1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

The Howard Stern Show.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by blindndead, Nov 12, 2008.

1. blindndead

blindndead

I know a lot of people are not fond of Stern but are there any fans of the show on NES so I can BS with and pass the time?

2. eisenhow

eisenhow

[rockon] I'm a LONG time Howard fan. I also listen to Bubba.

3. jdubois

jdubois

I used to enjoy listening to Stern, but didn't think it was worth subscribing to Sirius when he moved over.

4. jkap

jkap

Im a big fan....until he starts talking politics! I even get his on-demand show on cable and love it! I think Artie makes the show!

5. blindndead

blindndead

NICE!!! I dont listen to Bubba I am trying to catch what I missed on the Stern show wile I come home from work. Eric The Midget drives me nuts!!!!

6. MassMark

MassMark

I have always been a fan of Howard Stern and never looked to him for political inspiration. I also am a fan of Bubba in the afternoon and on again - off again with Scott Ferrall. Sirius is worth every cent - not just for Howard Stern, but the music/news/sports/information is just awesome. I haven't listened to regular radio in 3- years and don't miss it one iota.

I'm bummed I cannot get Howard TV and would love to work out a deal to get some burned to DVD is anyone is willing...

7. blindndead

blindndead

work out a deal to get some burned to DVD is anyone is willing...
    I will go 1/2 with you on that deal.

8. blindndead

blindndead

LOL Arties a mess, I had tix for his show down the cape and then he went to rehab that week.

9. MassMark

MassMark

I wrote Bababooey about getting HTV on iTunes and he wrote me back a nice letter stating that they are in an exclusive deal, (for the moment) with Time Warner/In Demand, but were planning a possible iTunes launch when they renew...His story about it being technologically impossible for Direct/Dish TV was BS, (he admitted it so). It's not about technology, it's about cable vs. satellite.

If anyone is willing to do some burning, I would love to have some HTV to check out...

10. ipscdrl

ipscdrl

Huge Howard fan here.

I've been listening since he first came to WBCN. Does any one know what year that was? [thinking]

I was so bummed when he left K-rock, that my wife got me Sirius for my brithday.
    Gotta love that woman. [smile]

It is painful to listen to regular radio now. [crying]

F Timmy the cat.

11. jdubois

jdubois

I agree that FM radio sucks, and the programming is better on Sirius. I've had the 3 month trial for Sirius in the past, and had XM for a while a few years ago. The cutting in and out that I've encountered from both XM and Sirius when the weather was bad or there were trees or buildings blocking the sky was annoying as heck and a deal breaker for me. I found Sirius worse than XM, but they both had issues. I've since switched to listening to podcasts in the car and internet radio like shoutcast at home. Much more programming available, no monthly fee, and no cutting in and out.

12. MassMark

MassMark

The "pig costume" story literally caused me to drive off the road....[rofl]

13. eisenhow

eisenhow

My sirius unit is tuned to Howard 101 24/7. It's plugged into an old PIII linux box and I record it straight to MP3 in 1 hour segments. A cron job uploads the files to a machine at work. I either listen to the mp3's on my machine at work (with headphones) or on my mp3 player. No drop outs, no missing parts of the show, and I can fast forward through the commercials (which are MUCH less frequent and shorter length than on testicular radio).

I had a unit that you could control via USB. You could read the PDT and record songs and automatically tag them. It only worked with Windows and was more a novelty. I recorded and tagged a bunch of songs. It just stopped working (probably a bad PS) and I canceled the 2nd subscription.

14. jdubois

jdubois

That sounds like an excellent way to do it!

15. eisenhow

eisenhow

It's all plugged into a UPS. I can't let a little power outage get in the way of my Howard listening [smile].

16. LKB3rd

LKB3rd

I listen every day. I too often have to turn the channel when he talks politics. Fred is the worst on politics. Howard is just clueless, Fred makes my head start to explode.
    I love Eric the midget... well, he is a bitter a**h*** lol, but it is hilarious when they bust on him. ZERO...POINT...ZERO haha. Now he's mad at Natalie Maines because he thinks the hookers aren't giving him freebies anymore thanks to her. He's delusional. His love interests are very funny too in general.
    I wish Artie would tell the coked up pig story for old times' sake too. It is hilarious.

17. blindndead

blindndead

Did you try to hardwire into your radio?

18. ipscdrl

ipscdrl

One of the funniest stories ever. [rofl]

19. MassMark

MassMark

I laughed so hard that my eyes teared up and as I tried to pull over into the breakdown lane I drifted off the road into the grass where I belly laughed until I got a headache...I had to keep pausing it, (another cool thing about Sirius) so I could catch the whole story....[laugh]

20. jdubois

jdubois

Yeah, I've had cars with both XM and Sirius built in.

21. ipscdrl

ipscdrl

Please!

I've GOT to learn how to do this.

22. Zappa

Zappa Road Warrior NES Member

You don't know what you're missing. The show is 1000% better now that's it's totally uncensored, and the commercials have been cut from 25+ minutes per hour to about 5 minutes per hour. Sometimes they go on for over 90 minutes at a time without a break. The guests really loosen up and speak their minds freely. Martha Stewart was on and admitted she had an "adult toy" called a THUMPER. ......... I almost fell out of my truck when I heard that [rofl]

23. jdubois

jdubois

Hey, what do you know, I just noticed there's a 128Kbps stream of Howard101 on SHOUTcast (undoubtedly being distributed illegally).

24. blindndead

blindndead

Was Beet on today? can you say crackbaby?

25. LKB3rd

LKB3rd

Yea beetlejuice was on. He is going to box another midget, who he claims is the one who craps in his pants... Whenever he does it, he blames it on someone else, usually this guy I guess. So, the winner of their boxing match gets to crap in the other guys pants. I think it is on saturday in PA somewhere.

26. MassMark

MassMark

Beet was indeed on today - he's fighting Dominic, (the midget who Beet always blames for crapping in Beets pants) this weekend in a midget boxing match...He certainly is an anomaly [grin]

27. blindndead

blindndead

Now thats entertainment [laugh]

28. Mass-diver

Mass-diver NES Member

Huge Stern fan here as well. I've been listening for years and I still can't get over how cool it is that they are on Sirius.

29. MassMark

MassMark

I love the West Coast Feed - helps me catch up on something I missed. Am I the only one here who gets strange looks at traffic lights when I have the radio turned up with Carmen Electra on the Sybian? My Xterra has a fair amount of road noise, so I always have the radio turned up. One summer day, I coasted to the first busy red light in Pittsfield mid-Carmen and drew a few looks, as I fumbled to turn the radio down...[wink]

30. LKB3rd

LKB3rd

I catch myself with the volume up, but through experience I have learned to be aware of my surroundings when the sybian segments come on lol.