• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The IRS Is Buying Up Ammo, While The Government Intends To Make It Harder For Citizens To Acquire

IRS Criminal Investigation Agents. They are at any of the big drug or corruption busts. The IRS is the only government agency that can seize property without due process. This is how the cars, boats, houses, airplanes and all the other stuff gets seized instantly.

They say the same thing about the Coast Guard, fish cops (who may be state or fed but I'm talking fed on saltwater), game wardens, and a zillion other government agencies.

I think really any of them can, ie get arrested driving your vehicle all they gotta do is say they may need it for an investigation and even if someone is there to drive it they can impound it.

And unless there's a law backing you actually forfeiting the property, based on you breaking some law, they are gonna have to give your shit back too. IRS can probably show up and confiscate your couch during a routine audit legally, but if they can't link it to criminal profits then it's coming back.

You know the U.S. Department of Education has a SWAT team, right?

Most federal LE functions should be done by getting a warrant, and then letting local agencies serve them. And in the name of federalism, if the local agency refuses... oh well, too bad, so sad. Maybe revisit your mission statement instead of demanding unconstitutional police power.

Haha imagine that busting through you door "Department of Education" - "We have a warrant!".

No, and it never has. That bit of folklore came out of a 2011 raid, but was quickly walked back by the news reporters who got it wrong. They do have officers armed with shotguns, though. In 2020, the GAO published a list of Federal non-military tactical teams. It included two teams under the Department of Energy, and even Amtrak has a SWAT team, but not Education:

As we've seen in various states, including here in Massachusetts, cooperation by LEO's is far from assured. And on Federal lands, local agencies don't have any jurisdiction.
I don't know if that helps or not.

Back
Top Bottom