• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Gun owner 'gap'.....in politics

Much like Sailor's snakeskin jacket, my guns are a symbol of my individuality and belief in personally Freedom.

[video]https://youtu.be/w85NLPB2wjQ[/video]

Only 62%? What gun owner would vote for a Dem who criticizes Heller and advocates banning AR's?
"On Election Day, gun owners did in fact come through for Trump. Sixty-two percent of gun owners voted for Trump, according to data from the 2016 American National Election Studies (ANES). This was 4 percent better than Romney’s share of the gun owners’ vote in 2012 and 10 percent more than McCain’s in 2008."

Only 62%? What gun owner would vote for a Dem who criticizes Heller and advocates banning AR's?

Gun owner does not = rights advocate, or advocate of personal liberty. the common moonbat gun owner refrain is "well, there are more important things than guns" etc. That excuse comes out every 5 minutes.

-Mike

Gun owner does not = rights advocate, or advocate of personal liberty. the common moonbat gun owner refrain is "well, there are more important things than guns" etc. That excuse comes out every 5 minutes.

-Mike
But w/the full court press the Dems went after gun control I wonder who these 38% of gun owners who voted for Hillary are? Where did these stats come from?

But w/the full court press the Dems went after gun control I wonder who these 38% of gun owners who voted for Hillary are? Where did these stats come from?

They are dems and wobblies that didn't like Trump. Some gun owners don't give two shits about their rights, etc. Also remember in most of this country they are not having the gun control shoved in their face, either. They don't really know what the heel of the boot feels like.

-Mike

Maybe the same people/incompetent boobs who were predicting a killary win??

I know of some anti Trump FUDDs who voted against him. They would be a sub set of the shotgun / deer rifle/ anti AR crowd.

The 38% is not a surprise for me. Have a good friend who owns a handgun and hunting rifle, but is a flaming liberal when it comes to politics. Also sees no need for ARs, AKs, etc. to be owned. While a good friend we typically stay away from talking about guns or politics as nothing good ever comes out of that discussion. I'm betting between FUDDs and people like my friend easily make up that 38%

The 38% is not a surprise for me. Have a good friend who owns a handgun and hunting rifle, but is a flaming liberal when it comes to politics. Also sees no need for ARs, AKs, etc. to be owned. While a good friend we typically stay away from talking about guns or politics as nothing good ever comes out of that discussion. I'm betting between FUDDs and people like my friend easily make up that 38%

That right there is the problem. Gun owners are a diverse group both demographically and ideologically despite what antis would have you think. There are many "moderate" gun owners, especially in blue stronghold states like MA, that are okay with UBCs, mag capacity restrictions, AWB, etc, but who own handguns and "non-killy" long guns, generally aren't involved with 2A rights organizations, and aren't vocal about 2A or COTUS. Compare this to the "moderate" anti, who is also supportive of UBCs mag capacity restrictions, AWB etc but are generally okay with handguns and "non-killy" long guns, except they have no desire to ever own a firearm, and if the 2A was repealed and all guns were confiscated tomorrow they would just go about their lives because it doesn't affect them.

Chris Walsh, state rep., gun owner, Healey supporter, Democrat. Who do you thing he voted for?

I would venture to guess that almost all 4.5M (3.27%) of Gary Johnson voters are gun owners.

I doubt that. Maybe like half of them are hardcore right wing libertarians, but the rest just want pot and orgies and have no real political ethos.

On the original point of the thread, fudds. Fudds are that 38%. The "I support the gun rights, but..." crowd. Some of them suffer from severe cognitive dissonance. It must be really exhausting trying to hold two opposing ideologies simultaneously, but I guess that's what happens when you own guns but get all of your information from TV and newspapers.

I didn't read the entire article, most of it though and I think you're all missing the obvious. Only 62% of gun owners voted the other 32% stayed home along with the other 130+ million that didn't vote.

Gun owner does not = rights advocate, or advocate of personal liberty.

I am inclined to agree. The left seems to overlook the fact that most people branded as a "gun voter" are just as concerned with personal liberty, and the right to bear arms is effectively a subset of that demographic.

as noted in the article:
"Gun ownership may be a proxy for some other variable that we did not include in the equation."

Chris Walsh, state rep., gun owner, Healey supporter, Democrat. Who do you thing he voted for?
He's a M*******.

- - - Updated - - -

Rosenkrantz is a "gun owner". Remember that
So he says.

- - - Updated - - -

I second that. Being on the brown color and an immigrant of the legal kind . I could never vote for Mr Trump .

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Why?

Why not? Trump has been in-office over 100 days and already has broken (abandoned?) his own timetable on a variety of issues, and pedaled-back on others. On one hand, he's so cozy with the NRA, and on the other the ATF still stands as powerful as ever. How's that NAFTA repeal going? He's got his base satisfied for-now, but if you're outside of Trump's base, you're not wondering if you're on his radar. You're not, never were.

He's a M*******.

- - - Updated - - -

So he says.

- - - Updated - - -

Why?
I always voted by candidate and then party. This time I got screwed by both the choices. I would have gone Republican . But I have yet to meet a billionaire born good guy who transformed any industry trough shear hard work.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I know tons of Gun owners from Boston area voted for Hillary or didn't vote. MA has no hope. And those people usually complain about how hard it is to get a gun here.

I would think of the 10 people I know who own guns, 7 or 8 would always vote D for President. Why? Their hot issue is the A word, and they will always vote the pro choice candidate. Most of these guys are ex hippies who just want to be left alone on all issues. But they are heavy anti moral majority types. Most of these guys are actually more small govt types, fiscally moderate to conservative. Not FSA. But also don't believe that Ds just want to take away 2A. One said, eh, 8 years of Obama, what changed except ammo costing more.

This ^ . I have several Fudd friends who are anti AR and voted for H. We stay away from politics and gun issues. There is no reasoning on the AR issue. That is how they manage their cognitive dissonance.

Back
Top Bottom