The MA licensing project

rep308

NES Member
Here is a challenge to my fellow MA based NES'er. I have a personal goal of getting 5 MA state residents their FID or LTC's per year. I'm a MA State Firearms instructor who has helped over 50 people get their licenses over the past twenty years. I coach a youth shotgun team and now focus on getting youth athletes their FID cards and have just submitted training credentials for 5 students.

I've already got my family and friends their licenses and now focus on youth athlete shooters.

I challenge you all to sign up family, friends and all eligible law abiding MA state residents. When you help a person apply please post here.

There is power in numbers people, please recruit, help apply and post when the application is submitted. I'm in the lead with five in 2018. I hope this is popular enough to ask to make this a sticky post. Please beat me and take the lead.

I'm working on three new ones - it's a long game on these three. I did help one other last year.

I think a nice side effect of this is also establishing a good network for these BS letters we have to ask for every 5 years to accompany our application.

Convinced a friend to do it two years ago, my boss last year, and working on the wife’s app this year.
Will make more of an effort going forward though.

got one friend who just had his interview in Peabody...been begging him for years. finally pulled the proverbial trigger

Well done! I’m still working on my wife, lol. I’m planning to take some coworkers to the range, probably have more luck with them first.

Are you saying refer people to you and you will do the course for free ?

No, I'm asking NES'ers to find people and help guild them through the process to their permits. Take them to the range, help them find courses and help them with the application process. I've run into a lot of people who believe the hype that "you can't get a license in MA". I am fully busy with my youth shotgun team and spend 4 hrs a week with them. I'm asking others to invest some time and effort to help recruit more people into getting licenses. Once they get one they will help fight to keep it.

I think I got ~10 people started last year. I've helped one so far this year; just scheduled with two more, and working on a third.

Helped three of my wife's friends apply so far this year. I think I normally average two a year, but will admit I do not push, I more enable. Take them shooting a few times. Offer to write recommendation and help with application, etc.

Five per year??? That's impressive. I'm humbled by that.

I'd need to be social in order to even have a chance at 5 people. LOL Or three. Or one. (Outside of my family, that is. Wife has LTC. D#1 turns 21 on May 30, moves to MO on June 5. D#2 is 19. I've got time.)

increasing the number of licensed people in mass is always a great thing to do. But better than that and more powerful than that would be their votes. For example ...Some of today's 16 year olds will be voting for the next potus. They need to research candidates who put 2A first. I know in Mass that is a difficult thing to look for but that is what will fix this. Calling and writing legislators and protesting outside the state house is all good. It sends a message. At the need of the day we need the tyrants out and freedom loving Americans in office. The votes will send a stringer message.

So increase the licensed people. Get them to join GOAL. Make sure you give them a history lesson and specifics as to what is wrong with each person currently in office and why they need to be voted out. make suggestions of Pro 2A people looking to take their place. And most importantly, have them talk to their friends and get them on board with all of the above.

Last edited:
I have 6 under my belt thus far (technically, 3 CT, 3 MA), and hunting for more. Thinking about getting certified to teach the class when I have a bit more time.

Back
Top Bottom