• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

THE M&P Family

I got the full size M&P from a fellow NES'er and he removed the disconnect. The compact doesn't have it either. I guess it's pretty easy to remove, but haven't messed around with it yet..

I got the full size M&P from a fellow NES'er and he removed the disconnect. The compact doesn't have it either. I guess it's pretty easy to remove, but haven't messed around with it yet..

That's good stuff! [smile]

Yeah I have a Colt 1908 and I HATE the mag disconnect. You can't dry fire it with the magazine removed. To strip the gun I remove the mag and clear the action....then I have to place the magazine back into the gun to decock the striker....then the mag must come back out to take off the slide.

Just that mag-in-mag-out battle is tedious. Not to mention if this was a carry gun, I'd have to unload the mag before doing any of this. Just more steps for almost NO gained safty. Also, like the cheezy witness hole on my S&W1911 it's capable of causing falce positives, which with a firearm are always dangerous. Of course no competent gun owner would confirm a gun as clear by means of a loaded chamber indicator or just because the mag well was empty....but people who are this smart are smart enugh to follow the 4 rules!

I don't like 'em!

Arrrrr

Back
Top Bottom