• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Gun owner 'gap'.....in politics

In red above is the problem with this system, however. Who does better on the exam, the well fed kid who has time to study or the poor kid who works?

- - - Updated - - -

Satish, you're cool in my book. No sarcasm here. Dialogue is good. It's how we learn, especially about other cultures. And except for paying for college, you and I agree on everything else above, lol.
Thats cool. Never mess with a gorilla even a baby one... I forgot all this and went for a nice motorcycle ride and then took my lab to the dog park . Then doing bbq. Enjoy the weather. Plan to fire the smoker for tomorrow ... This is truly is a amazing country ..

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I come from a country where the brightest 20,% get education for next to free. Why cannot US do something a 3rd world country does. Blows my mind.

It would be simple but there's too much ballwashing for academia types. The government effectively underwriting a shitload of college loans is a large part of the problem. Most schooling is overpriced in america, because the government's meddling has removed price competition from the market. It'd be one thing if the government backed a basic loan up to a lowest common denominator; eg, equal to the cost of instate tuition at a local community college. Anything after that, free market should apply. That would get two birds stoned at once. Of course the hoity toity colleges wont like that because it will cause the amount of money they can charge for tuition to plummet, because they don't have the government backing student loans for a quarter million bucks for 4 years of basket weaving anymore.

-Mike

With the Dems outright hostile, and now saying out loud that they desire confiscation (and doing it in NY), why wouldn't gun people vote Republican? This article blows the obvious into graphical psychobabble.

Only 62%? What gun owner would vote for a Dem who criticizes Heller and advocates banning AR's?
"On Election Day, gun owners did in fact come through for Trump. Sixty-two percent of gun owners voted for Trump, according to data from the 2016 American National Election Studies (ANES). This was 4 percent better than Romney’s share of the gun owners’ vote in 2012 and 10 percent more than McCain’s in 2008."

I'm sure at least a few gun owners voted Libertarian.

I'd be behind that plan, Boatman. Although stopping people from moving $ out of the country is next to impossible.

Boatman for Senate, 2018!

Back
Top Bottom