1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

The Left, the Wall, the Truth

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by wahsben, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Cipher

Cipher NES Member

We can do all these things. If we stopped giving billions to other countries it would be a nonissue funding wise.

Lip likes this.
  2. Super99Z

Super99Z NES Member

Correct, they aren't going to do any of that, its all a discussion in fantasyland. What I want to know is, what can we do that actually has a chance of happening?

3. Lip

Lip Army Veteran

I want a minefield. So there's that.

Tallen and M60 like this.
  4. Dench

Dench

We can't. We can't because we are a country of 320 million people and 320 million pet projects and interests. This bleeds over to foreign policy. Just look here on NES. I'd guess at least half of this forum is hard core neo con hawks. These people cannot get enough war. There is always some guy somewhere that needs to go and there's always a multi billion dollar mess that accompanies it.

-There are people here who support troops in Afghanistan in 2019. We invaded in 2001 and have had zero progress. Yet they think we can still pull it off if we do X, Y or Z. Few more billion please. Stack the bodies over there.
    -There are people here who support troops in Iraq and or heavy US influence in Iraq. Retrospectively every single friggin person in the universe would of been better off with Saddam remaining in power. Iraq is, has been and will continue to be on the verge of a civil war until it has one.
    -There are people who supported Gaddafi's killing. Not surprisingly that was a bad idea and has completely destabilized North Africa in that region. Libya has gone from weak strong man land to Somalia lite. It went from bad to "how bad can we make it?"
    -There are people who support US troops in Syria. Why? Who the f*** is the good guy over there? Mohamud jihad #1? or maybe #2? ISIS? Assad? Who the f*** knows. I have no idea. They are all crazy a**h***s as far as I can see. Instead we have US SF interacting with Russian SF. What could go wrong?!
    -There are people who support US military action in Ukraine. Yes, sure. Just make sure it's your kids on the front line so they die 1st, ok? Thanks.

It never ends. All the media would have to do is put a story out on Yemen tomorrow and the Hawks would be flipping tables over screaming to bomb whatever side the tv told them needed to be bombed. Nevermind it's the 9,093rd Sunni vs Shia slug fest to hell in the Middle East. Even with that war being virtually ignored by western media it's a straight up hell hole and humanitarian crisis. Does Not stop the US from giving the Saudis bombs. If innocent people are getting bombed from the air you bet your ass "US" is going to be stamped on that bad larry. Those weddings aren't going to bomb themselves (or are they?)

US foreign policy sucks. And its sucked hard since WWII. Now the Hawks are bringing the bullshit home. We have draconian NSA shit going on that basically everyone has given a pass to, we have boarder patrol with way to much authority over local population and we have neo cons openly saying they support lethal force on the US border against people not engaged in combat. WTF are we doing?

bullseye, Picton and NHKevin like this.
  5. Lip

Lip Army Veteran

I say how would you treat an intruder in your house at 1am? My nation is my home. Treat invaders the same. If you aren't willing to share your couch and refrigerator. Shut the f up.

Cipher likes this.
  6. new guy

new guy NES Member

Spend a trillion on it and make it impenetrable. It’s only imaginary money anyway.

7. cmcgraw2

cmcgraw2 NES Member

George Soros figured it out - he puts cameras on his Long Island wall. The thing with drones and sensors vs. the wall is, the next admin. can remove funding for surveillance but a wall is semi-permanent even if it's neglected.

Lip likes this.
  8. Dench

Dench

What invaders?

9. pastera

pastera

If you get rid of welfare the now hungry layabouts will work. Taxes could much lower without the handouts making the low wages affordable.
    Stop giving money away and stop waging war to spread democracy to people who don't want or understand it.

10. Cipher

Cipher NES Member

"Let them all in" said no founding father ever.

Dennis in MA likes this.
  11. Lip

Lip Army Veteran

Umm you seem to be purposely obtuse. But then your grasp on reality seems thin.

radioman likes this.
  12. Dench

Dench

I'm obtuse? You replied to my post with comments about things I didn't say.

13. Lip

Lip Army Veteran

So our founders imagined unfettered immigration filled with a population that at its core loves fascism? Please tell me all about it.
    Hear that its ice cracking. Just kidding I support your ant interventionist ideals

14. Cipher

Cipher NES Member

Let's just say if they were alive for the Hart Celler Act of 1965 they would not recognize their own nation.

15. Dench

Dench

I have absolutely no idea what youre talking about. If you don't want to talk about the wall that's fine.

16. Lip

Lip Army Veteran

You think the metoos wanted to see little LBJ too? Edit or do you think today they would accept LBJ saying those n*gg*rs will vote Democrat for 200 years

Cipher likes this.
  17. Lip

Lip Army Veteran

The wall is good , your anti interventionist screed is good too. Feel better edit scratch comma add question mark. ?

Cipher likes this.
  18. Dench

Dench

ok so you don't want to talk about it [rofl]

19. watchman

watchman

upload_2019-1-16_20-30-16.png upload_2019-1-16_20-30-16.png

Tallen and Lip like this.
  20. Lip

Lip Army Veteran

21. Dench

Dench

Hey if you're going to give me a hard time about being dumb you should sort out that quote [rofl]

22. radioman

radioman NES Member

100% for the wall here!

Visa overstayers are not coming here with 100lb backpacks of cocaine or heroin. The wall will stop quite a bit of the illegal drug trade. The people that say no wall because people will buy ladders are nuts? Why make a deterrent to any bad behavior? People will find a way to be bad no matter what good people do so why even try? I don’t know the exact number of people that die each day from drugs but I know it’s high. If that number was from gun kills the left would go nuts trying to ban guns. The reason people don’t want a wall is because they don’t want to stop all the future democratic voters from entering the country.

The dem’s/lib’s want power anyway they can get it. They’ve abandoned the Americans for the illegal’s. They have set up a narrative that states any criticism or even questioning of white/non-white immigrants/illegal immigrants makes you a bigot/racist. I can go on and on about this sick agenda but I’m sick of even thinking about it.

ldi, watchman and Lip like this.
  23. Lip

Lip Army Veteran

There are a lot of them here in our forum, some mods too. Walk carefully.

watchman likes this.
  24. Super99Z

Super99Z NES Member

Anyone have any ideas, other than a wall, that actually have a snowballs chance in hell of passing? Or just more partisan posturing?

25. Lip

Lip Army Veteran

Well trump can fold. Thus his base hates him. He can stay the course and NES liberals will hate him.

26. Dench

Dench

Importing illegal drugs? I'm pretty sure it's already illegal. https://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/...11/manual-pdf/2011_Guidelines_Manual_Full.pdf starts on page 141.

If anyone knows the dangers of street drugs on NES it's me. And if it's not me I'm one of the top experts, and none of that is by choice. The very fact that drugs like heroin are illegal is why the drug is killing so many people.

27. buckfarack

buckfarack NES Member

You are all for border security? That sounds kinda like when Dems say “we support the Second Amendment but...”.

Anyway, according to Dems we can monitor the entire border effectively without a wall so how can we not have the resources to monitor the portions of the border that have a wall?

Lip likes this.
  28. Lip

Lip Army Veteran

Yawn our resident expert has spoken. But did .Gov start it?

29. Dench

Dench

I'll tell you what. I'm going to remove myself from this subject.

I'm not going to talk to people who type "yawn" at my 100% horrific, sad, depressing and tragic experiences.

I've gone through way to much personal and professional trauma to have anonymous people on the internet discount my experiences like im an a**h***.

milktree likes this.
  30. buckfarack

buckfarack NES Member

Are you saying that if heroin was legal it would cause fewer deaths? You need to get a thicker skin if you’re going to make sweeping pronouncements and then get upset at the replies. And yes, it’s clear that you have suffered tremendous loss - you’re not alone.

Lip likes this.