The Howard Stern Show.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Am I the only one here who gets strange looks at traffic lights when I have the radio turned up...
I've turned up the radio a couple of time while I'm pumping gas. I've gotten a few strange looks when the 4 letter words are flying. You get so used to it you forget that most people aren't used to hearing uncensored radio.

Mass-diver

NES Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I love the West Coast Feed - helps me catch up on something I missed. Am I the only one here who gets strange looks at traffic lights when I have the radio turned up with Carmen Electra on the Sybian? My Xterra has a fair amount of road noise, so I always have the radio turned up. One summer day, I coasted to the first busy red light in Pittsfield mid-Carmen and drew a few looks, as I fumbled to turn the radio down...[wink]
I drive an Xterra as well, so I know what you mean - I'm sure I have creeped out a few people when I have been too slow on the turn down.

The West Coast feed and the replies were really good ideas.

Chris

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Just east of Zone 9, but in Worcester County.
Not a Howard fan, but I record Cam and Company from NRA News every weeknight. The Stiletto 2 does this for me. Stiletto can also get programming over wi-fi (although it will not record this) and my SL2 will hold as many songs as you can cram on a micro SD card. (currently 16gb cards are available.)

I have an external antenna on my house with a repeater so I can get sat signal anywhere in the house. I also have a 'Boombox' to dock the Stiletto to which is how I listen to it 99% of the time. I'll use the antenna headset while mowing and unless I'm too close to the eastern side of the house or deep in the trees, I never have an issue.

Don't use it in the car as my truck's radio doesn't have an easy way to adapt the audio and as soon as I find work, I'm going to treat myself with a new car.

Sirius Patriot 144 is a breath of fresh air. I also like some of the metal channels. Always something to listen to.

Oh, and any time I'm listening to music, it records it as a "Radio Replay" so I always have something I can call up if reception is bad. On top of this, you can get streaming audio over the internet as part of the subscription.

Last Christmas my wife got me the Stiletto and a 'lifetime' subscription. So, I have no monthly bills. I had an issue connecting to my router for wi-fi access and they sent me the boombox free. Early this year, they fixed the firmware and I now have no problem with the Wi-Fi.

Now that the Sirius/XM merge is over, things should settle down and the quality should improve as they tweak the compression and such.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've turned up the radio a couple of time while I'm pumping gas. I've gotten a few strange looks when the 4 letter words are flying. You get so used to it you forget that most people aren't used to hearing uncensored radio.
Good way to let people know what they are missing.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had people at the gas station look surprised, and then laugh when they hear what is going on.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think the best thing that was on was the Artie Roast hands down . I was laughing so hard and so long my neighbor came over and asked if everything was ok.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I've been listening since he came on WBCN(used to come on nights @ 7pm!). Used to love the WWOR shows with Underdog Lady etc. Haven't been able to regularly listen for a long time since I don't get a chance to listen to any kind of radio. I do catch some shows on weekends with the previously mentioned Shoutcast - they have Howard 101.

Ned

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've been listening since he first came to WBCN. Does any one know what year that was? [thinking]

I think 93 or 94, I also started listening to him back then, we he was on tape at night, replacing Nik Carter. They were saving Charles Laquidera's job in the AM but then they moved him over to 100.7 and Howard went live in the AM.
In 2001 I cut my commute from 45 minutes to 5 minutes so I don't listen as much as I used to. I did get Sirius though, and I love all the other channels, we have it in the house as well as the cars and my wife plays the kids station all the time for the kids.
I like Buzzsaw, Hair Nation, 80's, Fox News, will have to try out Patriot Nation.
Right now they have an all AC/DC channel and an all Led Zep channel. I didn't think it was possible but I am almost sick of AC/DC.

Even though I have a short commute I still find myself driving a fair amount, just not Howard live time. I do like Howard news and all the best of shows playing during the day. Election season I had to stay away though, stuck mostly to Fox news.

Cuz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I used to enjoy listening to Stern, but didn't think it was worth subscribing to Sirius when he moved over.
Same here. When he was free I listened every day on my way to work for many years. I stopped listening when he went to Satelite. I actually like Opie and Anthony now.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't think it was possible but I am almost sick of AC/DC.
Same here. They replaced one of my favorites, the punk channel, with the AC/DC channel. I love AC/DC, but 24/7 is too much for me even.

Fixxah

NES Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I've listened for a long time and went to Sirius also from day 1. I think he does about 12 hrs a week now and takes a week off every month, every holiday, then two week vacation three times a year, never works Fridays. Aside from that I listen all the time. Internet mostly as my Sirius gear is junk and I will NEVER buy Sirius garbage again.

So, what's up?

I keep hoping for podcast so my useless stiletto will get used. The car dock antennas suck too. On my third on in a year.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Same here. When he was free I listened every day on my way to work for many years. I stopped listening when he went to Satelite. I actually like Opie and Anthony now.
The show alone is worth every penny pluss all the music, comedy, news,. you name it. Try it for a few month's you will be hooked.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I drive a truck and was wondering how I can I get him without using the trucks radio???Its a rental tractor so I cant change radios any ideas???

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've listened for a long time and went to Sirius also from day 1. I think he does about 12 hrs a week now and takes a week off every month, every holiday, then two week vacation three times a year, never works Fridays. Aside from that I listen all the time. Internet mostly as my Sirius gear is junk and I will NEVER buy Sirius garbage again.

So, what's up?

I keep hoping for podcast so my useless stiletto will get used. The car dock antennas suck too. On my third on in a year.
Yea the antennas do suck with the dock. I love my boom box I never had any problems with it 2 years strong now.

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I drive a truck and was wondering how I can I get him without using the trucks radio???Its a rental tractor so I cant change radios any ideas???
You don't have to change radios. The head unit has a built-in FM modulator that transmits a low power signal on whatever FM channel you choose. Set the in dash FM radio to that channel and it plays right through in stereo. I have a Streamer model that uses docking stations. I have one in my work truck, one in my personal vehicle and one at home. I pop the head unit out of the docking station and take it with me wherever I go. I also have an extra docking station with a suction cup mount, lighter plug and magnetic antenna that I use in rental cars when I travel.
I highly recommend Sirius for anyone that spends more than an hour a day on the road. I'm in a truck for 10 hours a day and I would never go back to terrestrial radio again. Most long haul truckers have it now too because you can go from coast-to-coast and never have to change the channel.
In addition to scores of commercial free music channels, they have localized weather and traffic channels for most of the nations largest cities, and plenty of news, talk and comedy channels to fit anyones taste. [grin]

Cuz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The show alone is worth every penny pluss all the music, comedy, news,. you name it. Try it for a few month's you will be hooked.
I'm sure it's worth it, just not to me. As long as there is free radio I don't need another monthly bill. What I save on satelite radio I get to spend on ammo. Gotta pick and choose where the money goes, there's not enough for everything.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm sure it's worth it, just not to me. As long as there is free radio I don't need another monthly bill. What I save on satelite radio I get to spend on ammo. Gotta pick and choose where the money goes, there's not enough for everything.
This is true.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mac daddy :p
I actually thought pastor Manning presented himself really well. And Riley Martin's call to him was very funny.

JoeT

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I'm listening right now. . .

I drove with my boss today, and she doesn't share my enjoyment of the show. So here I am listening on line while I check out what's new on NES.

Coming up right now. . . Eric the Midget

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
John Stamos offered to screw the Eric the Midget real doll. Eric refused to condone it. Howard and the rest were saying "Come on, you should be honored." Stamos asked him if he would feel better about it if they put a girl's wig on it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is. I think Howard likes to have him on because he used to be more of a typical Hollywood type, and now has this new and "improved" persona which is totally different.. making for humor because it seems pretty ridiculous. He seems like a good guy, and has a good sense of humor about being on the show, so I don't mind listening to him.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thats cool, to me people like that just drive me nuts If your into god thats fine but when you sound like a brainwashed dope I just cant help to [laugh] my butt off. so I guess he was pretty entertaining.

Top Bottom