The Marlboro Man wont be having a smoke for breakfast.

MassPete

Instructor
NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The original Marlboro Man died this week at his Colorado Springs ranch at the ripe old age of 90 — likely because he never actually smoked cigarettes.

Bob Norris was an actor, rancher and dad who played the role of a smoking cowboy on billboards, TV and the pages of magazines for 12 years.

Skysoldier

Forum Curmudgeon
NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Back in 1963 we lived on Red Rock Ranch in Monument, Colorado. A production company from Colorado Springs did some filming there for both the Marlboro
commercials, and the Chevrolet commercials that were on Bonanza.

The owner of Red Rock Ranch was a retired USAF Colonel named Hugh Nevins, and he was an old friend of Bob Norris as well. Col. Nevins used to do some of the stand-ins
for Bob Norris, because Norris couldn't ride a horse for shit! My Dad and the Col. used to love making fun of his riding as they sat by the barn getting drunk together
at the end of a days filming.

We lived in the main ranch house at the stables, because the Col. gave us free rent in exchange for my 3 brothers and I taking care of the boarded horse and
all the rental horses for the summer. The Col. and my dad also served together in WWII with the 100th BG in England.

The ranch is gone now......replaced with a housing complex......but it was one of the most fun times of my life. I learned how to ride, halter-break colts, and how to treat
horses for worms and thrush, and even learned how to prep a horse for new shoes when the Ferrier came around every 6 months.

enbloc

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Everyone dies, but not everyone Lives.

This guy looks like he Lived! RIP cowboy.

Top Bottom