The "Liberal: argument for gun control -Not very liberal at all

Bill Nance

Banned
  1. If guns were illegal, no one would be murdered. -Ever. Crime would plummet because the root of crime is guns, not anything else.

2. Because carrying a gun does not automatically turn you into Rambo or make you victorious in every possible confrontation, they are useless for self-defense and shouldn't be allowed.

3. Otherwise peaceful people see guns and instantly want to kill someone. It's like crack.

4. Rights don't count if they scare me. If you disagree you're a fascist enemy of the people.

5. If we let people carry guns for self defense, it will be the wild west and people will be killing each other all over the place. Don't tell me about crime statistics in shall-issue states that prove me wrong. Those are all lies cooked up by the NRA. Everyone knows the FBI is secretly in league with the NRA.

6. The supreme court was right to find a right to privacy in the 4th amendment allowing abortions, even though that right is not specifically enumerated. The court finding that "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" meant an individual right was clearly wrong, because that's not the entirety of the Amendment. After all, if it's not in the constitution in such a way that there could not possibly even be an argument, it doesn't count. -Except for abortion rights, the right to healthcare, the right to...

7. Anything that scares me should be illegal. Individual rights only count for things I think are important.

8. People in large urban centers are not the same as people in more rural areas. They are smarter, better educated and superior in every way. But they can't be trusted with the right of self defense. After all, it scares me. It needs to be illegal.

9. Don't cite statistics or history or scholarly articles to defend your murderous obsession with guns. I know I am right. That's all that's important. Holding onto my failed ideology is vastly more important than your safety. Only a fascist would disagree.

You forgot the non-sense about being the second amendment being "obsolete" because we are "more civilized now...."

Despite all the murder, genocide, serial killing pedophilia and gangs that demonstrate otherwise (i.e. that little has changed).

if guns are the root of violence, prison must be a pretty safe place.
Amazing isn't it? I went and looked at the homicide rate in prison and found some interesting things... You are more likely to be murdered in DC than you are in prison, but the rate in prison is still quite a bit higher than in most US cities despite being the most controlled environment on the planet for weapons of all kinds.

You forgot the non-sense about being the second amendment being "obsolete" because we are "more civilized now...."

Despite all the murder, genocide, serial killing pedophilia and gangs that demonstrate otherwise (i.e. that little has changed).

That's the argument that I just can't fathom how anybody in the right mind (their left mind?) could possibly make.

The 20th century was probably the most murderous century in history - and true, a lot of that involved guns. But it did not involve guns used by civilians - it involved guns used by government. The typical person who makes all the arguments that Bill put in his original post - typically has NO problems allowing govt. possesion of firearms - despite all the historical evidence of what said governments do with them. But they freak out when you talk about a civilian owing a firearm.

Back
Top Bottom