• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Gospel of Smith & Wesson

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
In the beginning there was a great void. And this void was filled by the "front-stuffers" and the belchers of great clouds of sulphuric smoke.

And the Lord was pleased.

But the people cried out in their agony, "Give us repeaters Oh Lord so that we may spare our ramrods."

So the Lord brought forth his disciples, the one called "Smith" and the one called "Wesson" and commanded them to go forth and produce the "repeater".

And the one called "Smith" and the one called "Wesson" labored mightily until they produced the "Volcanic".

But the people were still sorely vexed and cried out to the Lord, saying. "Lord, give us larger calibers so that we may smite our targets with larger bullets".

And the Lord commanded that the one called "Smith" and the one called "Wesson" to go forth and produce larger "repeaters".

And the one called "Smith" and the one called "Wesson" labored mightily until they produced the "breaktops". And lo they produced them in various sizes and different calibers.

And the Lord was please.

But the people were still beset with plagues and misfires and they again cried out to the Lord.

And the Lord said, "What now?".

And the people beseeched the Lord to deliver them from the agony of having to break open their revolvers to eject their rounds.

So the Lord summoned the one called "Smith" and the one called "Wesson" and commanded them to listen to the people and answer their prayers.

So the one called "Smith" and the one called "Wesson" labored mightily and at last delivered the "hand ejectors".

And the "hand ejectors" begat the "Military and Police".

And the "Military and Police" begat the "Victory Model".

And the "Victory Model" begat the "post-war models".

And the "post-war models" begat the "named models".

And the "named models" begat the "Model 10".

And the "Model 10's" descendants were numerous and multiplied like the fruit on the trees and the animals in the field.

But the people were still vexed, and said, "Uh, Lord?".

And the Lord was troubled and said, "What the heck do you people want now?".

And the people trembled but asked, "Do these things come in exotic metals like Titanium and Scandium?".

And the Lord banished these people to the land of the "infernal, internal lock" until they could come to their senses and repent.

Lord I love Smith And Wesson.

You know, I called them on Tuesday. My 686P hasn't been firing well and it needs a tune up. They told me how to package it up, how to address it and apologized for how ridiculous it was. I told them, "hey, I'm from MA too so I know how stupid the laws are here."

The guy said, "hey, why don't I send you a mailing label and we'll pick up the cost of shipping so you don't have to pay for it yourself."

I got the label today. It's Thursday.

Lord I love Smith and Wesson

Every time we teach a basic course, we tell students to expect (and demand) better customer service from gun manufacturers than they've ever dreamed of with any car, computer, appliance or other consumer product. So one day were out at the range with some newbies when I notice that one of the revolvers is having occassional problems indexing properly. I take it out of the like-up and mention it to the other instructor, since it's his gun. It's an old .22 (IIRC, a Model 34) with a lot of miles on it that he picked up cheap, second or third hand, just for classes. After cleaning it thoroughly and looking it over to see if he can see the problem, he sends it into S&W.

About a week later he gets a phone call from them, saying that they've had a chance to look the gun over and asking whether he'd like the good news or bad news first. The bad news is that there's a part that's badly worn, and that, since it's a discontinued model, they're run out of any replacement parts. He asks for the good news, expecting that they might offer him a good discount on a new gun. They ask him whether he'd like a 4" or 6" barrel and 6 or 10 shots. A few days later he gets a new 617 on his doorstep ... no charge. That story is now a frequent part of the class quality/service discussion.

Ken

I had a Para that wasn't ramping very well no matter what rounds I was using. I really tried everything before I called. I was worried about limp wrist. Magazines. Wad cutters, round nose flat, flat, round nose. All of it. Didn't matter. It just wasn't ramping.

So, I called Para, they gave me a RMA number. I sent it in on Saturday. I had it back Thursday, cleaner than I've ever seen it before. And working like a champ ever since.

That's one reason that I love Para. I now own about 6 or 7 of them.

S&W has been superb in Customer Service!

My S&W 1911 had some problems thru my 3 courses this Summer whereby the slide stop lever would start to work its way out while shooting. Last incident was a continuous fire, moving while shooting event and the gun locks up. I found that the lever had worked its way out ~1/4" and was pointing up to ~1 o'clock.

I called S&W and they sent a pre-paid label. Replaced the lever, some springs, etc. and shipped it back at warp speed. Only complaint was that FedEx just dropped it at my door without ringing the bell . . . I was sitting in my office 15' away. Only found it when I went out to retrieve the recycle bin (trash day) and spotted the box on the steps. I even have a sign on the door to bring all packages to the door by my office and ring the bell . . . FedEx drivers don't have to be able to read to get their jobs!

My UPS driver is well trained, the rest of them are impossible (untrainable)!

Back
Top Bottom