"The Fear of Training"

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.Nastek

Instructor
NES Member
I have been reading threads from a few forums and have come to a realization. That most if not more than 2/3 of the licensed to carry CCW holders. Donot spend a dime on any training, reading materials, DVDS etc. I constantly read that I know how to shoot, why do I need to spend my hard earned money on anything more than my gun and that one box of K Mart ammo that was on sale. And maybe they pony up alittle money for the gun club membership. So what is the Fear that seems to run through all of these people? I just can't figure them out. I am definately tired of hearing the class is "That Much" I can't pay that, or It's so far away I can't spend that much money on gas (30 or 40 miles) I'll take a class if its closer, Ammo is so expensive why would I want to just throw it down range,I don't have the right gear!!! If you own a carry gun than you should already have the gear, would you think?A good holster,mag pouch and a decent belt. The instructors and training are just overwhelming I just can't handle it!! You own and carry a gun but your afraid of the instructor and the level of training. Whats going to happen if you need to use it (Probably Not). Those are just a few of the crazy things that people post.

How about no more excuse's. Training is important in life. Education is paramount in life. Reading is the expansion of the mind. Working the body is healthy. Having the skills needed to handle,shoot and use a firearm are required. So why all the procrastination and FEAR It can't be about money, mileage,gear, the instructor. It must be confidence thing. I guess.

Same reason why so many self-professed "expert riflemen" refuse to enter a single rifle competition.

The excuses I have heard for not taking part in a highpower rifle match (what I do) even when all or most of the gear is offered for free are legion.

It all boils down to one thing: ego. Ego that can't handle the truth.

Mike, you mean like this thread by our buddy Jim??

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=12399

I'm locking this thread as a Dupe and ask that conversation continue in the prior thread.

Mike if you believe this isn't redundant, you know how to reach me and we can discuss it (wrt opening this thread back up).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom