The Mandalorian - Spoilers inside I'm sure...

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'm still not clear on the whole do not remove helmet thing. From the flashbacks it looks like they have humanoid hair, so I'd imagine that their hair will get kind of long, never mind the need for shaving. Anyone has any clues on what the deal here?
I wasn't sure they meant, remove it in front of others, but I think he asked both questions - have you ever removed it? Has anyone seen you without your helmet?

je25ff

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Pro Tip....IF you have an older Samsung TV (as in made in the 2016 or prior) you CANNOT use the Disney Plus app or content. I know this because I got hit by this. Had to HDMI link it for my kids to watch.

beaker

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Pro Tip....IF you have an older Samsung TV (as in made in the 2016 or prior) you CANNOT use the Disney Plus app or content. I know this because I got hit by this. Had to HDMI link it for my kids to watch.
Buy a cheap roku! And see if there is a software update for the TV.

beaker

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Yeah, that or a firestick I've been told? Yeah, updated it and negatory on Disney +
Firestick works, i prefer the Roku but both good and inexpensive. You will find they perform better than the TV software and are updated frequently.

CoastieRon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Yeah, we have a newer Samsung and the other tv is hooked on a PS 4.

After eating and drinking all day, I'm finding it hard to stay up for the next episode ...

frenchman

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They explained the helmet thing. You saw him remove it to eat. Apparently the rule is to keep it on in front of others.

Reactions: hpm
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'm still not clear on the whole do not remove helmet thing. From the flashbacks it looks like they have humanoid hair, so I'd imagine that their hair will get kind of long, never mind the need for shaving. Anyone has any clues on what the deal here?
He takes it off, he explains that in the new episode. He does it when no one is around. I was wondering how he ate.

I love how they fixed a spaceship in the middle of nowhere, with some sh*tty welding and it was space worthy. Now that deserves an explanation.

Also, few people can take an entire car apart and put it back together, these dudes can do that with a spaceship, in a desert. Now that's talent.

RubiconLJ

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only seen 1-3 so far, but my prediction/fear is that it is Yoda's clone (the Dr was wearing a Kaminoan uniform), and this is a setup for Ep 9 with the Emperor's clone.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Given the timeline (post-ROTJ), 50 year old Yoda-clone is pre-Clone Wars. By a good margin. Hmmmm. Maybe Sifo-Dias (damn - is that who it is? I barely geek on this stuff but there's a thread that was NEVER fleshed out in the regular movies) stole Yoda-blood and made a single clone????

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The Mandalorian is starting to get boring AF. There is no story line here, every chapter is something different that is not really related to the last (at first, theybwere somewhat related, but the last one is just random crap) and for someone that is supposed to be a big deal, he makes some pretty stupid desicions. Like leaving the baby with some random woman, knowing people everywhere are looking for it.

Also, with all the computers, the baby still looks like a puppet from a 70's movie.

/rant.

Last edited:

TrackDayRdr

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Mandalorian is starting to get boring AF. There is no story line here, every chapter is something different that is not really related to the last (at first, theybwere somewhat related, but the last one is just random crap) and for someone that is supposed to be a big deal, he makes some pretty stupid desicions. Like leaving the baby with some random woman, knowing people everywhere are looking for it.
I **kinda** agree, but if you look back to early TV (think the Lone Ranger series, The Rat Patrol, etc) the episodes were common characters but a window of time into their adventure of the day with whomever it was generally heading in a certain direction. Mandalorian seems to be following this theme instead of being episodes of a single story arc. I see what you're saying but I don't mind it. There is so much TV that needs 100% of my attention, skip and episode and you're lost kind of thing that the Mandalorian seems easy to digest on a Friday night instead of something like The Crown, etc.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I **kinda** agree, but if you look back to early TV (think the Lone Ranger series, The Rat Patrol, etc) the episodes were common characters but a window of time into their adventure of the day with whomever it was generally heading in a certain direction. Mandalorian seems to be following this theme instead of being episodes of a single story arc. I see what you're saying but I don't mind it. There is so much TV that needs 100% of my attention, skip and episode and you're lost kind of thing that the Mandalorian seems easy to digest on a Friday night instead of something like The Crown, etc.
And that kind of TV show s*cks a**. Its like Law and Order, lame, over simplified 45min stories that say nothing.

Right now the Mandalorian is turning into:
- dude flies with baby and lands somewhere.
- dude makes stupid desicions.
- someone recognizes him.
- almost gets killed.
- baby almost gets killed.
- someone dies.
- dude flies away with the baby.
- repeat.

I hope I am wrong and they make some sort of story line.

CoastieRon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
And that kind of TV show s*cks a**. Its like Law and Order, lame, over simplified 45min stories that say nothing.

Right now the Mandalorian is turning into:
- dude flies with baby and lands somewhere.
- dude makes stupid desicions.
- someone recognizes him.
- almost gets killed.
- baby almost gets killed.
- someone dies.
- dude flies away with the baby.
- repeat.

I hope I am wrong and they make some sort of story line.
It's funny you say this. In some weird way I feel as though it's like the old Kung Fu tv show with David Carradine.

I'm really not disappointed at all.

silversquirrel

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It's funny you say this. In some weird way I feel as though it's like the old Kung Fu tv show with David Carradine.

I'm really not disappointed at all.
Mandalorians theme song. I hear some spaghetti western in there, but now you mention Kung Fu flute music too, the theme sets the tone. It could be a young Clint under the mask. It is actually the dude from Game of Thrones that got his head popped like a zit by the Mountain.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Wow. One weak episode and you all fall to pieces. LOL

A buddy of mine says that each one mirrors a classic western. I'm not seeing it, but maybe.

This week WAS weak. Should have shot the guy in the head in the cantina and been done with it. I think the whole thing was leading up to the last 2 minutes. Sometimes that happens. I'm going to give them some rope to hang themselves with if only b/c the show, overall, has been pretty good. But part of this is to show what the Mandalorian's life is like now.

The last episode he was looking to get some $ and escape. And then he was planning on leaving BY there. And he considered just staying. Then the BH's showed he couldn't. This episode was about being attacked. Then attacked again. It showed the constant vulnerability. Even in the outer reaches. I'm EXPECTING something significant to happen this week.

I was talking to my oldest yesterday about the show. She's a big BY fan. Like CRAZY. She's on a FB group dedicated to BY memes. LOL. She's constantly texting them to teh family. Anyhow, I told her she's gonna be greatly disappointed in Episode 8 or 9 when we find out the kid has a name and is no longer Baby Yoda. LOL

And remember - Bill Burr is in an episode soon. Bill Freakin Burr. Maybe he'll laugh Mando to death. LOL. "Yeahhh, you got that KID there. But have you seen my WIFE. what a F'ING LUNATIC that B-word IS! Right?" ROFL!!

Bob P

NES Member
Rating - 96.8%
30   1   0
I wasn't sure they meant, remove it in front of others, but I think he asked both questions - have you ever removed it? Has anyone seen you without your helmet?
You don’t remove it in front of others. It’s why he eats alone.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Bill Burr played himself in the episode. "I wasn't a storm trooper wise ass!". LOL. And saying Mando probably looks like Jar Jar Binks under the helmet.
oh was like "that guy looks familiar" then remembered this thread had mentioned Bill Burr was in it. He was great, he's kind of a scene stealer, I think he has some acting talent. A lot of good comedians fit into acting easily.

Top Bottom