• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Gun Parlor helping the antis..

How exactly did the Gun Parlor help the antis? From what I read, all the owner did was say he wouldn't sell ammo without a LTC.

He provided them with his shop/range as a sound stage to film the entire piece, and gave them ammo to use as props. He gave them quotes to use and twist; we only know the ones we've seen on TV (who knows what else was said) but the simple answer with the media and guns is to simply SAY NOTHING because it will be twisted. This braindead piece of shit invited the devil into his home and helped sell us all down the river; this wasn't a cold call or a man on the street interview, he facilitated the whole thing.

How exactly did the Gun Parlor help the antis? From what I read, all the owner did was say he wouldn't sell ammo without a LTC.

They allowed themselves to get used to lend legitimacy to an anti gun hit piece- that end of it is mostly guilt by association kind of thing. Even if he never once said this, the optics readout is going to be "look businblah, there's even a gun dealer that said that people are breaking a law by getting ammo without having to show an LTC" .

Let's put it this way... it's like showing up at a Klan rally and going "I like everything about the KKK except for their racist policy, they have a lot of good values" or "Hitler was a very good nationalist, I just didn't agree with him about the way he treated the jews, but outside of that, he was a great guy. " [rolleyes] You can't even consort or get near those kinds of people without getting shit on your hands. " Boston media talking about guns" is exactly the same thing.

Teachable Moment: When is the last time a Boston TV news station has aired anything remotely pro-gun worthy on a primetime TV news lot?

-Mike

Then start another thread about ordering ammo from them. The problem started with people blabbing about what was on their website. Keep it up though, what's the worst that could happen? Linsky is probably frothing at the mouth about how to shut this down

He can froth all he wants but as usual the ship ain't going to go anywhere.

-Mike

Not sure if serious. Did you watch the video? Rosenthal has enough card carrying FID/LTC holders in his anti gun cabal that would do exactly that.

I'm not absolving GP of wrongdoing, hardly, by any stretch.... (in terms of being perhaps terminally stupid and falling prey to the media) but this nostrum of "antis never own guns" is silly. The worst antis are the ones that own guns, actually, if we want to get down to bones... Not to mention there ARE actually a bunch of shithead gun owners in MA that are like "well, mail order ammo is illegal and I'm a lawr abyding citizen... bweaaauuhh" etc. Just because you don't shoot with those people doesn't mean they don't exist. The number of douche LTC holders in MA is not statistically insignificant... I mean after all, where do you think all the shit ranges with their shit rules come from? They come from people with LTCs that have horrible mindsets and worldviews about gun ownership and gun rights.

-Mike
This is true. The amount of anti-gun gun owners is staggering.

Not sure if serious. Did you watch the video? Rosenthal has enough card carrying FID/LTC holders in his anti gun cabal that would do exactly that.

I'm not absolving GP of wrongdoing, hardly, by any stretch.... (in terms of being perhaps terminally stupid and falling prey to the media) but this nostrum of "antis never own guns" is silly. The worst antis are the ones that own guns, actually, if we want to get down to bones... Not to mention there ARE actually a bunch of shithead gun owners in MA that are like "well, mail order ammo is illegal and I'm a lawr abyding citizen... bweaaauuhh" etc. Just because you don't shoot with those people doesn't mean they don't exist. The number of douche LTC holders in MA is not statistically insignificant... I mean after all, where do you think all the shit ranges with their shit rules come from? They come from people with LTCs that have horrible mindsets and worldviews about gun ownership and gun rights.

-Mike

You may be right but I still have a feeling TGP and WCVB were in cohoots. Again the whole line about the troubled licensed gun owner - total trope in this ongoing narrative - and he's worried by thousands upon thousands of rounds being ordered no questions asked...and all they order for the actual story is 9 boxes of .40? Not buying it. Sounds like to me they needed to come up with a cover story for who really squawked on TS after they had done their purchase from TS and got a little too excited with the embellished details.

