The holy grail of AK kits

Yikes, $5,500 and reserve not met? Well, there goes the whole 'rare does not mean valuable' argument.

Auction view counter is almost at 4,000 at this time. It surely is garnering attention. Lots of folks are scraping up their loose change and selling off children, planning for bid.

I want to party with this guy and his AK!
African+tribal+warrior+with+Ak47.jpg

Besides looking like a 'real' military AK it is still only semi-auto - what's the draw here? Can someone put it in Mauser terms? Or like a Luftwaffe FG42? Just so few examples?

T

Getting a kit like that into the US is pretty much impossible. Think of a K98 that's been eluding you for years because of rarity and price and you'll understand.

I wish I could un-ban flintoid for a day so he could give the history on this rifle and this kit.

Besides looking like a 'real' military AK it is still only semi-auto - what's the draw here? Can someone put it in Mauser terms? Or like a Luftwaffe FG42? Just so few examples?

T

Think of it like a Mauser 13.2mm anti tank gun. Not many where built and only a few made it

It's a extremely early style ak made while they where working out production methods before the akm design changes.
7929f623b7da1c8b79faafc5988a2d51.jpg

I never new any one besides Russia made ak's like that . I thought they didn't start selling the plans etc till they switched to manufacturing the akm.

Last edited:
oh shit, I wish Flint could come fill in people's holes with nectar of knowledge, if only for one day. Surely, one day is too little time to un-ghey anyone here.

Definitely fap worthy.

The type ones were a short run to begin with. I don't know how many made it into the country, but I do know that it was very few. I have been heavily involved with building and shooting AKs for quite a long time and I have never even seen one in person.

I would love to own that sucker, but I'm afraid that it is little rich for my blood.

I agree, Free Flintoid!!!

I never met Flintoid personally, but if it weren't for his advice, I never would have built any of my AKs.

I'd love to see him back.

Back
Top Bottom