1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

The lefties are back to wanting to pack the Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by calsdad, Aug 14, 2019 at 11:13 PM.

1. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

Senate Dems Give Bizarre Warning To SCOTUS: Change Or Face ‘Restructuring’

Senate Dems Give Bizarre Warning To SCOTUS: Change Or Face ‘Restructuring’

Even though leftists have damaged the Supreme Court beyond repair by legislating from the bench and trying to ruin the lives of conservative nominees with sketchy sexual assault allegations from more than 30 years ago, several Senate Democrats issued a bizarre warning to the court this week by challenging them to "heal" division or else face "restructuring" in the future — which is to say, vote liberal or else have conservatives rotated off the court.

---------------------

The brief comes shortly after 2020 hopeful Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) openly stated during the Democratic Party presidential debate that he would rotate conservative justices off the Supreme Court if he became president.

"I do not believe in packing the court," Bernie proposed. "We’ve got a terrible 5-4 majority conservative court right now. But I do believe constitutionally we have the power to rotate judges to other courts and that brings in new blood into the Supreme Court and a majority I hope that will understand that a woman has a right to control her own body and that corporations cannot run the United States of America."

------------------

Shortly before her election to U.S. Congress, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) openly stated that Democrats should pack the Supreme Court. "I think that we take back the House, we take back the Senate, we take back the presidency, and we pack the Supreme Court of the United States of America," she said.

Even liberal justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Stephen Breyer have denounced the proposition of court-packing. Speaking with NPR, Ginsburg criticized past attempts to pack the Supreme Court, such as when President Franklin Roosevelt attempted to do so in the 1930s.

"Nine seems to be a good number," the justice said. "It's been that way for a long time. I think it was a bad idea when President Franklin Roosevelt tried to pack the Court."

--------------------

2. Picton

Picton NES Member

Aaaaaaaannnnndddd....

Dupe.