• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The GOAL Podcast

The GOAL Podcast

NES Member
Hey, all!

The GOAL Podcast, the official podcast of Gun Owners' Action League, is back with an all-new format, new hosts, and new topics for the Massachusetts gun owner! We'll cover a broad range of topics, from Mass gun laws, GOAL's advocacy and legislative efforts, as well as technical and general Second Amendment topics from across the firearms industry and enthusiast world. We'll also bring in special guests and host discussion panels, but we also want to hear from you!

If you're a member of a local club or sporting association and have public news to share with us, or if there are other 2A-related topics in your town that you want to discuss, or even if you have show ideas or tips and tricks, please let us know here or drop us a line!

Send us an email:
[email protected]

Like and follow up on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/GOALPodcastMA

Listen and subscribe to The GOAL Podcast at the following link:

Or find us on Apple, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or anywhere you get your podcasts.

Please listen, subscribe, and help us spread the word! We look forward to hearing from you!

The GOAL Podcast is a production of Gun Owners' Action League of Massachusetts. The views expressed are those of the hosts and guests and do not necessarily reflect those of GOAL, its staff, or affiliates.

Last edited:
Episode 32 - GOAL's Jake Zandi (11/13/20)

New episode! In this episode we sit down with Zake Zandi, GOAL's Director of Public Relations. Also, election wrap up, October's EOPSS roster update, and What's In Your Range Bag?

Listen in and be sure to subscribe anywhere you get your podcasts!

View: https://goalpodcast.libsyn.com/goals-jake-zandi

Stay tuned for this week's podcast, releasing in just a few days: We have Jon Green, GOAL's Director of Education and Training in studio with us!

For more than 20 years now, Jon has been with GOAL, helping to spread the word and educate thousands of Massachusetts gun owners. He sat down with us to talk hunting, training, Mass law, and more!

Be sure to subscribe to The GOAL Podcast and never miss an episode! Find us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts. You can also find us on the web:

https://goalpodcast.libsyn.com/

20201123_215204.jpg

I am a new LTC holder, and the GOAL website was a great resource when I was applying for my LTC. I just joined GOAL and have been catching up on your podcast. Consider me subscribed! Thanks for all of the great information for folks like me who are new to firearms.

We appreciate the feedback and are always glad to be a part of growing the 2A community here. We'd love to hear from listeners and GOAL members, so let us know your thoughts on what you hear and what you'd like to hear us talk about going forward!

Thanks!

We appreciate the feedback and are always glad to be a part of growing the 2A community here. We'd love to hear from listeners and GOAL members, so let us know your thoughts on what you hear and what you'd like to hear us talk about going forward!

Thanks!
Although very basic, I think a lot of LTC holders would benefit from a podcast, or a portion of some podcasts, that cover topics like the accessory items a new firearm owner should have (eye protection, ear protection, basic cleaning kit, clothing for the range) and some refresher discussions of carrying and transporting firearms in Massachusetts. from reading the forum on this site, it looks like there are a lot of new folks who have some basic questions that they would like clarification on. I see a lot of members on here ask some basic questions and the majority of responses are “this has been discussed, search the forum.” That’s not an entirely unfair response because most of the topics have been previously discussed, but, I know that when I’ve looked at some of the more basic questions previously asked relating to the relevant M.G.L. On a topic, the thread is either very old, or there are helpful responses mixed with some questionable interpretations, which I think speaks more to the poor drafting of the M.G.L. than to anything else. Of course additional training and practice are essential.

Although very basic, I think a lot of LTC holders would benefit from a podcast, or a portion of some podcasts, that cover topics like the accessory items a new firearm owner should have (eye protection, ear protection, basic cleaning kit, clothing for the range) and some refresher discussions of carrying and transporting firearms in Massachusetts. from reading the forum on this site, it looks like there are a lot of new folks who have some basic questions that they would like clarification on. I see a lot of members on here ask some basic questions and the majority of responses are “this has been discussed, search the forum.” That’s not an entirely unfair response because most of the topics have been previously discussed, but, I know that when I’ve looked at some of the more basic questions previously asked relating to the relevant M.G.L. On a topic, the thread is either very old, or there are helpful responses mixed with some questionable interpretations, which I think speaks more to the poor drafting of the M.G.L. than to anything else. Of course additional training and practice are essential.

