The Greatest Generation

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Ralph J. Lavallee, Sr.
August 27, 2010

LEICESTER-Ralph J. Lavallee, 91, of Leicester, died Friday, August 27th. His wife of 59 years, Dorothy J. (Shea) Lavallee, died in 2001. He leaves two sons, Ralph J. Lavallee, Jr. of Paxton and James M. Lavallee and his wife Eileen of Rutland; two daughters, Paula L. Goss of Leicester and Arlene L. Fraher and her husband John of Southborough; six grandchildren; five great grandchildren; many nephews and nieces. Three brothers, Adolph, Paul and Robert Lavallee and two sisters, Estelle George and Ruth Daly, predeceased him.

Mr. Lavallee was born in Worcester, the son of Adolph and Caroline L. (Larivee) Lavallee. He was a construction superintendent for many years in the Worcester area, retiring from Bechtel Corporation in 1984. Mr. Lavallee was a WWII U.S. Navy veteran. He was a member of Local 107 Carpenters Union. Mr. Lavallee was a member of Our Lady of the Angels Church.

The funeral is Wednesday, September 1st from O’CONNOR BROTHERS FUNERAL HOME, 592 Park Avenue, Worcester, with a Mass at 10:00 AM in Our Lady of the Angels Church, 1222 Main Street, Worcester. Burial will be in Notre Dame Cemetery, Worcester. Calling hours are Tuesday, August 31st from 5:00 until 7:00 PM in the funeral home. Flowers may be sent or donations may be made to the VNA Care Network, 120 Thomas Street, Worcester, MA 01608.

Me? I called him Gramps.

He lived with us and I was proud to have him here.

I have his dog tags around my neck now and thats where they will stay.

I'll miss you Gramps.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
you and your family have my condolences. our country owes men like your grandfather more than it can ever repay.

Last edited:

Skysoldier

Forum Curmudgeon
NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It's too bad that his obituary didn't tell us more about his service in WWII!

Because I bet his stories would make us all appreciate his life even more.

These guy's made a greater sacrifice than my generation ever did!

richc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Carl, I'm very sorry for your loss. The dog tags is a great way to remember him. I'll bet he's as proud as hell that you're doing so.

Best,

Rich

deadhead133

NES Member
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
My sincere condolences on your loss. They were indeed the greatest generation, and soon they will all be gone. Cherish the memories.

[halfmast]

RichM

Retired Army Veteran
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Rest in Peace, Ralph Lavallee. Our thoughts and condolences go out to Carl and to his family.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Sorry that you have lost the pleasure of his company, man. I hope you are able to pass along the accounts of his deeds to your own children, so that they can keep the memory of these Great Men and their accomplishments alive forever. The country needs a few more stories about Gramps to help those who would listen to remember the blood, sweat, and tears that went into their freedom.

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Carl, my condolences to you and your family. Just remember, he will always be with you in what he taught you.

[halfmast]

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I am very sorry for you loss, but I am glad that this country produced men like your grandfather. I am extremely thankful for his service. May he rest in peace.

groundscrapers

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Ralph J. Lavallee, Sr.
August 27, 2010

LEICESTER-Ralph J. Lavallee, 91, of Leicester, died Friday, August 27th. His wife of 59 years, Dorothy J. (Shea) Lavallee, died in 2001. He leaves two sons, Ralph J. Lavallee, Jr. of Paxton and James M. Lavallee and his wife Eileen of Rutland; two daughters, Paula L. Goss of Leicester and Arlene L. Fraher and her husband John of Southborough; six grandchildren; five great grandchildren; many nephews and nieces. Three brothers, Adolph, Paul and Robert Lavallee and two sisters, Estelle George and Ruth Daly, predeceased him.

Mr. Lavallee was born in Worcester, the son of Adolph and Caroline L. (Larivee) Lavallee. He was a construction superintendent for many years in the Worcester area, retiring from Bechtel Corporation in 1984. Mr. Lavallee was a WWII U.S. Navy veteran. He was a member of Local 107 Carpenters Union. Mr. Lavallee was a member of Our Lady of the Angels Church.

The funeral is Wednesday, September 1st from O’CONNOR BROTHERS FUNERAL HOME, 592 Park Avenue, Worcester, with a Mass at 10:00 AM in Our Lady of the Angels Church, 1222 Main Street, Worcester. Burial will be in Notre Dame Cemetery, Worcester. Calling hours are Tuesday, August 31st from 5:00 until 7:00 PM in the funeral home. Flowers may be sent or donations may be made to the VNA Care Network, 120 Thomas Street, Worcester, MA 01608.

Me? I called him Gramps.

He lived with us and I was proud to have him here.

I have his dog tags around my neck now and thats where they will stay.

I'll miss you Gramps.

Im right there with you bro! Its a hard time for everyone in my family especially me. If it weren't for my grandfather I would have never gotten into computers and design work so I owe my career to him.

Colbert B. O'Donnell 1928 - 2010 WILBRAHAM - Colbert B. "Boompa" O'Donnell, age 82, was called safely home on August 26, 2010. He was born on February 25, 1928 in Northamp-ton, a son of the late John W. and Margaret (Butler) O'Donnell. He was a communicant of Holy Name of Jesus Church. Colbert served in the US Navy during WWII and the Korean War. He then worked as a systems Analyst for Baystate Medical Center for 11 years before he retired in 1994. He leaves his loving wife Kathryn (Connor) O'Donnell of Wilbraham; 3 sons Robert F. O'Donnell and his wife Laura of Hampden, William O'Donnell of Hampden and James O'Donnell and his wife Doree of Granby; 3 daughters Kathleen Salvador and her husband Joseph of Wilbraham, Ellen "Betsy" Grenier and her husband Dan of West Springfield and Patricia McDonnell and her husband Michael of Ludlow. He also leaves his brother James E. O'Donnell of Hampden; a sister-in-law Ann T. Connor of Chicopee; 10 grandchildren Joseph and Mia Salvador, Ian, Lauren, Caitlin and Colin O'Donnell, Linden and Ellie Grenier and Marah and Aidan McDonnell and one great granddaughter Greer O'Donnell. He loved all his kids and grand-kids, and they loved him equally in turn. He loved and adored his wife of 53 years, Kathryn, and would do just about anything for her. He loved trips to Cape Cod and Maine, and he loved a great book. He is predeceased by two brothers John and Bob O'Donnell and also by his step sister Murial Richards. A funeral Mass will be held on Tuesday, August 31, 2010 in Holy Name of Jesus Church at 10:00 a.m. Burial will be private at the convenience of the family. Calling hours will be held at the Church on the morning of the funeral from 9:00 a.m. till time of Mass. The Grise Funeral Home is in charge of services.

Top Bottom