• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Mauser Shuffle - Rock On with a Rock-Ola M1 carbine

Wind gusts were only 30mph today. Have no idea why I shot so poorly yesterday. The sight was close to center to start.

For a little while I thought I shot out the center of the target. Turns out the paper was pushed to the right. I unfolded it and taped it in place; still not bad! Back to 50, then 100, and maybe 200 yards after the holidays.

t
IMG_3962.jpg

Last edited:
Seems the carbine was asked to do more than intended. In Korea they where put into offensive positions at ranges beyond its capabilities.
You don't here a lot of complaints From WWII about the carbine?
My great uncle (only wwII vet to live long enough for me to meet) said he preferred the carbine when they went into villages although he said the garand was the perfect rifle of its time.
Only thing he didn't like about anything less than 30-06 is the SOB's didn't go down and die fast enough.

Gramps was a Ssgt. in the Red Arrow Division and fought the Japs to clear them out of the jungles and mountains in the Philippines. Battle of Leyte, etc. Not a big guy but pretty muscular and tough. He quickly swapped the BAR he was issued for a Garand and was happy to carry the Garand every day. He wasn't a fan of the carbines, at least not for front line battle.

Wind gusts were only 30mph today. Have no idea why I shot so poorly yesterday. The sight was close to center to start.

For a little while I thought I shot out the center of the target. Turns out the paper was pushed to the right. I unfolded it and taped it in place; still not bad! Back to 50, then 100, and maybe 200 yards after the holidays.

t
View attachment 212831
We all have our days. First match last year i had 1/4 moa on the brain. Needed to come down 3 minutes with the garand i came down 12 clicks on the M1. Even with the RO say John WTF are you doing i still kept at it. Put one in berm to realize what i i did.

Also tey to remeber M1,M1a,carbine and AR windage knob Left is counter clock wise and right is clock wise.
Theres also about 5 minutes of elevation between each notch on the carbine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom