The Gun Room...?

I am a collector looking to move from the gun safe to a dedicated room where I can securely display my collection. Short of a bomb shelter, what would be the best (and Ma legal) way to build a gun display room??

As long as you have reasonable security precautions taken, such as a secure, locking door, bars on windows (if there are any), etc., you should be able to meet the safe storage requirements. If you are really worried, though, you could always add trigger, or those flex-shaft locks (which are free at most police dept.s). If you are concerned with theft, then you would need to add concrete, or steel walls, and obviously a stronger steel door, but as with normal type safes, nothing can prevent an experienced thief with an abrasive wheel from getting in. As stated above, the MA requirements are mainly for unauthorized use, and not for theft, so it really depends on your intent, and resources.

When I clicked on this thread I expected to hear a story about a store employee waving a machete at a customer.

thanks for the advice. I dont have the resources for a bank vault/bomb shelter style, but I can manage steel doors etc. I have also noticed that some stores have a wire running through the trigger guards on some long guns...is that effective? I would think not.

A solid door with a bolt lock, plus extra reinforcements in any windows would satisfy the MA requirement would it not? Provided you dont live in lowell or other very red towns.

Be sure to post pics when done [wink]

thanks for the advice. I dont have the resources for a bank vault/bomb shelter style, but I can manage steel doors etc. I have also noticed that some stores have a wire running through the trigger guards on some long guns...is that effective? I would think not.

For stores where the casual customer isnt going to take a pair of bolt cutters to the wire or trigger guards, sure. For you? I wouldnt waste my time with it.

Back
Top Bottom