• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Man Who Killed Osama bin Laden... Is Screwed

Did he read about how pensions work in the military? Or is he making a big stink because he wants llife handed to him on a silver platter.... all for just doing his job.

I don't give a **** who you are. You earn a living. Just because you shot some a**h*** doesn't make you more entitled than anyone else. How many other servicemen do their job and keep their vagina shut when they return home?

**** this guy. What a pussy.

He's screwed because it's only a matter of time before his identity becomes public. I'd be a bit worried just being the journalist who is publicly known to know who the shooter is and where he lives - since if someone can get to that person, extracting the info will be fairly straightforward.

Just saw this on hannity. The journalist tried to hammer the point that this wasn't about this guy, but about most career military guys getting out.

meh, I knew what I was getting when I signed up and when I got out.

However, if this guy is worried about his name becoming known, why is he talking to a rag writer?

why is he talking to a rag writer?
And just how long do you thing the rag writer will hold out if a member of his family is being threatened with harm, or if some terrorist sympathizer is going medieval on him until he talks?

And just how long do you thing the rag writer will hold out if a member of his family is being threatened with harm, or if some terrorist sympathizer is going medieval on him until he talks?

That's what I mean, if I were worried about being found, I wouldn't go doing jumping jacks and yelling about anything to the media, never mind trying to tug at the heart strings of people that are shamed into feeling bad for the .mil because they really don't give a shit about them every other day of the week.

That's what I mean, if I were worried about being found, I wouldn't go doing jumping jacks and yelling about anything to the media, never mind trying to tug at the heart strings of people that are shamed into feeling bad for the .mil because they really don't give a shit about them every other day of the week.

I could be a planned step towards notoriety. You hold a presser and then boom you get famous. Then you release the book.

The way this is written pisses me off. It's as if he's talking like he deserves something for what he's hyped in his head as "the greatest thing ever." That's bull.

im finding hard to understand how a former SEAL with such top rank mission history would have a hard time using that towards a private career post service.

law enforcement, contract security, consultant, trainer...so many possibilities

im finding hard to understand how a former SEAL with such top rank mission history would have a hard time using that towards a private career post service.

law enforcement, contract security, consultant, trainer...so many possibilities

His value will go up if he is known at "the one" - probably a distinction on par with earning a MOH when it comes to post service employment. The only thing is the later is something the serviceperson can talk about, whereas the former is something that must be conveniently "leaked".

The guy has 16 yrs in? Maybe he should reclass to a more family friendly military job and ride out the last 4. No one is denying him retirement, he is making a choice. If he has medical or emotional issues necessitating separation, he will have an element of retirement as well....
I can fully understand making a decision to leave and move on but same rules apply across the boards.

I don't get it, he wants to be able to speak openly about his missions and yet be unknown to potential revenge seeking goat rapists. He has a wealth of experience and knowledge in the military but wants a civilian equivalent of that. I'm sure that most businesses would be honored to hire him. Is he saying that .mil would not want him to stay on?

The story is bullshit. OIF/OEF vets qualify for 5 years of health care through the VA. This guy was in the Navy for 16 years and doesn't know these basic things, not to mention he's former elite of the elite with security clearances....all kinds of companies snatch these guys up.

I don't quite understand this....

Is the "shooter" ashamed of having elite skills that could land him any job he wants? Whether it be security for Billionaires or top officials? Or, maybe a consulting gig at a tactical development company? I'm pretty damn sure anyone who's an elite soldier can make their way around America or the world for that matter and figure it out.

Or is this a statement that he is not above any other one of his brothers and a lot of soldiers right now are having a hard time finding jobs?

I work with a guy who developed a technology that generated more than a billion dollars in revenue for the company. He doesn't feel entitled to a dime more than what he was paid as an employee. You know why? Because he couldn't have done it without the facility in which he works, his co-workers, prior research, training and capital investment.

This SEAL was trained, equipped and transported by the Navy. Had he planned and executed the mission on his own I might agree that he is the singular hero the article makes him out to be.

The story is bullshit. OIF/OEF vets qualify for 5 years of health care through the VA. This guy was in the Navy for 16 years and doesn't know these basic things, not to mention he's former elite of the elite with security clearances....all kinds of companies snatch these guys up.
I agree, anyone who joins the military knows they need to do 20 yrs to get retirement benefits. 16 yrs is not enough. The Navy did not leave him out in the cold. When he separated, if he had any medical issues he would have qualified for disability. Something is fishy about this story.

I'm torn here. Yes, the soldier knew that 20 years was required to get benefits. At the same time, this was the world's most wanted man and the US was offering a multi-million dollar bounty for his capture. Why shouldn't this team of soldiers get a "bonus" for taking him down, as well as the CIA agent who's intelligence got them there? Sure, maybe not the entire reward since they were doing a job they signed on for, but a bonus wouldn't be so bad.

How long did Daniel Pearl hold out?

For anyone who didn't see that video, journalists would simply cave before it came to that. He knew better than to talk to a journalist though. That's has PSGWSP written all over it.

I'm torn here. Yes, the soldier knew that 20 years was required to get benefits. At the same time, this was the world's most wanted man and the US was offering a multi-million dollar bounty for his capture. Why shouldn't this team of soldiers get a "bonus" for taking him down, as well as the CIA agent who's intelligence got them there? Sure, maybe not the entire reward since they were doing a job they signed on for, but a bonus wouldn't be so bad.

I agree with you that even though this crew was "doing their job" they should have all received a piece of the reward, or some other type of bonus for taking down the world's most wanted man.

I agree, anyone who joins the military knows they need to do 20 yrs to get retirement benefits. 16 yrs is not enough. The Navy did not leave him out in the cold. When he separated, if he had any medical issues he would have qualified for disability. Something is fishy about this story.
Yup, total BS. Why didn't he stay for 20 yrs? The Navy could have transferred him to Coronado to be an instructor and ride out his last 4 yrs. When you return from a deployment or retire you are guaranteed a physical in which you list all your injuries so they are documented. If his injuries are fact he would most certainly qualify for a disability. Since he's a Combat Veteran he qualifies for VA medical for life.

Qualifing for VA care is not the same thing as actually getting any healthcare.

The VA also doesn't provide any care for your family.

Why get out with just four years until retirement? Oh, I dunno... maybe he would like to live to see his children grow up. I've seen more than one veteran get out with 15-18 years of service because they were just burned out and tired of being the one who always had to go.

It's not like he could have just told the Navy, "Naw, thanks, I think I'll ride this out with some stateside shore duty."

But, like I said: he's nothing special. I've seen mechanics get the same treatment.

Back
Top Bottom