The Gun Parlor Gets Un-Screwed!

Enzo

NES Member
http://m.telegram.com/article/20150512/NEWS/150519754/101478

A quote from one of the more stupid Worcester City Councilors.
"This is not the right place, it's not what Worcester is all about and not what we stand for. Let's do the morally correct thing and just come out and say that guns are not the way we want to go in this city."

No City Councilors, Worcester is the right place and about a predominance of social service agencies and storefront "religious" organizations that don't pay taxes, low income housing filled with generational welfare recipients, shot spotter gunshot detection devices because law breakers are shooting guns every day, gun shot victims who drive themselves to the hospital, Dollar Stores on every block and chasing out a legal, tax paying business that made something from nothing.
I hate to see the Gun Parlor leave the City but Justin would get a warm welcome from some of the neighboring towns that understand that legally licensed gun owners are not the problem.

Last edited:
Too bad he's getting that from the council. He's got a shop in what can be characterized as a transient area with nothing "income producing" around it...he took upon himself the opportunity to try to produce something on that street other than a big parking lot (Drive 1 mile east on it and roll-up your windows at night just to be safe).....I've worked in Worcester for nearly 30 years; and short of a few diners, I never go back to it after work or on weekends.

Backwards city, no forwarding thinking or proactive leaders. Same old, same old.

Hate to say it, but the city gets what it renders upon its citizenry and will slowly die as did the rest of the cities and towns of the industrial NorthEast.

Last edited:
If it were a strip joint, the planning and zoning board would say they have to do it. I don't see why this would be different. Isn't THIS the purpose of zoning?

If it were zoned "Residential", then I might understand their hesitations.

Should change his request for a methadone clinic all the retarded politicians would jump all over that as win.

Just minutes ago someone was shot on Fredrick Street in Worcester which is literally on the other side of I-290 from where the Gun Parlor wants to move their shop.
Police are looking for a white Ford Explorer in connection. I guess they won't be able to blame the Gun Parlor's presence in the neighborhood for the shooting. What are the chances that the shooter is licensed???

Yeah... they're ****ed... [thinking]

It also suggested that the zoning board seek input from the police chief on whether the proposed location
is appropriate for such an operation.

Councilor-at-Large Morris A. Bergman, meanwhile, said he hopes the ZBA delays acting on the petitions until first hearing from the police chief about whether what is being proposed is appropriate for that neighborhood.

Last edited:
Justin is good people love his shop picked up my baby there and can't wait til I have the money to get a couple more things out of his shop. I hope he moves out of Worcester entirely now and they realize he was the only business on the street not costing tax payers money.

This kind of thing annoys the hell out of me. I have a good/respectable job in Worcester, but this kind of behavior and bigotry from the City means that I would never consider living there. I will commute in and out as I need, but all my income ends up being spent outside of the city. Good job city counselors /golfclap.

Dakar652: Go to the ZBA mtg Monday next and speak on their behalf. Agenda not posted yet though. Chevk each day later this week.

Not too late. Nothing final has been decided, only malcontents who went before your Council Tuesday night to urge them to urge the ZBA to decide against the store's application for special permits.

To wit:

http://www4.ci.worcester.ma.us/weblink7/DocView.aspx?id=443297&searchhandle=32742

Last edited:
Dakar652: Go to the ZBA mtg Monday next and speak on their behalf. Agenda not posted yet though. Chevk each day later this week.

Not too late. Nothing final has been decided, only malcontents who went before your Council last night to urge them to urge the ZBA to decide against the store's application for special permits.

To wit:

http://www4.ci.worcester.ma.us/weblink7/DocView.aspx?id=443297&searchhandle=32742

i'm free next Monday...is anyone willing to help me come up with what to say? I'm a decent public speaker, and I've been working/living in the city at a few different points in my life. I'm also in the military, and could REALLY use a range at the end of my street for training.

Mike

- - - Updated - - -

This is bull shit. Do I need just more than 12 measly signatures? I can get that, I'm sure.