Last edited:
You may be right but I still have a feeling TGP and WCVB were in cohoots. Again the whole line about the troubled licensed gun owner - total trope in this ongoing narrative - and he's worried by thousands upon thousands of rounds being ordered no questions asked...and all they order for the actual story is 9 boxes of .40? Not buying it. Sounds like to me they needed to come up with a cover story for who really squawked on TS after they had done their purchase from TS and got a little too excited with the embellished details.

I'm not going to ascribe malice to GP's actions when they can easily be explained by stupidity. Lots of gun shops would love to be able to promote their business in a positive way, it's just that its patently obvious to me that GP was told and what actually happened were likely two different things... and also that, no thought was given to any potential bad optics of a news station spinning the shit out of something.

We've seen this movie before, remember? It happened to MFS a couple of years ago. What they thought, going in, was going to be an informational piece was quickly re-articulated and spun into an anti gun screed/narrative about "assault weapons" on television in the blink of an eye.

-Mike

The part where you don't say anything to anyone, because in this state it will always be used against you and against the cause. By opening their mouths about anything other than criticisms for the current czar and her twisted politics, they feed into the fear mongering propaganda that circulates amongst the brainwashed citizens in this state who are too eager to believe anything on the nightly news.

The part where you don't invite the media into your shop and provide a stage for a segment outing a perfectly legal practice then spreading lies and fear about the apparent ineffectiveness of existing policies.

The part where they're complicit in the AGs bullying tactics for perfectly legal practices.

The part where they ****ed us.

yup...totally agree.

I'm not going to ascribe malice to GP's actions when they can easily be explained by stupidity. Lots of gun shops would love to be able to promote their business in a positive way, it's just that its patently obvious to me that GP was told and what actually happened were likely two different things... and also that, no thought was given to any potential bad optics of a news station spinning the shit out of something.

We've seen this movie before, remember? It happened to MFS a couple of years ago. What they thought, going in, was going to be an informational piece was quickly re-articulated and spun into an anti gun screed/narrative about "assault weapons" on television in the blink of an eye.

-Mike

You could be right. That may be the simplest answer to all this. But the longer TGP goes without making some kind of comment to abdicate themselves from conspiracy in this, the worse it looks for them. They had time to pull down their Facebook review section but no public comment to flesh out their side in all of this? At least MFS came out within a day or two of when the 7/20/16 Interp broke and tried to save face.

Last edited:
The company selling the ammo, not illegally mind you, may like many others ahead of them decide it is not worth the trouble and just say no shipping to MA.

OK so you ship it to a friend in NH, which is great as long as they don't pull the " your credit card is billed to a MA address we won't do it" BS.

They allowed themselves to get used to lend legitimacy to an anti gun hit piece- that end of it is mostly guilt by association kind of thing. Even if he never once said this, the optics readout is going to be "look businblah, there's even a gun dealer that said that people are breaking a law by getting ammo without having to show an LTC" .

Let's put it this way... it's like showing up at a Klan rally and going "I like everything about the KKK except for their racist policy, they have a lot of good values" or "Hitler was a very good nationalist, I just didn't agree with him about the way he treated the jews, but outside of that, he was a great guy. " [rolleyes] You can't even consort or get near those kinds of people without getting shit on your hands. " Boston media talking about guns" is exactly the same thing.

Teachable Moment: When is the last time a Boston TV news station has aired anything remotely pro-gun worthy on a primetime TV news lot?

-Mike

Ok, I get what you're saying, but maybe the got conned by the news. It wouldn't be the first time they have done something like that. All he did really was tell them what any other shop in MA would have told them. He pretty much just recited the law. Unless there is more to the story that I am missing, it seems pretty harmless.

I should say that I know nothing about this shop or the owner. Never been in there

The company selling the ammo, not illegally mind you, may like many others ahead of them decide it is not worth the trouble and just say no shipping to MA.

