• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The first batch of CZ-82 C&R Handguns in YEARS has arrived

I think if TSUSA can operate in daylight then these guys can too

I think so too.

I'm certain CLASSIC is used to dealing with a lot more serious sh*t than our worthless lesbian AG.

But play her game - hide in the sewers. But that plan stinks.

CZ82 = Decent surplus hi-cap pistol but just be aware of a few things:
The finish is painted on the receiver and slide. It's a somewhat tough finish but with normal use it can get nicked and rubbed off after a while.
Also, the CZ82/ 83 is one of the most complicated semi-auto firearms I've ever had the pleasure to completely disassemble and work on. There are a hell of a lot of parts in comparison to it's cousin, the Makarov. If something goes wrong internally (most commonly, the double action function "slips" and won't fire unless you manually cock the hammer) It's not for the faint of heart to take down that gun to the last pin and spring.
Other than that, I had no complaints about mine. I ended up selling all mine off to fund other stuff.

I was literally reduced to sitting on the basement floor in my shorty pants sobbing trying to get that stupid spring to sit up over that link. Also in my frustration I did not notice that dust size detent ball slip out , that was fun
Steel ball part 22 on diagram.
The sear spring sucks to
Oh and do not forget to re stake the pin going through the frame. It will walk if you dont.
Even master smith Greg Derr said WTF after he took it on to fix it and refinish it. Still a great little pistol.
I’m actually shocked these are under $300 from Classic. I bought mine 10 years ago think they where $159ish 2 mags and nice pistol and spare mag holster though

FYI I've read multiple reviews saying the ones Classic is selling are in really rough shape. I saw a flood of reviews saying how rusty and poor they were. Not that I would have bought from them if I could help it. "These are the last ones, and also the finest ones I've ever had the pleasure of pulling the trigger on."

Does Brownell's still offer C&R discount? I had read several times they discontinued that so I never bothered to upload mine.

For me it's that I find they over hype their stuff. It seems like every batch with rare exception is a combination of:

a.) the last we'll ever see
b.) the nicest we've ever seen

And is priced as if both are true. About two years ago they were selling some Lee Enfields, and I got a nicer condition one than those in their videos for over $250 less. I have heard their customer service is not great.

I've also heard from many, many people that they scrub the reviews on their sites. So, if you get a rusty POS as many were saying their CZs were, that review gets removed, but a 3-5 star one will remain.

The "hand pick" is a scam, too, basically. They're just kind of sleazy in my opinion. It seems like every couple of months I see a "is this considered 'good' condition? Classic says it is and won't refund/exchange" thread. FWIW my SKS was obtained in a group buy from them (I didn't know they were the vendor) and it has been very good. The organizer of the group buy said they were a pain to deal with, though.

I'd say they're a step up from Mitchell's Mausers, but that isn't saying much.

FYI I've read multiple reviews saying the ones Classic is selling are in really rough shape. I saw a flood of reviews saying how rusty and poor they were. Not that I would have bought from them if I could help it. "These are the last ones, and also the finest ones I've ever had the pleasure of pulling the trigger on."

Does Brownell's still offer C&R discount? I had read several times they discontinued that so I never bothered to upload mine.
They do on selected items if your buying a lot from brownells it won’t take long to recover cost of license.

They do on selected items if your buying a lot from brownells it won’t take long to recover cost of license.
Dang, got a bunch of their M16A1 stuff last year when I was assembling my clone, but as I said I'd read a bunch of posts saying they didn't offer the discount anymore. Maybe it wouldn't have mattered, but good to know.

Dang, got a bunch of their M16A1 stuff last year when I was assembling my clone, but as I said I'd read a bunch of posts saying they didn't offer the discount anymore. Maybe it wouldn't have mattered, but good to know.
It was Midway that did away with the discount some years ago.

Brownells offers the same "dealer discount" to any FFL holder, LEOs, and instructors. I suspect MIL also but don't recall for sure.

They did process my $30 a couple days ago so hopefully it doesn’t get delayed with this bs shutdown

Sorry to tell you this but it absolutely will be delayed because of the shutdown. I renewed mine during a previous shutdown and it got hung up because of it for a while. Remember too that there's a backlog building up every day this goes on too so they need to wade thru all of it once they're back to work again. But the fact that they took your money is a good sign, you're halfway home at least.

It was Midway that did away with the discount some years ago.

Brownells offers the same "dealer discount" to any FFL holder, LEOs, and instructors. I suspect MIL also but don't recall for sure.
Dang, might've helped on the 6000 primers + powder I ordered from them in November.
Lesson learned.

Friends don't let friends buy from sweaty Ben.

Complete BS ads "you might be a winner" on a handpicked VG+ rust bucket with cracked wood. Somehow the overpriced mystery surplus still manages to sell out faster than one can click.

Quick glance I don’t see any change in price for reloading gear or any of the M16a1 stuff that came up.
Example save about $20 on. SAI M1a wood stock.
Want me to look something up I will

This post confuses me. What does the OP mean by saying this is the first batch of CZ82s in years? Classic has been pushing these CZ82s in their email ads for months now.

As for the bait and switch with those Polish RAK's, I agree that it is BS. When I dealt with them for a CZ82 they were fine. I didn't bother with hand pick and they still sent me one in decent shape. Their customer service was good to deal with too.

This post confuses me. What does the OP mean by saying this is the first batch of CZ82s in years? Classic has been pushing these CZ82s in their email ads for months now.

As for the bait and switch with those Polish RAK's, I agree that it is BS. When I dealt with them for a CZ82 they were fine. I didn't bother with hand pick and they still sent me one in decent shape. Their customer service was good to deal with too.
It’s thier running sales pitch in all thier adds.

Back
Top Bottom