The left thinks that the Supreme Court should "heal itself"

allen-1

NES Member
Senate Dems deliver stunning warning to Supreme Court: ‘Heal’ or face restructuring

Several high-profile Senate Democrats warned the Supreme Court in pointed terms this week that it could face a fundamental restructuring if justices do not take steps to "heal" the court in the near future.

The ominous and unusual warning was delivered as part of a brief filed Monday in a case related to a New York City gun law. Sens. Sheldon Whitehouse, D-R.I., Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn., Mazie Hirono, D-Hawaii, Richard Durbin, D-Ill., and Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., referenced rulings by the court's conservative majority in claiming it is suffering from some sort of affliction which must be remedied.

"The Supreme Court is not well. And the people know it," the brief said. "Perhaps the Court can heal itself before the public demands it be 'restructured in order to reduce the influence of politics.'"

Why am I not surprised that Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut put his name on this? They actually had the gall to put this into a filed brief.

While I'm no constitutional scholar, exactly what power do these liberal twats in the senate suppose they have to "restructure" the SCOTUS?

Court packing. FDR proposed it. If the Court fails to agree with them, the answer is to add justices until it becomes sufficiently liberal. The number bandied around is 15, lately.

Last edited:
While I'm no constitutional scholar, exactly what power do these liberal twats in the senate suppose they have to "restructure" the SCOTUS?

I'm guessing that they are having marijuana induced hallucinations where they control the senate, house and white house and the American people will sit by idly while they pack the court with hard core leftists. If I were sitting in Roberts chair I would be pi**ed that another branch of government was trying to reach in and intervene in an independently owned process of the court.

can court packing be done without a constitutional amendment though?

Nothing in CONUS sets the size of SCOTUS. It’s been nine members for quite awhile, but I think it’s been as few as three members before. Five, seven... never more than nine, I don’t think.

And another act by a conservative makes it 45 and they are totally F’d. Democrats have proven time and time again over the last decade they don’t think beyond 8 seconds from now. And then cry when the tables turn.
Their game plan is to take the White House and the Senate in 2020, then ram through whatever enabling legislation it takes (e.g. making it easier for them to cheat on elections, packing the Court, ...) to never lose it again.

"Perhaps the Court can heal itself before the public demands it be 'restructured in order to reduce the influence of politics.'"

"If the court won't let us do what we want it is too political. if it is too political we should use political authority to restructure that branch such that it will let us do what we want; completely altering the structure of an apolitical branch of government so that it interprets the constitution in my preferred way is definitely not making the court even more political because reasons."

f***ing fools.
We're at the point the founding fathers knew we would be someday.
Question is what do "we the people" do about it, and do we have the guts to do it?
The populace on both sides are continually being f***ed with by these "elites". I guarantee these a**h***s are enjoying every minute of it behind closed doors, because the crap they are pulling has no effect on them whatsover.

Last edited:
f***ing fools.
We're at the point the founding fathers knew we would be someday.
Question is what do "we the people" do about it, and do we have the guts to do it?
The populace on both sides are continually being f***ed with by these "elites". I guarantee these a**h***s are enjoying every minute of it behind closed doors, because the crap they are pulling has no effect in them whatsover.

I'm reminded every day why I bought my first AR at age 47. Until the left started going off the deep end I never thought I'd need one.

Impeachment. Appointments. Interfering with the promulgation of new Federal court rules (the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, FR Criminal Procedure, Rules of Evidence). Redistricting the lower courts by creating or destroying district courts and circuits. The Senate has probably some way of being able to interfere with funding.

Court packing. FDR proposed it. If the Court fails to agree with them, the answer is to add justices until it becomes sufficiently liberal. The number bandied around is 15, lately.

Correct although liberals tend not to realize that this will impact them in the future.

can court packing be done without a constitutional amendment though?

Yes.

Nothing in CONUS sets the size of SCOTUS. It’s been nine members for quite awhile, but I think it’s been as few as three members before. Five, seven... never more than nine, I don’t think.

Correct.

Right. An act of Congress can do it.

I believe the last adjustment to the size of the SCOTUS bench was in 1866 as a way for Congress to f*ck with Andrew Johnson. Practically speaking, SCOTUS should be an odd number of judges to prevent unnecessary ties that result in plurality decisions. Five judges is too small of a bench. Seven would probably be fine today. Nine will eventually not be enough unless litigation goes down in the face of increasing digitization of legal services.

I'm reminded every day why I bought my first AR at age 47. Until the left started going off the deep end I never thought I'd need one.
I lived in .CA about 20 years ago... in 'conservative OC. I thought then those people were liberal nuts. This is a whole different level. These leftists are literally insane. There were some ideas that I could have supported, back then. At this point, there is nothing they could propose that I would remotely be on board with, even if it benefited me. In the end, you give these people an inch on anything, they take it, along with a whole bunch of other insane shit and run with it.
Look at the whole me too movement... it was gaining support from many and it allowed many women to speak up, the left totally hijacked it. Culminating in the spectacle we all witnessed with the SC hearings. Now it's completely illegitimate and has set things way back.

The masks are coming off everywhere, it seems. All these Dems talk about these days is how badly they are going to screw all their "enemies" when they get power...as if it's inevitable that they will win next year.

Keep in mind that they speak in code. Anything that isn't in lockstep with their fascist ideology is "political"; everything they want is "for the good of the country".

The masks are coming off everywhere, it seems. All these Dems talk about these days is how badly they are going to screw all their "enemies" when they get power...as if it's inevitable that they will win next year.

Keep in mind that they speak in code. Anything that isn't in lockstep with their fascist ideology is "political"; everything they want is "for the good of the country".

The most horrible despots and dictators all thought they were doing the right thing earlier in their 'careers'. And they all used any means to justify their righteous end.

"If the court won't let us do what we want it is too political. if it is too political we should use political authority to restructure that branch such that it will let us do what we want; completely altering the structure of an apolitical branch of government so that it interprets the constitution in my preferred way is definitely not making the court even more political because reasons."

That's a good summation.

makes it 45 and they are totally F’d. Democrats have proven time and time again over the last decade they don’t think beyond 8 seconds from now. And then cry when the tables turn.

Let's say they win the game in a few years and pack the courts and then sit back and rejoice for about 20 years or so until members start retiring and suddenly the court swings in the other direction because the American people become frustrated with having left wing ideology rammed down their throats and suddenly the court is packed in the other direction. What next? Pack it again?

Let's say they win the game in a few years and pack the courts and then sit back and rejoice for about 20 years or so until members start retiring and suddenly the court swings in the other direction because the American people become frustrated with having left wing ideology rammed down their throats and suddenly the court is packed in the other direction. What next? Pack it again?
Long before that happens, you'll see a dissolution of the United States. The red states will (1) recognize what's happening is their permanent disenfranchisement, and (2) not be willing to tolerate the kind of lunacy that will flow from Washington.

The Donks have been diligently working on things like "election reform" to open the doors for more of their shenanigans. Witness "ballot harvesting" in California. Even here in Connecticut, there's this:
Advocacy groups call for special session on voting rights reform

They’d like to implement automatic voter registration, fix problems with Election Day registration and give residents on parole the right to vote.

Best not allow the Democrats the presidency and veto proof majorities in Congress or they’ll pack the court as they suggest, which would generations potentially to undo.

I can’t imagine the Court likes to be threatened? Although Trump says dumb stuff publicly about the Court as well.

No, there would be no swinging back the other direction. This is their end game. They're going for it, a final solution if you will, to the problem of people not wanting to vote for big government. They hope to import 10's of millions of illegals so they can all vote, and it is well known they will all vote for whatever is bigger government. And, they reproduce more, and the native population now produces less than 2 children per couple. There will be no chance of outvoting them in any state, let alone federally. At that point, we're screwed.

Dems can't handle losing and obviously they don't believe in Democracy. They're showing their true colors and Americans better be paying attention. Wait till either Ruthie dies or retires, the next Court Nomination will be all out war.

Ho-lee-sheet.....

Do you need any more proof that these a**h***s are fascist pieces of shit than the fact that they're trying to circumvent the fundamental system of checks and balances built into our society through threat and coercion? Jesus please let there there be a reckoning here. It will be so sweet when these f***heads find out just what they're dicking around with.

Back
Top Bottom