OK so you ship it to a friend in NH, which is great as long as they don't pull the " your credit card is billed to a MA address we won't do it" BS.

Get a CC using your friends address, might lower your limit, but it should work AFAIK.

-Mike

Example;
Chris Walsh, MA State Representative, gun owner, and "friend" (his own words to me) of Maura Healey and fully supports her actions. Oddly enough I think he's a reasonably nice guy and has always been willing to discuss the issues, even though we don't agree.

Ok, I get what you're saying, but maybe the got conned by the news. It wouldn't be the first time they have done something like that. All he did really was tell them what any other shop in MA would have told them. He pretty much just recited the law. Unless there is more to the story that I am missing, it seems pretty harmless.

I should say that I know nothing about this shop or the owner. Never been in there

I love how you ignore what is right in front of you, seems to be a habit of yours. They gave them use of their range for a soundstage, shut down to let them film their hit piece there, and provided the ammo for them to use in their video. They are neck deep in this, there is no possible way they did not know what they were doing was stupid and was going to be anti gun.

Even if they were not the original people who blew the whistle on the online ammo seller (Still in the air) they went out of their way to help cut them off at the knees, likely seeing profit in knocking out a competitor. I hope, even if it is not likely, that they lose their business over it and wind up on the streets with their families starving. They deserve it, as enemies of a basic right willing to try to profit off of those of us who try to protect it.

Get a CC using your friends address, might lower your limit, but it should work AFAIK.

Another option, buy one time use credit cards at any supermarket gift card kiosk.

I think you can put up to $500.00 on them, service fee is something like $5.00 - $7.00.

If you're using it for online purchases, you have to register it.

Just enter your friends mailing address when filling out the registration form.

Oh well, another sell out. And what standing does the AG have to go after out-of-state businesses? When did it become their problem to keep up with her edicts?

Oh well, another sell out. And what standing does the AG have to go after out-of-state businesses? When did it become their problem to keep up with her edicts?

If you have someone with an unlimited bankroll and nearly unlimited lawyer hours that operates out of a favorable state court system threatening to drive you into the ground then it becomes your problem...right or wrong

The constitution requires that all states give "full faith and credit" to the acts of other states.

This means that a civil judgement issued by a MMC (MA Marsupial Court) is collectable from defendants in other states. Think of it as an extradition treaty for money.

It is also why the courts in NY have upheld the validity of a Vaughn Declaration demand from a MA court. A Vaughn Declaration is a requirement that the parents or grandparents of a divorcing couple provide their son/daughter in-law's attorney with a detailed net worth statement and copies of their estate planning documents so said information can be used against their child when determining an "equitable split" of marital assets. A NY couple tried to avoid providing the info, but the courts held that the "full faith and credit" clause required the NY courts to enforce the MA order.

Last edited:
Interesting information. How do they collect a judgement? Can one state seize assets in another state? Or does the Sheriff in the state/county of the business have to enforce the MA order? Can said Sheriff refuse to "work with sanctuary/confiscatory states"? LOL

The constitution requires that all states give "full faith and credit" to the acts of other states.

This means that a civil judgement issued by a MMC (MA Marsupial Court) is collectable from defendants in other states. Think of it as an extradition treaty for money.

It is also why the courts in NY have upheld the validity of a Vaughn Declaration demand from a MA court. A Vaughn Declaration is a requirement that the parents or grandparents of a divorcing couple provide their son/daughter in-law's attorney with a detailed net worth statement and copies of their estate planning documents so said information can be used against their child when determining an "equitable split" of marital assets. A NY couple tried to avoid providing the info, but the courts held that the "full faith and credit" clause required the NY courts to enforce the MA order.

Just change the billing address on your CC before placing your order. Then once it's done, change it back.

Some CCs allow for multiple verification addresses on file so when the vendor does a verify to the "foreign" address, it will pass, no need to change the entire thing. I used to have to do this for computer parts when I'd have stuff sent to my office one town away from the billing address.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom