the mill in littleton directory

greencobra

NES Member
I was wondering if there was a published list, or directory if you will, of ffl's w/contact info who set up shop in the mill who are available for transfers. I know of one for sure but they are not always available in the time of need. just wondering aloud is all. maybe we could get a sticky?

I recommend Frontier Armory. I picked up on a Saturday and I think he made a special trip just for me. He offered to do a little free gunsmithing later as well. Can't beat that.

He's RJM95 here.

Please, I got lost there a few weeks ago on a Sunday wandering around. Went in from the front door and went up, then down, then sideways, and I think upside down too. It was a maze to me.
I know, it's not easy. The mill was built starting about 1900 or sooner. There are about 77 tenant spaces in about 100,000 sf gross area. Since it's on a hill, and the way it was added onto over the years, some areas are one floor, two floors, three floors or four floors. The FFL tenants are located 18 in one room, 12 in another room and the rest spread out throughout the building. To find the FFL tenants see my post on Littleton FFLs. If you get lost, feel free to call me at my office in the mill 978-486-8975 or at home 978-273-9177 and we'll send out a search party. Jack.

Damn Jack, you've built an empire! I've been there 1/2 dozen times or so myself. Didn't you once post that either the ATF or the Littleton police were mad at you for having so many FFLs in one place?.
The Littleton PD were bent out of shape for a while for having to issue the state licenses. Lots of delays. One of the FFL tenants who is good at dealing with this got the COP spanked by the town administrator and he got his shit together. Boston ATF likes us. They have approved 40+ guys no problem. Jack.

You have to go down in the basement to see the boilers, they're a work of art.
They are oldies but goodies. Were originally coal fired and later converted to oil and then to gas. The one on the right produces steam to heat the whole mill. The one on the left was used to run a steam turbine to generate electricity before town electric was available and is no longer in service, but on standby should the right one suffer a failure. The water is PH controlled with chemicals to extend the tube life and it has needed only one partial tube change in the 21 years that I've been managing the mill. That stuff was really built to last. Each year it gets opened up and inspected by the state. Jack.

Slight thread resurrection... I found The Mill's FFL directory, but I have no idea where (or with whom) to start. I'm looking for an FFL to transfer a single shot .22 rifle from another NES member to myself next Wednesday 8/5 early afternoon. Anyone have any leads?

Agreee. A directory would be great
Somebody should make a website.

Charge each FFL $10 per year to run it.

Each FFL should have a blurb about what they sell or do.

If I was in the market for X, I'd want to narrow down my search based on who provides that item or service and if they are open on the day I choose to go.

I was just there to buy something recently and will be going back Saturday to pick it up. I have to say that when I go back I may wander around the building for a bit. I love old mill buildings and would also love to learn some history about the place. Where's that narrow spiral staircase go to?
That staircase goes up to where we keep Egor. Be careful. He can get nasty if not fed on time. Jack.

Sounds very cool. Think the last time I was there was 20 years ago. There was some antiques place that the wife sent me to, to get chairs.
Have to check it out. Getting lost in a place with skatey eight dealers sounds dangerous to my wallet though.

Perhaps the mill should have its own forum section on here where tenants can advertise and customers can post questions. For example, a customer could make a thread saying they need a pin and weld; the FFLs could then respond with timelines and prices, making it easier for the customer to pick the right business - certainly much better than having to call 41 phone numbers for quotes. Maybe the vendors can even have a directory listing of the services they provide, along with ballpark prices?

Just a thought.

They are oldies but goodies. Were originally coal fired and later converted to oil and then to gas. The one on the right produces steam to heat the whole mill. The one on the left was used to run a steam turbine to generate electricity before town electric was available and is no longer in service, but on standby should the right one suffer a failure. The water is PH controlled with chemicals to extend the tube life and it has needed only one partial tube change in the 21 years that I've been managing the mill. That stuff was really built to last. Each year it gets opened up and inspected by the state. Jack.
I'd love to see that!!!!

Perhaps the mill should have its own forum section on here where tenants can advertise and customers can post questions. For example, a customer could make a thread saying they need a pin and weld; the FFLs could then respond with timelines and prices, making it easier for the customer to pick the right business - certainly much better than having to call 41 phone numbers for quotes. Maybe the vendors can even have a directory listing of the services they provide, along with ballpark prices?

Just a thought.
bump because of mill talk in tsusa today, that would be pretty sick.

Is there anywhere like that anywhere? The more I find out about the place the cooler it seems.

Back
Top Bottom