The Mill

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talk sh*t about Big Sexy, get what you deserve.
3 hour trip blows??
It does, if like my experience, when you make the drive and only two shops are open. There may have been a third but all I can recall was MAGA and the guy that gives out free sodas a few doors down on the opposite side of the hall from where EC was giving a class.

Hell, in three hours I could hit up all of my usual LGS spots with time to spare.

deerdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Call or message for hrs. That goes for any business, not just firearms. Learned that a long time ago.
It does, if like my experience, when you make the drive and only two shops are open. There may have been a third but all I can recall was MAGA and the guy that gives out free sodas a few doors down on the opposite side of the hall from where EC was giving a class.

Hell, in three hours I could hit up all of my usual LGS spots with time to spare.

one-eyed Jack

Manufacturer
Dealer
NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I agree with someone's idea in the past of doing an "open house" of sorts at the mill. Lots of people won't take a long drive without having an idea of what wonders it holds.
Read all the posts/threads about the Mill and you'll have an idea. Jack.

Buck F

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
In this Covid so called "shortage" of ammo and firearms it amazes me that someone that wants that gun they've been looking for won't drive a few hours to go and get it.

I think it has more to do with people not knowing they can.

I think people will drive a couple hours if they want a particular gun and have arranged the purchase but they're not going to drive that far if they just want to browse/shop and aren't sure which shops are open or what inventory might look like in these times. I'm interested in The Mill but I can't go on Saturdays and don't know who's going to be open or not when I decide to go [last minute] during the week.

daggrant99

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I would almost suggest looking up business hours for the shops you are interested in, and if you are going on a weekend, go when they open. Otherwise try to go during the
week.

Gun retail in new england on the weekends at shops that have stuff loosely resembles something like this....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDAmPIq29ro

Yeah, but I don't really know anything about the place or what shops to look up. Maybe I'll try to stop by on a Saturday and see what there is to see. I'm actually looking for a complete upper and lower parts kit to build up my first AR. I was thinking about maybe trying PSA, seems like they have pretty good prices for the complete rifle kit (have family in NH) but would rather support our local MA shops.

Thanks again for the info.

Dan

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was about to ask for your count on the number of threads we have for this question ;)
Ah, another happy player of @one-eyed Jack Lotto.
pc101_image_w07MathLesson_PrimeFactorization.svg

(Take his number, bet on the prime factors. If he posts a prime number,
then it's like the green pockets in roulette - house wins
).

Last edited:

btnh6668

NES Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
lol people getting argumentative about this. I was just giving a suggestion. I don't give a sh*t if you spend your money there or not. The answer go read other threads about the mill... which i have and still don't answer the point i was making. Was just trying to be helpful.👍

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at the mill today, place needs a map with hours. Lots of closed and locked doors, I'd say I bumped across maybe 6 open ffl's, all seemingly with the same items on the shelves.

This isn't a complaint though, it was nice to browse, its just difficult to find when and where to be up in there.

Buck F

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I was at the mill today, place needs a map with hours. Lots of closed and locked doors, I'd say I bumped across maybe 6 open ffl's, all seemingly with the same items on the shelves.

This isn't a complaint though, it was nice to browse, its just difficult to find when and where to be up in there.

In other words, it is a complaint lol. It's a legitimate one.

one-eyed Jack

Manufacturer
Dealer
NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
instead of typing that you could have typed the name of your shop and your hours and what you specialize in, I'm sure many people here know you, but what about new guys?
No. I don't do retail sales. All the biz. needs to go to the rent paying tenants. Jack.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree with someone's idea in the past of doing an "open house" of sorts at the mill. Lots of people won't take a long drive without having an idea of what wonders it holds.
This was what I was getting at when I suggested a sort of "flyer" that gave all the contact info and some sales info about all the shops. It could be a paper flyer, a website, an Instagram account, and also a sign at the front of the building. All it would take is for the vendors to get together on it. It sounds like Jack isn't interested in that, just in collecting the rent.

instead of typing that you could have typed the name of your shop and your hours and what you specialize in, I'm sure many people here know you, but what about new guys?
If they knew the name, or what shop might carry what they are looking for.

Yup.

Buck F

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
This was what I was getting at when I suggested a sort of "flyer" that gave all the contact info and some sales info about all the shops. It could be a paper flyer, a website, an Instagram account, and also a sign at the front of the building. All it would take is for the vendors to get together on it. It sounds like Jack isn't interested in that, just in collecting the rent.

Yup.
In fairness to Jack, I think that would be up to the dealers to get together and do. He IS the landlord, his job is pretty much to collect rents.

That being said, it would be nice know who’s open when and generally what they have in stock without having to wade through several threads on NES or looking up each individual vendor. I’m not going to take the trip there because it’s a little far and I don’t want to go and not know what will be open when I get there, but I also understand the guys who go and enjoy it. If I happened to be in Littleton I’d stop by, although I have been to Littleton exactly once in my life and it’s not somewhere I drive by regularly.

one-eyed Jack

Manufacturer
Dealer
NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0

Yup.
Thanks a lot. I just rent space. I don't manage, control or get involved in any tenant's activities. If you are ever looking for space, Coyote 33, don't come here. Jack.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks a lot. I just rent space. I don't manage, control or get involved in any tenant's activities. If you are ever looking for space, Coyote 33, don't come here. Jack.

But Jack!

I thought ALL landlords were responsible for their tenants advertising and public relations!

Say it ain't SO!

Top Bottom