This is great stuff. We are trying to strike that balance between the basic material for new shooters, some of the more advanced technical topics, and history, which I always find fascinating. Ultimately our goal (pun intended) is to increase awareness of all of these topics within the... unique... context of Massachusetts' gun laws and GOAL's advocacy and legislative efforts here. We would like to have a little something for everyone!

Having input like this is great for us. Thanks and keep it coming!

A podcast discussing the history of gun control in Mass, starting when the first gun permits were issued thru the 2014 law. Include the attempt to ban all handguns that IIRC was the impetus that resulted in GOAL's creation.

A podcast discussing the history of gun control in Mass, starting when the first gun permits were issued thru the 2014 law. Include the attempt to ban all handguns that IIRC was the impetus that resulted in GOAL's creation.

I like this one. The history is always interesting to me, although it would be better if it wasn't a history of attacks on liberty. Question 5 it was, I believe... John Buckley and his "People vs. Handguns" mess.

Episode 34 is available for download!

In this episode we are on location at Mansfield Fish and Game as they celebrate the opening of their brand new indoor range! Also, we talk about the GOAL/Comm2A legal action and share some holiday gift ideas for the gun person in your life!

Be sure to listen and subscribe!

View: https://goalpodcast.libsyn.com/mansfield-fg-indoor-range-opening

I like this one. The history is always interesting to me, although it would be better if it wasn't a history of attacks on liberty. Question 5 it was, I believe... John Buckley and his "People vs. Handguns" mess.
It goes back a lot further than that. Atty Karen MacNutt (would be a good guest for it) wrote it all up for a court case. Karen was the first GOAL attorney and BOD member back when GOAL was formed in 1974. She's the person responsible for getting me active with GOAL and legislative issues back in 1976 when I got my first FID and LTC.

Big things happening in 2021! Join us as we grow and develop, bringing in new topics and advancing the cause of 2nd Amendment civil rights here in the Commonwealth!

Remember, if your local club or town has anything 2A-related going on we want to know about it! Share it with us here on NES or by email to [email protected].

Subscribe using this link, just hit the button for your favorite podcast service, or listen right from your web browser:

Be sure to listen and subscribe, and spread the word. Together our voices cannot be ignored!

https://www.goal.org/

Attachments

• 20210103_202336.jpg
    20210103_202336.jpg
    338.5 KB · Views: 2
timdel
Hey, all!

The GOAL Podcast, the official podcast of Gun Owners' Action League, is back with an all-new format, new hosts, and new topics for the Massachusetts gun owner! We'll cover a broad range of topics, from Mass gun laws, GOAL's advocacy and legislative efforts, as well as technical and general Second Amendment topics from across the firearms industry and enthusiast world. We'll also bring in special guests and host discussion panels, but we also want to hear from you!

If you're a member of a local club or sporting association and have public news to share with us, or if there are other 2A-related topics in your town that you want to discuss, or even if you have show ideas or tips and tricks, please let us know here or drop us a line!

Send us an email:
[email protected]

Like and follow up on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/GOALPodcastMA

Listen and subscribe to The GOAL Podcast at the following link:

Or find us on Apple, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or anywhere you get your podcasts.

Please listen, subscribe, and help us spread the word! We look forward to hearing from you!

The GOAL Podcast is a production of Gun Owners' Action League of Massachusetts. The views expressed are those of the hosts and guests and do not necessarily reflect those of GOAL, its staff, or affiliates
Timely info, Thanks

Episode 36 is live! Jim Wallace, Executive Director for Gun Owners Action League joins us to talk about 2020, Massachusetts gun law history, and the outlook for 2021. Also we have an update on the ATF pistol brace guidance and introducing the new Drill of the Month segment.

View: https://goalpodcast.libsyn.com/jim-wallace-on-2020-and-the-future

Listen, subscribe, and help spread the word!

Back
Top Bottom