The Gun Parlor

I am. Good range. I do wish they'd do a better job of keeping the target hangers and machines in working order though. Some days as many as half the lanes are unusable because they're broken. Not a big gripe if memberships are cheap but when you're paying 2x the price of other places they should be functional. Nice staff and convenient to have a shop on-site for ammo, targets, gunsmith, etc.

I looked at it and it is real nice and you can shoot anything. The 2 issues I had were its not 24/7 and you cant take your brass with you, for someone who reloads this is a big issue. The price is high but the quality of the facility is better than any other range I have been to.

I looked at it and it is real nice and you can shoot anything. The 2 issues I had were its not 24/7 and you cant take your brass with you, for someone who reloads this is a big issue. The price is high but the quality of the facility is better than any other range I have been to.
Why can't you take your brass w/you?

They say it's because they don't want people tempted to go out in front of the firing line to collect it and because they don't want to mediate disputes between members collecting others brass. Valid points, but I think the real reason is because they probably make a decent amount of money off of selling it to commercial reloaders or for a discount on loaded ammo. I will say that they are generally right on top of keeping it swept up - it seems like there's an employee in there sweeping behind the line every 20 min or so. I think they generally wait until closing to sweep ahead of the line.

Why can't you take your brass w/you?

Last edited:
Did you consider WPRC? 24/7 nice indoor range but handgun and .22 only. Dues are not bad and you can take your brass :)

Did you consider WPRC? 24/7 nice indoor range but handgun and .22 only. Dues are not bad and you can take your brass :)
Are you a member of the Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club? I went to their website and they said membership is full but it could open up in March. I am definitely interested. Anyone willing to sponsor me?

Last edited:
They have a few guns I'm interested in renting a a guest, however, their rules regarding guests disallow going there solo. Oh well...looks like a nice place.

What and where is WPRC? Is that Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club?

Yes. Worcester Pistol and Rifle in Boylston.

They also have 100-yd outdoor rifle range, outdoor pistol range and outdoor Shotgun? range.

Only downside to outdoor range is can only shoot till sundown (makes sense) and have to wait till noon on Sundays to shoot outdoors (also makes sense. Don't want to piss the neighbors off). These are VERY small things to deal with to get use of all those ranges.

They just re-did the indoor range a couple of years ago as well and significantly upgraded the facility.

Definitely worth a look if you are club shopping.

Yes. Worcester Pistol and Rifle in Boylston.

They also have 100-yd outdoor rifle range, outdoor pistol range and outdoor Shotgun? range.

Only downside to outdoor range is can only shoot till sundown (makes sense) and have to wait till noon on Sundays to shoot outdoors (also makes sense. Don't want to piss the neighbors off). These are VERY small things to deal with to get use of all those ranges.

They just re-did the indoor range a couple of years ago as well and significantly upgraded the facility.

Definitely worth a look if you are club shopping.
Are you a member?

My good friend is a member there, I'll be mailing my app tomorrow. I've had really good interactions with others while there and the 24/7 indoor appeals to me a lot.

Are you a member of the Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club? I went to their website and they said membership is full but it could open up in March. I am definitely interested. Anyone willing to sponsor me?
its not full and they are accepting applications. The website was supposed to have been changed.

I belong to MA Firearms School in Holliston. Half the price, can use own ammo, bring a friend for free, discounts on hardware, etc...

No rifle range, but I don't own one, so no issue there. It's further away, but a good ride on the bike in the summer.

While the club is currently at capacity, they will accept applications on a first come first serve basis (by the date the membership chairmen receives the application). There are currently 67 people on the waiting list. There is still time to get your application in. New members voted in sometime in April, I think. I believe you can have three personal references vs a club sponsor. I haven't looked at the application in a bit. Dues are $166 a year. If you do some work-party hours, you can lower that to $70 a year.

Jay

I am a member at The Gun Parlor and will not rejoin. I have found the customer service to be terrible at times and even rude. I enjoy shooting with my wife but they want to charge me $25 for a guest to shoot! We were going to go today but she said its not worth it for me to go. I agree! I paid alot for my membership and for her to join and shoot with me they will give something like $20 off a $375 membership. Give me a break! I have only been a few times. I honestly would like to cancel my membership and get a refund but I doubt that will happen. I will be going back to MFS. Cant beat the price and I actually prefer their target hangers.

They told me it was due to some environmental regulation, not sure how true that is.

It smells like pure bullshit to me, if I was going to make a WAG it's just a ruse to get people out of the lane faster if they're not
doing metered hour lane rentals.

-Mike

I have heard nothing but terrible things. Everything about them is over priced.
Charging extra for a guest, indoor only, shitty hours.
You can joking Hopkinton and The Boylston Club combined for less money and get awesome facilities and meet great people. Sucks that's they are the only kind of club/shop in Worcester. I wish I had the time and money to make some competition but it is what it is. I am very happy with the clubs im a member at and I will be adding Hopkinton although it's not next to home but it's truly awesome club

Back
Top Bottom