• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

THE GREAT NES 2016 CMP M1 CARBINE ORDER

Nice...I'm more anxious than most of you....I do not get to the range much anymore So I need to live through you guys.

And yet still no answer from CMP if it is OVER!
I called cmp on unrelated items but while I had the young lady on the phone I asked if if the all the carbines had shipped. She said I think so and I believe some payments have been going back.

Honestly I would love to see a TFB email sent out so I can use those funds set aside for other things.....I'm still hopeful

Last edited:
I will try to get some pictures of the Winchester I got. There is a thread on the CMP forums that is country wide that has more info about people getting them so gives a better picture of what is going on.

It is over for the carbine, I had a feeling I was going to miss the cut, so I sent in an order for a Garand on 3/14. Received an email today on the Garand order saying I was missing the notarized page, I replied I sent it in with carbine order. Judy from CMP said they have not gone through all the carbine orders to update info but the rifles where done. I thought I was going to have to re-send page 2A, but she emailed me back and said she found my carbine order in the first bid she checked and I was good to go. There were 5 mail bids full of orders for carbines that where not getting a rifle!!! Oh well I have a good order for a M1 in the works!!!!

Oh well, I would have loved to get one. Looking for a shooter with some history, I don't want a collectors item. M1's are listed pretty regularly on Gun Broker but prices are pretty high. The ones on the CMP auction site going for $1200-$1600. Maybe this summer things will calm down a bit.

keep your paper work in order guys, I would be willing to bet they will be releasing some 1903 within the next year or so. Absolutely no proof of this, just a hunch. The trend seems that a couple times a year they off load something. What we have seen the past few years, IHC, Lake City 30/06 and carbine ammo M1 Carbines, IHC again but no 03's or A3's in a long time.

according to John Beard, there are no bolt guns coming

It may be true but, I know what gets said, I remember them saying there would never be any more carbines, that was said for years...then the big release in 2005. How much lead time did everyone have before this last release???? Did they tell everyone they where coming 6-8 months before hand? I purchased my first rifle from cmp some time around 1998 and have never known them to say or know what they have that may be available soon. All of this is my opinion from past experiences... so I keep my paper work in order hope for the best and check my email from CMP sales dept

It may be true but, I know what gets said, I remember them saying there would never be any more carbines, that was said for years...then the big release in 2005. How much lead time did everyone have before this last release???? Did they tell everyone they where coming 6-8 months before hand? I purchased my first rifle from cmp some time around 1998 and have never known them to say or know what they have that may be available soon. All of this is my opinion from past experiences... so I keep my paper work in order hope for the best and check my email from CMP sales dept

One of our club members has been back and forth to CMP south for years. Volunteers , recently went to the build your own M1 last year ..... has a good inside look at what goes on.
They know exactly what they have in the wharehouse. They just don't know what condition anything is in until they unbox them.
He explained how CMP doesn't have a clue what the Army has until the people in charge at the Army say... hey cmp we have this stuff want it....even if cmp says yes it can be weeks to years before the Army actually does the paper work and process the stuff.
As for 1903s 1903a3s or any bolt guns or odds and ends they will go to cmp auction site.
Only thing I could think of why they didn't want to run this last release of carbine is they didn't want to wait to unload 5k carbine.

Not much there right now http://cmpauction.thecmp.org/

Last edited:
#177. Shot at 100 yards earlier this week; I might get out again today. I covered the hits, but you can still see them.

T

Last edited:
I didn't see all that many pictures or range reports?

I thought I posted photos, but I don't see where now. I didn't start a thread just added to it.

My Winchester.

image_zpszqfatve5.jpeg

image_zpsqm6djakh.jpeg

And the photo I posted on the CMP forum so people could bitch that I have more than one and it's not fair. Just like life, grow up.

image_zpsyh5hwpea.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom