The Mill is full

Just a quick question about the mill. With so many in there, how do you decide on who to see? I've been wanting to pick up something new for carry and have a LGS about 5 min from home but would still like to see this place.
Go there on a Saturday morning at 845am and look for the business(s) with the long line waiting for 9am opening . That's the business(s) you want to check out🎯

Just a quick question about the mill. With so many in there, how do you decide on who to see? I've been wanting to pick up something new for carry and have a LGS about 5 min from home but would still like to see this place.

W.t.b ads. Whoever has or can get what you're lookin for will reach out. Its navigating the Mill thats the adventure.

Does anyone know how many of the FFL's have a shop that is open on Saturdays? I'm planning to go there to visit a specific shop
on Saturday but wanted to know if there's other places to browse.

What they really need is a directory, including company name, phone number, email, and a map of where in the building they are, along with the hours and maybe a small one line description. This could be posted at the entrances, and also online and sent out through the mail and Chamber of Commerce.

It is much funner to walk around with a box of donuts waving C Notes and see who comes to assist you [rofl] [rofl]

How have I never been to this place? So Saturdays are best?
my guess is lack of advertising?
One Eye Jack does a great job of providing the space and letting us know it exists.

after that its tough to know exactly whats going on.
60 FFL holders there im guessing a good handful or two are running hobby 07 or such to play with the select type items and such the others are part time and have "other jobs"

either way i have not made it out there and I wish there was a "mill website" with the FFl listings and offerings?

I am in need if an FFL to do an in person transfer on Saturday AM. (MA approved firearm, nothing that exotic unfortunately)

Anyone in particular I should call and schedule with? Or does someone there do walk ins?

I don’t know about others, but I got introduced to the Mill when I responded to one of the guy’s ad on ARMSLIST.COM (only good for local FTF transfer, but use to be a good source of what was available in state). It was for a 10mm P220 I was looking for. Once you get introduced to one of the guys (and girls), you’ll get to know who deals in what. Most of them have their own special areas, but some of them are more like your local gun shop. I’ve done business with Dean Safety, Newtech R&D, Custom Defense Solutions, Minuteman Armament and a few others.

Just look at the NES Dealer classifieds and you'll see ads for some of them. If you see something you like just PM them and setup a meeting. Once you get to know the place it’s a real kick.

Many of the FFLs are there primarily to support their own firearms habit. I looked into it myself and took one of Jim’s “How to get an FFL License” classes. My main goal was to be able to own suppressors in MA, which really requires you to have an 07 FFL. Turns out the cost and time involved wasn’t really worth it to me (mostly because I live a bit too far away from the Mill to make it there with any regularity). But other people find it worthwhile, particular if you’re into MG’s. Since you do need to “be in the business”, all the FFLs in the Mill do sell firearms, though some only do it out of state via the internet, shipping only to out of state FFLs. Though others have full shops, with inventory and displays, just like any old LGS.

Recently made two trips to the Mill and though it ends up being a 3+ hour round trip, it's worth every minute of it. The place is a damn gold mine. If you're looking for some shops (and extremely knowledgeable dealers) that are the exact opposite of what @drgrant loves to call the Deli Ticket Emporium (best name ever, btw) this is your place. 👍

Back
Top Bottom