The GOAL Volunteer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to see if all the loudmouths put up. We'll be in touch as event plans materialize.

don't take the criticism personally, it's all constructive. There is a lot of anger that needs an outlet and if Moar dies in a scissoring accident there will be less volunteers who want to do anything.

step 1. you don't need a staff member to coordinate volunteers, a volunteer can coordinate other volunteers like keep track of contacts, availability and skills.

step 2. I think that people want action now, don't you guys have a list of projects that you want to move along? Here is an idea, we got what 25k signatures on a petition to Baker? I believe less and less that there are actually 400k gun owners in this state, more like 50-75 or less. Why are we not reaching them? Hey, that sounds like a task in itself. A lot of guys here are more than monkeys, we can take a problem and turn it into solution, if not under the GOAL banner then another banner. People need some banner to rally under, it may not be what GOAL's mission is, exactly, but we need a seed.

don't take the criticism personally, it's all constructive. There is a lot of anger that needs an outlet and if Moar dies in a scissoring accident there will be less volunteers who want to do anything.

step 1. you don't need a staff member to coordinate volunteers, a volunteer can coordinate other volunteers like keep track of contacts, availability and skills.

step 2. I think that people want action now, don't you guys have a list of projects that you want to move along? Here is an idea, we got what 25k signatures on a petition to Baker? I believe less and less that there are actually 400k gun owners in this state, more like 50-75 or less. Why are we not reaching them? Hey, that sounds like a task in itself. A lot of guys here are more than monkeys, we can take a problem and turn it into solution, if not under the GOAL banner then another banner. People need some banner to rally under, it may not be what GOAL's mission is, exactly, but we need a seed.

We don't have a list of projects awaiting manpower to move them along. We can't operate that way - we can't depend on volunteers. The reason being that there are very few volunteers when there's no crisis.

GOAL is very lean because GOAL can't afford not to be. We've learned to be self-sufficient with only 4 full time employees. There used to be five, but one was laid off when the memberships lapsed and donations tapered off after the failed gun control push by the legislature in 2014. Anything long-term that depends on volunteers goes to shit. People lose interest when there's no immediate threat, and when there is, they demand a lot of GOAL. We're used to it.

Be patient. We are going to need volunteers for specific tasks very soon.

Last edited:
I sent GOAL volunteer email right after the rally was over. We are going to have to show as much determination to keeping what they are determined to take away. Stay strong!

Can somebody put together a flyer or 'leave-behind' piece for regular people that focuses more on the over-reach aspects of this than the specific gun stuff?

If you send it to me in any form, I'll make it a PDF and post it so people can get at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom