.

Is the shortage of guns and ammo fake? Is supply not actually below demand?
I'm curious too. Sportsmen Supply (PA) from Gunbroker has over 300 9MM semi auto's on auction.
Cabelas had 10k rds of 9MM last week.

I guess the big guys always win.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I'm curious too. Sportsmen Supply (PA) from Gunbroker has over 300 9MM semi auto's on auction.
Cabelas had 10k rds of 9MM last week.
That's not a lot of ammunition.

Also right now the sales of some guns is stunted by lack of ammunition.

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Theres one similar but smaller in Bridgewater.
Never been there.
Check the dealers forum or one of might contact you by magical messenger.
I have. @South Shore Guns is there. I bought a gun from him.

Nice place. Good guys.

But call, its not like you are walking into some gun supermarket like KTP.

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I agree with someone's idea in the past of doing an "open house" of sorts at the mill. Lots of people won't take a long drive without having an idea of what wonders it holds.
Dude, you are talking about 50 to 60 different FFL. Many don't even have guns in stock, they use it for whatever personal purposes they want to use it. This is not one person controlling when each FFL is on site.

If you are expecting to walk into a place with 300 guns all over the walls that puts KTP to shame, you will be disappointed.

However, if you want to do business with good people and try to order some somewhat rare stuff, it is a great place. There are also people there that teach classes. It is pretty cool.

Just pick up the damn phone and call the different shops and ask.

Maybe the FFLs should do a better job of advertising (I would), but that's none of my business.

Spartan65

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Dude, you are talking about 50 to 60 different FFL. Many don't even have guns in stock, they use it for whatever personal purposes they want to use it. This is not one person controlling when each FFL is on site.

If you are expecting to walk into a place with 300 guns all over the walls that puts KTP to shame, you will be disappointed.

However, if you want to do business with good people and try to order some somewhat rare stuff, it is a great place. There are also people there that teach classes. It is pretty cool.

Maybe the FFLs should do a better job of advertising (I would), but that's none of my business.
I don’t know the last time I was at the mill one FFL had multiple stacks of hard to find fire arms stacked literally floor to ceiling. My wife had to drag me out before I started liquidating our stock portfolio. It’s like a magical scavenger hunt over there.

btnh6668

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0

You are literally making my point. No one is expecting anything because they don't know what is there. I have been there i have an idea. I am speaking for those who have not. Like i said, i really don't care if people go there or not, just giving a suggestion for those who do have guns in stock. Not really sure why people are having a hard time understanding this. It was just a simple suggestion.

Quite_Exasperated

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I see a branding opportunity for the Mill...call it Millseyland, the magical gun kingdom. You can sell overpriced tickets for us to walk around and sweat our balls off, sell speedpasses that tell us what time we can get into a store and hire a local kid to push us down the halls in shopping carts while singing “I want a small gun after all”...oh, and instead of turkey legs, sell buffalo wings we can carry around while wearing our Milseyland t-shirts and instead of mouse ears, we’ll just walk around with our Peltors on......[rofl]

CrackPot

NES Member
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
The mill has over 60 FFLs. 3 large volume (not deli ticket emporium level, but likely higher than most/all other non big box in MA) and there are another few that do modest to significant retail. These are all completely separate businesses. Some are in rooms by themselves. Some are colocated with other shops. Many do no meaningful retail in MA but do research, out of state sales, only transfers, or whatever business model they are setup in. All the ones that do retail advertise at the level they want to advertise to generate new customers. Most live off existing customers and referrals so you will not find them going out of their way to generate more traffic. As you may have read on other threads here, one shop routinely has 2+ hour waits lined up outside the shop when they are open. That is not a shop that needs to actively advertise.

Remember, not all gun shops want your business. Different shops choose to specialize in certain products or product lines and if you are looking for something else, don't expect them to go all gushy because you show up with money. Certain people have posted in other threads disappointment at not being fellated when they showed for their second full trip to one of the shops. That is not a likely outcome at the Mill. No one at the mill does this as their primary job. Everyone does it for the enjoyment and some make some good money at it. But no one is doing this for a living so don't make assumptions about their motivations, their business models, etc.

Follow the classified ads, ask your friends, go and walk around, but stop bitching about them not making it easier for you. Anyone who wants more customers is already advertising at the level they deem appropriate. Not all shops are there to sell you more M&P shields. One shop has a very nice sign outside saying "No Taurus, no 40SW, no Shields, ask and you will be ridiculed". If you can't figure out what the shops do, who is open when, what products are available from what shops, the Mill is not likely your type of place. The Deli Ticket Emporium, Bass Pro and Cabelas cater to the lowest common denominator and are perfect for one stop predictable, boring, lazy, shopping.

No one is going to post their inventory and prices. No need to ask.

The biggest on 2020 volume
  • Alan of Defensive Dynamics does his advertising on Facebook. Find him there and details on when he is around. Specialty pre-ban AR and AKs but sells lots of other stuff
  • Jason of Custom Defense Solutions. Very modest advertising on Facebook and Armslist and his website. "traditional" gun shop with regular posted hours. (evenings, sat 10-5, sun 12-5)
  • Randy of Dean Safety (me). Small amount of armslist and NES advertising to drive a small amount of new business. Not a traditional gun shop in terms of product choices (no cleaning kits, get it?) Sat 9-2, Sun 2-6, Wed 2-8
The next tier
  • Sherif of MAGA. Colocated with Dean Safety and same hours. Compatible product mix. source of the no taurus, no shields sign. Armslist and instagram for modest advertising
  • Yakov of Newtech R&D. Armslist and NES advertising. Sat and Wed hours colocated with MAGA and Dean Safety
  • Bud of Battleroad. Sells the same things as multiple other dealers (no specific niche). Advertises on armslist that I have seen
  • The three amigos of Core Custom Solutions. LLC with 3 partners. They seem to have semi regular foot traffic these days but not sure how they advertise
  • Jeff of Seneca Arms (he is a real native american of the Seneca tribe). He does a wide range of products and has regular traffic. Not sure of his advertising
  • Isaiah of Pathfinder Arms. Armslist, facebook, his own website. Lives in western MA so not around as often as others. Doing a good trade.
New comers
  • Jon of SHTF Arms. Love the name. All over Facebook and armslist and his own website. new so doing lots of advertising. Across the hall from Defensive Dynamics.
There are others but I am gaging some of this on package volume. Since either Sherif or I am around to sign for packages most every day (we can do our day jobs from the shop), we see the volume of packages received by all the other shops (except those that deliver to their homes). Sorry for anyone who feels left out of the list.

Dont expect a lot more spoon feeding than this. It isnt going to happen. Right now the market is supply constrained, not customer constrained. Customers who are annoying, obnoxious, or self-important just get fired as customers. Anyone who has product is a) spending an inordinate amount of time sourcing product and b) is totally swamped when they are open to have time to baby anyone who is needy. You can have any opinion you want about that reality, but don't expect it to have any impact on the busy shops. Most are first come first serve, no you cant have my inventory over the phone/email/text, please just come down when we are open, no dont call me to tell me you are coming, just show up, have some idea what you are looking for and you will get help from someone happy to sell you the right gun.

As I said, the Mill is not for everyone, especially people who think it is their job to tell others how to run their businesses.

And thanks to all my regular customers! you make it worthwhile. You all know who you are... (and many posted in this thread or other Mill bitching/whining threads)

deerdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
That is a bit of help on knowing who is there for what. I know what I want for my next firearm and what the places are that can probably help me. Thanks Crackpot.

M125X

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I see a branding opportunity for the Mill...call it Millseyland, the magical gun kingdom. You can sell overpriced tickets for us to walk around and sweat our balls off, sell speedpasses that tell us what time we can get into a store and hire a local kid to push us down the halls in shopping carts while singing “I want a small gun after all”...oh, and instead of turkey legs, sell buffalo wings we can carry around while wearing our Milseyland t-shirts and instead of mouse ears, we’ll just walk around with our Peltors on......[rofl]
Will beef jerky guy be there?

MetalgodZ

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
The three amigos of Core Custom Solutions. LLC with 3 partners. They seem to have semi regular foot traffic these days but not sure how they advertise
[wave]

The answer to how we advertise is "poorly."

Core Custom Solutions LLC and Core Custom Solutions at the moment. Usual hours are Wednesday 6/6:30 until I get tired of sitting around, and by appointment.

Generally got ammo and various frames and parts in stock. Lots of our business is parts, compliance work, and AR upper builds. We do a lot of builds for Project Appleseed participants, so we've frequently got Ruger 10/22s, Ruger Precision Rimfires, and similar in stock.

Will beef jerky guy be there?

We've actually got Kalahari Biltong in stock. Started jokingly as one of the partners wanted it in case quantities, but we keep it around because people impulse buy. [laugh]

Spartan65

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Headed to the mill tomorrow. Will be going to the three main retail shops in one room. Any suggestions on other shops that I may be missing on a Saturday morning?

KMM696

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Good grief. What kind of monster have I helped to create here? Jack.
2233376220_c8c0bcb93a.jpg

Top Bottom