No dog in this fight as I moved from Worcester 10 years ago. You need some bodies at that meeting to help them out.

i'm free next Monday...is anyone willing to help me come up with what to say? I'm a decent public speaker, and I've been working/living in the city at a few different points in my life. I'm also in the military, and could REALLY use a range at the end of my street for training.

Mike

- - - Updated - - -

This is bull shit. Do I need just more than 12 measly signatures? I can get that, I'm sure.

I may be able to help. There is no way i can get night off from work though. I have no time. I can help brainstorm some talking points with you though

I may be able to help. There is no way i can get night off from work though. I have no time. I can help brainstorm some talking points with you though

that would be very helpful. i'm going to do some more research on the situation today, and i'm going to try to get my two room mates and my cousin to join me on Monday. I'll post it on FB as well in case there are any of my friends i'm forgetting that have an LTC or at the bare minimum support the 2A and are Worcester residents.

The proposed new location is 1.3 miles from their current location. I don't think the people in the big cemetery across the street (the whole green area) will be complaining about noise. I'll have to check my schedule for Monday.

prescott_zpsre3yuvmo.jpg

Last edited:
Good work and effort on doing this.

Whilst it is a 2A issue etc. for us, for the ZBA and the applicant it is more of a business issue, at its core, so prepare your argument/presentation/support arsenal from that perspective primarily: a good business for the area, improve upon empty building now there, history of being a good business owner, job provider, provider of needed/desired goods and services (firearms/trainings/ range proficiency), etc etc.

And most importantly from ZBA's perspective as they review the applicants request for special permits, that the proposed use and "grant of a special permit would not be a detriment to the public good."

good luck, thanks

Worcester blows when it comes to this stuff. I think years ago they pushed out "Boston Gun Range" too.

-Mike

I've been into their current location a couple times for some ammo and inventory browsing, nice setup and good guys.. Hopefully someone can organize enough of a showing to make a difference. I'm a non res and tied up Monday. Not good and speeches either but if there is anything else that can help let me know, I drive by there everyday on my way to my shop in Sutton, a range there would be awesome.

Last edited:
If you are a worcester resident or live near worcester, go to the meeting and speak on their behalf, what good people they are, professional, etc. If you cannot make it, write letters to the zoning board members. Even if you plan on going to the meeting, I would write letters/emails in support before you go to set the thoughts in the ZBA members heads these are good people and a business that is good for worcester.

Any clubs out in that area, rally friends there to at least write a letter. Any local board can be swayed by groups.

"a special permit to allow retain gun sales in a Manufacturing-General zoning district and a second special permit to allow a shooting range there...."

If that isn't an appropriate zoning district for this use, I don't know what is.

When a member of the City Council openly states that the legal sale of firearms - exercising an enumerated right is "immoral" how can one possibly assume that they are making a fair and balanced decision?

This needs to be brought up.

Not for nothing, but their current location is next to a hospital. The proposed location is a much better fit. Also it is an industrial area across from a cemetery, but residents are concerned about the range? Are people living in the industrial Park? I'm a Worcester resident, hopefully not for much longer. Backwards thinking like this from our elected officials is more than enough reason to get out. I hope the Gun Parlor wins this battle, and I will def go to the ZBA meeting if I can.

"It just doesn't fit. It doesn't fit the neighborhood and it's not an appropriate place for this. We should not have a place that sells guns and has a gun range that is next to a WHA neighborhood."

Translation: Poor people are bad and shouldn't have a gun store/range near their houses.

Ms. Russo said she is concerned about having a gun range operate in an area where children live not far away.
I just hate it when I'm downrange changing targets and my guns jump off the bench and run around the neighborhood shooting kids. These liberal twatwaffles are why we can't have nice things.

I'm asking this City Council to send a message to the zoning board that it very carefully scrutinize these applications and not approve them...

So basically that translates to: objectively review all available information, then do what I want you to do either way. What an arrogant tool.

Back
Top Bottom