The Mass Licening Survey Launches Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was told no alp ltc cheif wont issuse unrestricted lta so im going to be getting "hunting and shooting" i live in watertown

Six weeks + one day from prints/photo still waiting.....

Got it :) six weeks four days from interview, fingerprint, etc LTC A no restrictions...................

Last edited:
Filled out the survey yesterday. The hardest part for me in the process was finding a time when the person in charge was actually in the office. Only one day a week and the first two visits I made, he was out on other business. Can't understand why only 1 specific person can do the registering.... Well lets just say I have my class A unrestricted and it was worth the hassle. I might also add that the officer I talked to was a hell of a nice guy. We did have a great conversation. Now I just need to get my wife in there to register.

Six weeks + one day from prints/photo still waiting.....

Got it :) six weeks four days from interview, fingerprint, etc LTC A no restrictions...................

I went yesterday to Medford for photo, finger printing was unnecessary since my prints were already on file. Now I don't remember what happened when I got an FID card but do I need to do an interview with someone? Or am I all set?

I applied in Barstable several weeks ago and there was no mention of an interview. Is an interview just subject to the Chief of that town?

Tom

Just got a call from a Sgt. at the Barnstable police station saying he had my license and they were now interviewing. As I am away, I set up an appointment for next week. It has been about 4 weeks from application to the call. That was much shorter than I thought.

Tom

Just got a call from a student in Dartmouth MA that was quoted 7 Months just for an interview.

I have an inside source at the PD, and they told me it was because the Chief wanted to slow down the amount of people getting licenses so he is restricting the licensing officer to only work on Saturdays. This is some serious #$%^&*@$

Just got a call from a student in Dartmouth MA that was quoted 7 Months just for an interview.

I have an inside source at the PD, and they told me it was because the Chief wanted to slow down the amount of people getting licenses so he is restricting the licensing officer to only work on Saturdays. This is some serious #$%^&*@$

Saw your FB post, email sent!

Ok, after I thought about it I should have realized I either misunderstood what the officer said or he missed the all important word "application" when he said I have your license here. I went in to see him for the interview and it was indeed a review of the application. He did say that it should be back by this time next month. That would be a total of 8 weeks. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Tom

Just filled out survey. Renewal, Malden. Applied 60 days before expiration, received today almost 30 days after application.

My new license says it's effective next month. Does that mean my current license is still "active" until next month, or is the renewal license active since it has been issued??

My new license says it's effective next month. Does that mean my current license is still "active" until next month, or is the renewal license active since it has been issued??

Yes, hold on to the current one until the new one kicks in.

Thank you everyone for the overwhelming response and support. We're off to a very good start. I'll be posting a pdf copy of the survey on our web site in a little while.

Can someone post a link to the results of the survey?

And just to be clear.. I shouldn't fill in the survey until after I receive my license? (If I live that long! [frown])

The survey is a data gathering tool for Comm2A and the results per se, are not published. It helps us locate trouble spots and identify individuals that we may be able to help. Because the data is empirical we're able to test the validity of many commonly held assumptions. We knew quite some time ago that Rowley was no longer "B-ramming" and from the survey we were also able to determine that, despite conventional wisdom, licensing in Boston is much easier than in many other towns and Boston actually issues far more unrestricted LTCs that is commonly believed.

It's a great information and research tool. Drawing far-reaching town-by-town conclusions is challenging because it's almost impossible to get a significant sample size across all 351 cities and towns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom