The Largest Gun You've Conceal Carried

Yes you did,
arrow.jpg
Hrm, I spot a Sara, Mark, Chris, Mike, and maybe a jshooter?

XD fo-tay service model
I used to carry that all the time in WA and MT, but it's not that easy in the summer months.

Now it's just the M&P Shield 9, but I need to get an IWB for spare mags

FNH FNX-9 w/ leather IWB on my right hip....once, because I haven't been able to get the 10rnd magazines per Das People's Kommunist Republik of Taxachusetts requirements.

I've got a long torso, so shirts and sweatshirts are always short on me. I'm not worried so much about imprinting as I am about having my shirt/sweatshirt lift up and expose the firearm. Any other tall people have any recommendations to overcome this? (I imagine I'll be recommended to buy longer shirts....where?)

Try buying Tall sized shirts . You can also try Duluth trading Company shirts , I believe a lot of their shirts are cut longer . I feel your pain, as I have a longer torso also.

001.jpg002.jpg
hmm, this is where I really hate my carry methods. I've never carried a spare mag, I feel like I have no room left and it'll weigh me down. Like many know, I'm pretty thin and stuff prints easily. I've found that my SR9c and G19 carry very well as they are similar in slimness. So what's everyone's mag carry method?

Love the Safariland Mag holsters. Fits on any belt and looks nothing like a magholder to any of the sheep. More like a mutitool holster look.

I had one of these for my open bolt Mac 10 MAC_10__11_Rig_with_mag_pouch_and_gun.jpg Never used it . Colt gold cup is the biggest I carry.

Last edited:
in the fall, winter, and early spring i used to carry either a model 29 w/4" barrell in an owb holster. now my edc is either a ruger p345 or my 642.

bob

This exactly.

Hmm, this is where I really hate my carry methods. I've never carried a spare mag, I feel like I have no room left and it'll weigh me down. Like many know, I'm pretty thin and stuff prints easily. I've found that my SR9c and G19 carry very well as they are similar in slimness. So what's everyone's mag carry method?

http://www.dalefrickeholsters.com/products.htm
JOAB Horizontal mag holder. Wear it weak side in front of your hip (11ish or 1ish o'clock)

Ruger Redhawk (6-7/8" barrel; 13" overall) in vertical shoulder holster under a winter coat. Nobody had a clue.

Last edited:
Hmm, this is where I really hate my carry methods. I've never carried a spare mag, I feel like I have no room left and it'll weigh me down. Like many know, I'm pretty thin and stuff prints easily. I've found that my SR9c and G19 carry very well as they are similar in slimness. So what's everyone's mag carry method?

http://www.dalefrickeholsters.com/products.htm
JOAB Horizontal mag holder. Wear it weak side in front of your hip (11ish or 1ish o'clock)

I just started carrying a spare G17 in this same spot with a HSGI taco pouch that I wrapped paracord around the back of to create a "belt loop". I ditched the plastic slide lock and tied the shock cord off where I wanted it. It hides well, not to bulky and has good retention while being able to hold any pistol mag I own.

I carried a Colt Delta Elite (Govt size, 5" bbl) in 10mm in a pancake holster with a t-shirt over it, for a whole summer. It actually carried pretty well, but there is no way in hell you would ever not know you were carrying it.

Nowadays a Glock 21SF with a full mag is more or less my upper limit, and I'd usually much rather carry something smaller than that. It's just that much easier to conceal something like a G30SF, G19, G26....

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom